EURO 2020 ('21) THREAD

4 minutes ago, Wiltshire Rhino said:

Is the village in Denmark or England?

Denmark.

And, pubs here did not go more upmarket in the 1990s like they did in England. It is smokey, brown and does not have anything as posh as beer on tap.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Bob8 said:

Denmark.

And, pubs here did not go more upmarket in the 1990s like they did in England. It is smokey, brown and does not have anything as posh as beer on tap.

With you being the only England fan? 

Good luck 🤞 

2014 Challenged Cup Winner

50 minutes ago, Bob8 said:

Denmark.

But it will be £10 for a single drink.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

3 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

But the barmaid will be tall, blonde and stunning. Also much younger than us and probably married to Bob8

4 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Definately not.

A Google Image search of Brun Bodega/Brown Pub to give you a flavour:

https://www.google.com/search?q=brun+bodega&client=firefox-b-d&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwi9vefei9HxAhVD_aQKHbKcCVUQ_AUoAXoECAEQAw&biw=1426&bih=924

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

Just now, Shadow said:

But the barmaid will be tall, blonde and stunning. Also much younger than us and probably married to Bob8

I hope not. The missus coming with me and that could be awkward.

1 minute ago, Shadow said:

I believe most of Denmark now believes it is married to Bob.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

2 minutes ago, Bob8 said:

£9.

1 hour ago, Wiltshire Rhino said:

What kind of country can exist on a diet entirely made up of beer, chips and chocolate? 🤔 

Founded in 1830. That makes it older than at least 150 other countries, including Italy, Germany and so on. Maybe there is something to be said for such a diet.

4 hours ago, Bob8 said:

Denmark vs England will be the first game that I go to watch at the village pub.

You go and sock it to those bacon eating coalition government lovers. 

Sorry I've not much to go on in the way of Danish based insults. 

28 minutes ago, Maximus Decimus said:

Let's just hope that after tonight all the Danes will want to do is "hygge" 

2014 Challenged Cup Winner

1 hour ago, wilsontown said:

I think Denmark look like decent value at 4/1, so I've had a tenner on them.

Of course, that's in 90 minutes so if Denmark go through after extra time or penalties I'll be both gutted and skint.

That's why you bet on to go through. I got about 3.7 to 1. That's absurd IMO against a team we didn't score against in 180 minutes. 

1 hour ago, Maximus Decimus said:

I am going to use that 

If they think they've got one hand on the trophy they're going to have to Lego.

38 minutes ago, Maximus Decimus said:

I figured you'd have a few more after living there for a few years! 

Nothing.  
I am relying on anything more you can come up with. Please?

an hour and half build up to the game on itv WTF!!!!!!!!!- would have lost the will to live even before kick off had i been watching it- which i wont be

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

That's why you bet on to go through. I got about 3.7 to 1. That's absurd IMO against a team we didn't score against in 180 minutes. 

I did look at that but was only getting 2/1 for Denmark to progress - possibly because I was doing this the old-fashioned way and visiting an actual betting shop.

As you say, the odds are completely daft for what is a pretty decent side, even if you'd normally expect England to progress.

Archived