Town v Rochdale

Derwent Park SC

agree onreport,but the service from acting half and play need to be better,Dec an Matty had a good run of games and a rest might do them both good ,both had little injurys and still playing every game.marwood fresh and not played and O'Brian a good solid hooker.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well for a team that was struggling to put 13 on the park a very big well done to Rochdale, the two second rows and the little Callum Philips look a like had great games , feel for the young lad who through the interception pass but that's RL and you take your chances when they come to you, again we didn't play well but that's another two points in the bag , a big improvement is needed if we are to get anything at barrra, hope Stevie is ok but Chris thinks it could be ligament damage, lovely speech from Carl Forber after the match well done marra a true townie 🔵⚪.

Did we lose yesterday? Jeez so much negativity, yes we weren’t great, goal line defence was poor and why on earth we can’t catch a kick off is beyond me, but to be as poor as some say, yet still score over 30 points, still get the win, still 2nd in the league, but still all this negativity, baffling. Think some need to remember where we’ve been in the past

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

1 hour ago, wonky said:

Think some need to remember where we’ve been in the past

And some do recall the best of the 'past' and write accordingly.

However despite so many ups and downs throughout Town's history, and I have witnessed very many of both, I've not seen such an emotional, outstanding climax ever at Derwent Park.

The crowd were in raptures like never before...so good to see and hear.

And yes Rochdale Hornets did play well, despite some poor results to date, which makes me feel this League 1 is more challenging than many originally thought ???

I haven’t heard Chris say anything different tbh , which is to his credit . I haven’t a fan from yesterday say anything different . It’s frustration at the repeated frayed edges we show which make games a lot harder than they should be and which you’ll need to fix if you want to get where you want to be . You can’t let the last second mask that . The table looks good now , but with tough fixtures to come we need to improve a lot in some areas , as there’s potential in that team that we’re just not showing yet because we keep shooting ourselves in the foot , and playing in patches will cost you . 

Glad of the win yesterday , but nothing short of our best will be good enough to beat Barrow , Barrow keep saying they have an injury crisis , but it`s not that long ago we beat Featherstone with only 14 fit players and Matthew Johnson filling in on the wing , let`s just concentrate on our game , keep the errors down and who knows . UTT.

2 hours ago, chromedome said:

And some do recall the best of the 'past' and write accordingly.

However despite so many ups and downs throughout Town's history, and I have witnessed very many of both, I've not seen such an emotional, outstanding climax ever at Derwent Park.

The crowd were in raptures like never before...so good to see and hear.

And yes Rochdale Hornets did play well, despite some poor results to date, which makes me feel this League 1 is more challenging than many originally thought ???

how many times over the years have we lost that game though. More than I’d like to remember. There hasn’t been an ending or reaction to a game at derwent park like that since Sammut kicked that goal against haven. We’ve now played all the best teams in the League now except barrow and only lost once, by 2 points, to donny. Guarantee we would have taken that before the start of the season. And yeah yesterday wasn’t our best, but we still scored some cracking tries, got the win, and give all the fans the buzz to keep coming back week after week. 

19 hours ago, Town utd said:

agree onreport,but the service from acting half and play need to be better,Dec an Matty had a good run of games and a rest might do them both good ,both had little injurys and still playing every game.marwood fresh and not played and O'Brian a good solid hooker.

He maybe is but I think he's going to be a phenomenal backrower,  such a shame he lost the ball in the tackle after a storming run to set up the drop goal. 

4 hours ago, wonky said:

Did we lose yesterday? Jeez so much negativity, yes we weren’t great, goal line defence was poor and why on earth we can’t catch a kick off is beyond me, but to be as poor as some say, yet still score over 30 points, still get the win, still 2nd in the league, but still all this negativity, baffling. Think some need to remember where we’ve been in the past

I know it's a failing of ours to make an error after a try but those kicks were being blown back towards the Rochdale players, they were favourites to get every one. Having said that we need to somehow make it more difficult for teams to do that.

On 20/06/2021 at 16:20, DavidM said:

Glad we won but sorry that was awful . We were second best all over the place . Slower , ponderous , brittle on our line . I’m glad Chris said we didn’t deserve to win because that’s reality . We seriously need to sharpen up because in those three games I’ve seen it’s been same old same old , just such hard work .  We really are crying out for a big middle unit to bend the line btw

Where's the interview mate? I couldn't see the last two on the Radio Cumbria website.

5 hours ago, wonky said:

The league table means nothing ATM we wanna be up there at the buisness end and can't afford to lose ground. Yes great ending and a win but I think fans are genrally meaning certain areas will have to improve against the  better sides in the league. Its more constructive criticism than negativity. Listen to CT's interview.

1 hour ago, wonky said:

There hasn’t been an ending or reaction to a game at derwent park like that since Sammut kicked that goal against haven

Yes that win will be forever deposited in my Town memory bank for sure.....in second place to yesterday's....

15 hours ago, wonky said:

how many times over the years have we lost that game though. More than I’d like to remember. There hasn’t been an ending or reaction to a game at derwent park like that since Sammut kicked that goal against haven. We’ve now played all the best teams in the League now except barrow and only lost once, by 2 points, to donny. Guarantee we would have taken that before the start of the season. And yeah yesterday wasn’t our best, but we still scored some cracking tries, got the win, and give all the fans the buzz to keep coming back week after week. 

Well said wonky, agree entirely, many times that situation has been in reverse and against us, credit to the lads for playing right to the end and in this case beyond, like many others I was buzzing at the end when Buffer scored, don’t forget the other tries either, Jammers solo effort was great and the pass from Brown to Holroyd , for his try was top draw as well.

Up the Town.

19 hours ago, town4me said:

The league table means nothing ATM we wanna be up there at the buisness end and can't afford to lose ground. Yes great ending and a win but I think fans are genrally meaning certain areas will have to improve against the  better sides in the league. Its more constructive criticism than negativity. Listen to CT's interview.

Which better teams in the league other than barrow? We’ve played them all now beating hunslet, keighley and Rochdale and losing (but still outscored them in tries) to donny. Let’s face it barrow will win the league then it’s between us and Doncaster for 2nd and 3rd.  I’m not saying we were good on Sunday? But my god we weren’t as bad as some make out. 

42 minutes ago, wonky said:

Which better teams in the league other than barrow? We’ve played them all now beating hunslet, keighley and Rochdale and losing (but still outscored them in tries) to donny. Let’s face it barrow will win the league then it’s between us and Doncaster for 2nd and 3rd.  I’m not saying we were good on Sunday? But my god we weren’t as bad as some make out. 

Probably gonna be a few on the road  that are gonna be a bit tougher than Sunday. The seasons going well and we look to have the ability to take on anyone  in this league playing as they can.  Just limit the errors and soft penalties and town will take some beating. 

On 21/06/2021 at 16:47, homeandawayer said:

I know it's a failing of ours to make an error after a try but those kicks were being blown back towards the Rochdale players, they were favourites to get every one. Having said that we need to somehow make it more difficult for teams to do that.

Short 10 kick, attack has advantage everytime, its a high percentage play at any level but very rarely see NRL coaches utiluse it funily enough

4 hours ago, town4me said:

Probably gonna be a few on the road  that are gonna be a bit tougher than Sunday. The seasons going well and we look to have the ability to take on anyone  in this league playing as they can.  Just limit the errors and soft penalties and town will take some beating. 

To be fair, Rochdale as good as any we have played so far, very well organised and really strong middles, watched Barrow on Saturday and they were average,  got every 50/50 decision i thought, for mine, London unlucky especially having played with 12 most of game

13 minutes ago, Onreport said:

Short 10 kick, attack has advantage everytime, its a high percentage play at any level but very rarely see NRL coaches utiluse it funily enough

I love a bit of invention at kick offs . You’re right you rarely see it , more in the NRL , but when you see a short kick it’s amazing how often you get the ball back . If you don’t you’ve given up some yards . Also belting it toward the touchline , bombing it up Pat Richards style . I applaud  sides for doing this kind of thing with a bit of out the box thinking , rather than just doing the orthodox long kick . Short drop outs , chips over the top , 40/20s , kicking early in a tackle count with a full back up and a lightning winger to chase after it . I  like stuff like that when I see it 

1 hour ago, Onreport said:

To be fair, Rochdale as good as any we have played so far, very well organised and really strong middles, watched Barrow on Saturday and they were average,  got every 50/50 decision i thought, for mine, London unlucky especially having played with 12 most of game

Barrow were poor but had 8 first choice players missing 

16 hours ago, DavidM said:

I love a bit of invention at kick offs . You’re right you rarely see it , more in the NRL , but when you see a short kick it’s amazing how often you get the ball back . If you don’t you’ve given up some yards . Also belting it toward the touchline , bombing it up Pat Richards style . I applaud  sides for doing this kind of thing with a bit of out the box thinking , rather than just doing the orthodox long kick . Short drop outs , chips over the top , 40/20s , kicking early in a tackle count with a full back up and a lightning winger to chase after it . I  like stuff like that when I see it 

We did the chip over the top a few times for Elliot Miller and it had a good success rate, if nothing else it creates panic in the defence and puts them on their own line (as long as you make the tackle). Imagine doing it for Holroyd!

Archived