Jump to content

1895 Cup Final


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, POR said:

I don't think you will have to win as many as you think oldham have to play the five teams just above you dewsbury on 9 to newcastle on 11  with york on 8 they all can't win🤣 plus they have to play london TO and FEV 

I’ve been watching York sport long enough to know that until it’s confirmed, you’re never safe (and even then it has changed after that in some cases). 
 

We’ve still got to play Fev, London, Bradford and potentially travel to Toulouse depending on restrictions. All it takes is for Oldham to grind out a few results and us continue this poor run for us to be right back in League One! 

Jason Bass Fan Club - member #001

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Don't very often post on here, but what a performance by our boys, each one ran their blood to water and never gave up. Yes, the defence could have been much better and there were still too many mistakes but, compared to previous games, the effort, determination and pride was there for all to see. Fev were the better side on the day and deserved the victory but that doesn't take away how much our boys gave during that game - VERY PROUD 👏

What I wasn't so proud of was the behaviour of some so called supporters on our bus home, too drunk to control their kids, kicking off when someone challenged them about their behaviour, so much so that the Police were waiting for us when we eventually got back to York.  Big shout out to the Pullman drivers who tried to calm things but, like the rest of us, were just appalled and totally fed up of them. Would make me think twice about going on a club bus again.  Didn't spoil a good day out but certainly took the shine off it. 😠

Edited by ladyknight1967
  • Sad 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, ladyknight1967 said:

Don't very often post on here, but what a performance by our boys, each one ran their blood to water and never gave up. Yes, the defence could have been much better and there were still too many mistakes but, compared to previous games, the effort, determination and pride was there for all to see. Fev were the better side on the day and deserved the victory but that doesn't take away how much our boys gave during that game - VERY PROUD 👏

What I wasn't so proud of was the behaviour of some so called supporters on our bus home, too drunk to control their kids, kicking off when someone challenged them about their behaviour, so much so that the Police were waiting for us when we got back to York.  Big shout out to the Pullman drivers who tried to calm things but, like the rest of us, were just appalled and totally fed up of them. Would make me think twice about going on a club bus again.  Didn't spoil a good day our but certainly took the shine off it. 😠

Really sorry to hear that LadyK. I've been supporting York RL for about 60 years, travelling to various grounds and clubs. One thing I've noticed over the last 30 years is a creeping hooligan behaviour amongst a minority of rugby fans that is more akin to many of the slobs that " support " football. It is very sad that this type of disrespectful behaviour is becoming more prevalent in the greatest game, but is probably only a reflection of modern society. So glad that like us you enjoyed following the Knights to Wembley and that the sh#$e you witnessed later didnt totally ruin your trip.

Edited by Peter G.
Wording
  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Toby The Tram said:

I’ve been watching York sport long enough to know that until it’s confirmed, you’re never safe (and even then it has changed after that in some cases). 
 

We’ve still got to play Fev, London, Bradford and potentially travel to Toulouse depending on restrictions. All it takes is for Oldham to grind out a few results and us continue this poor run for us to be right back in League One! 

That's all true T but they have to grind out wins against teams in and around you   

 If you beat swinton and they grind out a win  you stay above oldham and go above whitehaven 

if you both lose you still stay above them so  it's all swings and roundabouts

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Peter G. said:

Really sorry to hear that LadyK. I've been supporting York RL for about 60 years, travelling to various grounds and clubs. One thing I've noticed over the last 30 years is a creeping hooligan behaviour amongst a minority of rugby fans that is more akin to many of the slobs that " support " football. It is very sad that this type of disrespectful behaviour is becoming more prevalent in the greatest game, but is probably only a reflection of modern society. So glad that like us you enjoyed following the Knights to Wembley and that the sh#$e you witnessed later didnt totally ruin your trip.

Couldn't agree more, I've noticed the same during my 25 + years of following York. I normally drive to away games but decided on the bus for such a long trip and for convenience. Won't be doing it again. Just hope the behaviour of these idiots doesn't reflect on the club or Pullman's sponsorship of our club.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ladyknight1967 said:

Couldn't agree more, I've noticed the same during my 25 + years of following York. I normally drive to away games but decided on the bus for such a long trip and for convenience. Won't be doing it again. Just hope the behaviour of these idiots doesn't reflect on the club or Pullman's sponsorship of our club.

We've got our idiots but luckily haven't heard anything bad coming from Saturday, thankfully. Sorry to hear of your UNACCEPTABLE UNNECESSARY experience.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I had the unfortunate luck to be sat on my own right among these people and to be honest ladyknight1967 it did spoil my day and i won't be going on the Pullman bus to away games ever again.

I can't see how a bus company can allow people to drink alcohol on a long journey like that let alone let them start at 6.30 in the morning and still be knocking it back at 11.30. Its asking for trouble as some of these blokes had become very dangerous by the evening.

SORT THIS OUT PULLMAN.

I worked in a BR workshop all my working life so i have heard everything and don't get offended by anything i hear ,but when it's constant for 8 hours and at ever increasing volume anyone would of had enough especially in a confined space where you can't walk away from it.

I just hope no harm came to the chap and his wife who were both threatened. I can't imagine how you were feeling for the last 2 hours of that journey knowing someone was going to be waiting for you when you got off the bus to do you harm.Thank goodness the police were there.

Anyway i won't comment on the game because it became an irrelevance to me after this disgrace.

 

  • Like 2
  • Sad 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, ladyknight1967 said:

Don't very often post on here, but what a performance by our boys, each one ran their blood to water and never gave up. Yes, the defence could have been much better and there were still too many mistakes but, compared to previous games, the effort, determination and pride was there for all to see. Fev were the better side on the day and deserved the victory but that doesn't take away how much our boys gave during that game - VERY PROUD 👏

What I wasn't so proud of was the behaviour of some so called supporters on our bus home, too drunk to control their kids, kicking off when someone challenged them about their behaviour, so much so that the Police were waiting for us when we eventually got back to York.  Big shout out to the Pullman drivers who tried to calm things but, like the rest of us, were just appalled and totally fed up of them. Would make me think twice about going on a club bus again.  Didn't spoil a good day out but certainly took the shine off it. 😠

Very sorry to hear about your bad experience, we were on bus 1 and had a great day some good laughs between the fans, and a chorus of " There's only one Perry Whitely"

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Acasterknight said:

Very sorry to hear about your bad experience, we were on bus 1 and had a great day some good laughs between the fans, and a chorus of " There's only one Perry Whitely"

I’d have Perry in my team every week.

  • Like 2

Beer and York City Knights. Proof the God loves us and wants to be happy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It is illegal to drink or carry alchohol on a coach traveling to a sporting event , I am surprised Pullman let it happen. If memory serves it was 86/7 when this law was introduced , at the time I was secretary of Wembley trip for Fulfordgate Club. As we traveled to London on the friday for the w/e I asked NYP if the rule applied on the friday as we were not on our way to a sporting event on that day OR the sunday traveling back.

The answer was that friday and sunday were OK , BUT if we were stopped by motorway plod on those days they could interpret things differently AND send us back to York , better to be safe than sorry I had to stand at the coach doorway checking no one was trying to smuggle cans onboard , after warning them in the club before we set off , bar was open at 0700 and we set off at 0815.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I know you can’t name names I just wonder if those causing bother are regulars or not? Never really seen anything like that at York games. 

I try and avoid going on the coach to finals because of past experiences (not with York I might add). Had it in my ear all the way to Old Trafford from some idiot saying the RFL would ensure we’d lose, then all the way back saying the ref was paid off. Bottles rolling all around the floor, someone throwing up etc. Not my idea of fun. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The sad thing is incidents like this are usually swept under the carpet or left over a period of time so it is forgotten about so as not to tarnish reputations of clubs or companies when it should be easy to identify trouble makers and come down hard on them.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, AB Knight said:

I know you can’t name names I just wonder if those causing bother are regulars or not? Never really seen anything like that at York games. 

I try and avoid going on the coach to finals because of past experiences (not with York I might add). Had it in my ear all the way to Old Trafford from some idiot saying the RFL would ensure we’d lose, then all the way back saying the ref was paid off. Bottles rolling all around the floor, someone throwing up etc. Not my idea of fun. 

From what I could gather, they were part of one of the local community clubs, I won't name it other than to say we did play there when we were homeless. 

The driver did say it was football trips that had to be dry and the parents said they would be responsible because they had kids with them. Have to say none of the kids in my family will ever play for that club if they think that was responsible. 

No idea what happened when we got off the bus as we just went home so not sure if the couple who were threatened, reported it to the police, I hope so, these blokes were just thugs. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, ladyknight1967 said:

From what I could gather, they were part of one of the local community clubs, I won't name it other than to say we did play there when we were homeless. 

The driver did say it was football trips that had to be dry and the parents said they would be responsible because they had kids with them. Have to say none of the kids in my family will ever play for that club if they think that was responsible. 

No idea what happened when we got off the bus as we just went home so not sure if the couple who were threatened, reported it to the police, I hope so, these blokes were just thugs. 

The coach company we used Ingleby's , included the relavant paperwork regarding the ban when I booked the coach , not just football but blanket ban. It could have changed since the 80's but I can't find anything on the net.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

KSS have run Weekend Trips to Wembley since 2006 without any problems travelling or in the hotel. We will be organising a trip again next year everyone is welcome to join us.

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, KISS said:

KSS have run Weekend Trips to Wembley since 2006 without any problems travelling or in the hotel. We will be organising a trip again next year everyone is welcome to join us.

 

That's cos its like a SAGA trip Gary!

Seriously though, it's always a well organised weekend with like-minded RL fans, both male and female, enjoying each other's company. Even the ones who like a few drinks, like me, still have half a brain left and respect fellow travellers. And, we DONT booze on the coach.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sad but occasions like that attract the 'glory fan'. Never watch a match in regular season but sniff of a cup final and the shirts are on and 'We're all York'. Cas used to have loads of 'em, footy fans.

Our train home had a handful in our 'quiet' coach. Never seen any of them at a Knights game before. All yawp and one pretending he was ringing Fordy. Gave themselves away as the songs were Leeds United 'singalongs'.  Might I say old enough to know better too.

Female train guard was very sensible with them, humored them and eventually they ran out of ######.... and railway line. 😄

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Peter G. said:

That's cos its like a SAGA trip Gary!

Seriously though, it's always a well organised weekend with like-minded RL fans, both male and female, enjoying each other's company. Even the ones who like a few drinks, like me, still have half a brain left and respect fellow travellers. And, we DONT booze on the coach.

It has been known for someone to sneak Sanatogen on to the coach !!

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...