Jump to content

INTER-SERVICE RUGBY


Recommended Posts


6 hours ago, The Frying Scotsman said:

Unfortunately not.  It is the home ground of the Jamaica national team, who play out of a West Yorkshire mining village. 

They’ve never played a match at Fev. They’ve played three home games in their history, two in Jamaica and one in Jacksonville. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, The Frying Scotsman said:

Unfortunately not.  It is the home ground of the Jamaica national team, who play out of a West Yorkshire mining village. 

Mining finished in Featherstone nearly 40 years ago, and it is a town with a growing population due to much new house building, it is not a village. I  live in Featherstone and can't recall Jamaica playing a game here, but if they do in the future I am sure they will get a very warm welcome and enjoy the excellent facilities on offer.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Eddie said:

They’ve never played a match at Fev. They’ve played three home games in their history, two in Jamaica and one in Jacksonville. 

He's just a troll mate

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Gooleboy said:

Mining finished in Featherstone nearly 40 years ago, and it is a town with a growing population due to much new house building, it is not a village. I  live in Featherstone and can't recall Jamaica playing a game here, but if they do in the future I am sure they will get a very warm welcome and enjoy the excellent facilities on offer.

Just a troll mate, don't waste your time.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Stirlin said:

Can't speak for the junior services Paul but Royal Navy Rugby league was founded in 1997.

RAF and Army started in 94 as British Armed Forces finally lifted their ban on rugby league.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 15/09/2021 at 03:11, The Frying Scotsman said:

Massive... In what way?

The likes of the Army have been in the Challenge Cup for years. They would normally get rolled out by a mediocre amateur team like Bentley or Kells. 

 

Or the Army Union team going by the recent match

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 15/09/2021 at 03:11, The Frying Scotsman said:

Massive... In what way?

The likes of the Army have been in the Challenge Cup for years. They would normally get rolled out by a mediocre amateur team like Bentley or Kells. 

 

You mean the Army that got to the 4th round of the challenge Cup in 2020? Stop being awkward for the sake of it

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, unapologetic pedant said:

Which game do you have the fondest recollection of?

Army v Navy games were usually better than games including the Air Force.

I remember a great Friday night game in Portsmouth mid to late 2000s. Had a great crowd. Was a buzz. Can’t remember the score, but was a very evenly matched contest.

Remember the atmosphere and enjoyment of a tight game between RE and REME for the Army crown.

Saw a couple of Marines v Paras too. Tough affairs.

Seen any yourself?

 

Edited by Sports Prophet
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Sports Prophet said:

Seen any yourself?

Not in person. 

In recent years I`ve paid more attention to the women`s game in the UK. The disparity between the Army and the rest has generally led in inter-services games to the sort of blowouts you wouldn`t enjoy at all. It will be interesting to see if this combined RN/RAF team are more competitive.

One of the positive aspects of Services RL, male or female, is the number of people involved who hail from areas outside the heartlands.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 14/09/2021 at 08:22, ATLANTISMAN said:

Massive potential for inter service rugby.

Paul

 

On 14/09/2021 at 16:49, Stirlin said:

Can't speak for the junior services Paul but Royal Navy Rugby league was founded in 1997.

 

On 14/09/2021 at 17:22, POR said:

RAF and Army started in 94 as British Armed Forces finally lifted their ban on rugby league.

Wednesday afternoon was sports afternoon. I remember an RAF sgt coming round,  c1991 and asking how many more lads would be interested in playing rugby league. I asked how many already were there. He said "one" . Wondering who it was I asked him. He said "you" 

  • Haha 3

Wibble

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...