Premier Sports TV Deal

5 minutes ago, Spidey said:

In the Q&A with Martyn Sadler it’s stated there is a limit to how many times you get selected. I don’t think that number was shared though 

I suppose from a slightly different perspective I meant was there a minimum?

Wasn't it something like at least 3 times On TV minimum or something in Super League, pre covid.

Just now, Tommygilf said:

I suppose from a slightly different perspective I meant was there a minimum?

Wasn't it something like at least 3 times On TV minimum or something in Super League, pre covid.

Dunno. When the fixtures come out I guess we’ll have some indication 

Leigh are busy hiring out the LSV every Monday night apparently 😜

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

I still think that the Championship clubs would have been better of sticking with Our League and SKY for end of season games + the Big Bash which needs to be moved to York.

My wife,s company used to provide the pitchside advertising for the Pro 14 on SKY as soon as it moved to Premier Sport the interest from clients dropped to almost zero which was a shame as the 2 Italian matches were a weekend of foodie bliss:) which we all miss especially the logistics boys.

Premier Sport is a tough old sale however I wish the clubs and them well and hope it works out.

Paul

By the way I have a mate who does the pitchside ads for UEFA. Deeply envious.

I digress. It is not the case that Pro 14/16 supporters in Wales lament that Premier took over from the beeb as first it is ######, but mainly as it was felt it disappeared down a black hole?

I see that some games this season have returned to the BBC as well as on S4C.

Unless Premier can demonstrates a profit for clubs, I reckon it will quickly be dropped. 

33 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Or anybody else!

Good point though, has there been clarification on how many times a club is guaranteed to be on TV?

It wouldn't surprise me if Leigh or Fev do get close to a third 

Just now, GUBRATS said:

But no mention of away games , who will they send to London , and Newcastle ?

Yes, that could be a challenge for. Some fans, but if we are talking financial impact we are referring to the hosts. 

Hopefully there will be some pragmatism and an aim for Variety. For example if you are going to show Newcastle on a Monday you choose either the most local geographically or a team where the away following would be tiny anyway, therefore impacting a small number of people. 

Just now, GUBRATS said:

Saying they want vibrant well attended games on a Monday night isn't going to happen IMO 

I don't think it will be as bad as people make out tbh, providing the match selections are reasonable. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Yes, that could be a challenge for. Some fans, but if we are talking financial impact we are referring to the hosts. 

Hopefully there will be some pragmatism and an aim for Variety. For example if you are going to show Newcastle on a Monday you choose either the most local geographically or a team where the away following would be tiny anyway, therefore impacting a small number of people. 

So Newcastle v York ? , Probably be Leigh or Widnes , or even a part time London 🙄

1 minute ago, Dave T said:

I don't think it will be as bad as people make out tbh, providing the match selections are reasonable. 

You know my opinions on what I believe the Championship clubs need to focus on , fans through the door , both home and away to create the atmosphere , to make the games and competition feel vibrant 

Monday nights with reduced fans from both will make the games lacklustre IMO 

4 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

You know my opinions on what I believe the Championship clubs need to focus on , fans through the door , both home and away to create the atmosphere , to make the games and competition feel vibrant 

Monday nights with reduced fans from both will make the games lacklustre IMO 

I don't disagree with the first para, have made similar points unless you are getting paid plenty, but I dont see the crowds dropping off a cliff. 

1 hour ago, Tommygilf said:

Good point though, has there been clarification on how many times a club is guaranteed to be on TV?

According to this piece...

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/championship-tv-deal-premier-sports-21839529?utm_source=leeds_live_newsletter&utm_campaign=rugby_league_lve_newsletter&utm_medium=email&pure360.trackingid={~TrackingId~}&fbclid=IwAR07lzzdseQwlOQ-GveGJ-1M8CloaoZlsstztQgC-BfxhtrzfhVG-IadHOI

The maximum cap of games per team is four.

Most teams will have fewer - 26 weekly rounds divided by 14 teams suggests most teams will have two, with a few 'top teams' getting three and a similar number having one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, paulwalker71 said:

The maximum cap of games per team is four.

Most teams will have fewer - 26 weekly rounds divided by 14 teams suggests most teams will have two, with a few 'top teams' getting three and a similar number having one.

26 rounds = 52 teams.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, GUBRATS said:

What difference does away games make to your ST Harry ?

Not just away Gubby, Monday nights are a no no for me. One thing I was looking forward to was regular Sunday Championship Fixtures.

Edited by Harry Stottle

2 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Not just away Gubby, Monday nights are a no no for me. OBE thing I was looking forward to was regular Sunday Championship Fixtures.

Fair enough , for me it doesn't really matter , but it will stifle away support at the LSV , which is a part of the enjoyment of the event 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Archie Gordon said:

26 rounds = 52 teams.

You are correct 😄 

I think I had in mind home games, as a lot of the discussion was around the number of home games on the Season Ticket that would be affected.

Speaking personally, I'd be more than delighted if our (Bulls) away game at Workington (or Haven or Barrow) gets chosen for the Monday night match. Less so for a home game against Featherstone or Leigh 😉 

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

Not just away Gubby, Monday nights are a no no for me. One thing I was looking forward to was regular Sunday Championship Fixtures.

Then change your routine Harry.