WHY NO INFORMATION ON LEAGUE 1 NEXT SEASON.

newbe

9 minutes ago, Barley Mow said:

I think you could probably lose the Midlands tag but, other than that, there's a lot to like there.

No mention of the million dollars though?

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, gingerjon said:

Starter for Ten ... using the pre-existing Midlands Hurricanes branding and announcing some sort of formal partnership with Loughborough University (whose colours are usually purple) and plans to play across the midlands.

And a million dollars.

Not far off! 

24 minutes ago, OriginalMrC said:

Not far off! 

I got a bit lucky whilst googling random combinations of weather and 'Coventry'+'rugby league' ...

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

So this all seems to be taking a bit of a turn for the better. Only a few weeks ago we heard that many clubs would not make the start line, now we have a new club in the league and this Coventry initiative - I assume we will indeed be having a L1 in 2022 after all? 

1 hour ago, Barley Mow said:

Very positive - great news - more like this, please.

(Owners of Heartland clubs take note.)

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Whilst I don't personally like the rebrand (I really liked the Coventry Bears as a brand) I really hope this succeeds.

Great to hear that rugby league in the Midlands is not only surviving but showing ambition and looking to grow. I hope this new investment is enough help push the rebranded club and the grassroots scene to the next level. 

1 hour ago, Ray Cashmere said:

Whilst I don't personally like the rebrand (I really liked the Coventry Bears as a brand) I really hope this succeeds.

Great to hear that rugby league in the Midlands is not only surviving but showing ambition and looking to grow. I hope this new investment is enough help push the rebranded club and the grassroots scene to the next level. 

Time for a new club around Bristol/Bath now. 

22 hours ago, OriginalMrC said:

I mentioned previously there was a couple or big surprises in relation to League 1. Some big news incoming over the next week or so with a couple of big announcements. Makes league 1 look very interesting next season 

So we've got Cornwall and the rebranded Bears so far. Anything else on the horizon? 

Minä rakastan rugbyliigaa!

On 31/10/2021 at 20:32, Marauder said:

Not sure how long or who with that you've had your contact with the game, but my but my 43 years says that if you offered an amateur the chance to play a step higher they'd jump at the opportunity, the only one who springs to mind who didn't was Steve Critcherson and that was because he played foitball on the Sunday.

We are not playing top trumps here, but if we were my 60 years beats you.And as I read your post you are agreeing with me, that given the chance they will choose to move "up" not be taken.That is ever the way, it is up to the "amateur" team to replenish its ranks from the youngsters, the late comers, the Union players who wish to give League a go.If you don't like the idea that these amateur players may move away from an NCL/amateur club fine but would you deny them that chance?

1 hour ago, Hemi4561 said:

We are not playing top trumps here, but if we were my 60 years beats you.And as I read your post you are agreeing with me, that given the chance they will choose to move "up" not be taken.That is ever the way, it is up to the "amateur" team to replenish its ranks from the youngsters, the late comers, the Union players who wish to give League a go.If you don't like the idea that these amateur players may move away from an NCL/amateur club fine but would you deny them that chance?

I would never went anyone the chance to move up, what worries me is the lack of player production to survive players being taken to fill a void.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

12 minutes ago, Marauder said:

I would never went anyone the chance to move up, what worries me is the lack of player production to survive players being taken to fill a void.

Where do you think there is a lack of player production? Most M62 corridor clubs have thriving community clubs.

1 hour ago, Tabby said:

Where do you think there is a lack of player production? Most M62 corridor clubs have thriving community clubs.

Less than 45  Community clubs turning out U18's this season throughout the whole of the heartlands - M62 corridor included.

If you call that thriving Tabby I think I'll give your allotment a miss........

19 minutes ago, del capo said:

Less than 45  Community clubs turning out U18's this season throughout the whole of the heartlands - M62 corridor included.

If you call that thriving Tabby I think I'll give your allotment a miss........

45 is better than none. They are Rugby League players, not just oval ball carriers. 
What would you like to see changed to improve that number? Or what could be changed?

On 04/11/2021 at 22:02, Tabby said:

On 04/11/2021 at 23:46, Tabby said:

45 is better than none. They are Rugby League players, not just oval ball carriers. 
What would you like to see changed to improve that number? Or what could be changed?

Serious funding into development, criteria to run a junior team to be less regimented to try and keep volunteers in the game and stop the poaching/ushering of players away from the smaller clubs towards the bigger clubs, this practice at the service areas destroyed many teams/clubs, I remember Dave Marshall phoning me during his lunch break whilst he was at a RFL meeting, he apologised because Doncaster R.L.F.C. had been told to direct the better service area players from the district towards Doncaster Toll Bar because they had the better set up and more junior teams, we ended up losing two aged group teams because an area like ours only has a very small catchment.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

Archived