Cricket - Matches & General Discussion Thread

33 minutes ago, Moose said:

TNT are showing all 5 of the India v England Test series. 
First match starts 4am Thursday 25th January.

They have a streaming presence on Discovery+, but it's often hard to find out which membership level gets you what, or sometimes what they are even showing at any given time.

The Discovery+ app is as bad as their website. 

Edited by Futtocks

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 hour ago, Futtocks said:

They have a streaming presence on Discovery+, but it's often hard to find out which membership level gets you what, or sometimes what they are even showing at any given time.

The Discovery+ app is as bad as their website. 

I got discovery+ to replace gcn+ for cycling. It is a really terrible app to use. Hopefully SL+ are taking note of which apps to emulate and which ones not to.

11 minutes ago, glossop saint said:

I got discovery+ to replace gcn+ for cycling. It is a really terrible app to use. Hopefully SL+ are taking note of which apps to emulate and which ones not to.

Yes, I got Discovery+ for Track Cycling. But it's not always on there; sometimes it's on the UCI YouTube channel and keeping track is a pain in the Lee Anderson.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Well done the Windies! I wasn't expecting that.

• Like 1

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Just now, Futtocks said:

Well done the Windies! I wasn't expecting that.

Very exciting last few overs. The look on Steve Smith's face 😉

Tenuous RL connection. Stokes being the son of a former RL coach is well known, but who knew that Simon Hartley is the son of Bill Hartley, former sprint coach/  conditioner at Widnes and Wigan?

• Like 2

A lot of people, myself included, will need to do some eating of words.

Excellent.

• Like 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

What a day!

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Ralph Waldo Emerson

21 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Excellent.

I am afraid I was one of those who was saying that Ben Duckett was living in cloud cuckoo land after the first day, when India were 120 runs behind with 9 wickets left of their first innings.  He said England were in a good position! 

Well what do I know? In my defence, I know that India really do not lose games at home from that position.

14 minutes ago, Northern Eel said:

I am afraid I was one of those who was saying that Ben Duckett was living in cloud cuckoo land after the first day, when India were 120 runs behind with 9 wickets left of their first innings.  He said England were in a good position! 

Well what do I know? In my defence, I know that India really do not lose games at home from that position.

First time they've lost from that position at home, I believe?

• Thanks 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Well done England! I wasn't expecting that.

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Do try to catch a clip of the Stokes run out - one of the greatest pieces of fielding you'll ever see.

Edit - Like this one:

https://www.tntsports.co.uk/cricket/india-v-england/2024/ravindra-jadeja-run-out-after-outrageous-fielding-by-ben-stokes-as-england-close-on-incredible-win-on-day-four-in-india_vid2075766/video.shtml

Edited by JonM
  • Like 1

• Like 3

Ralph Waldo Emerson

5 hours ago, gingerjon said:

Excellent.

Myself also included.

Very surprised to see Hartley take 7 in an innings against India. Given his returns in first class cricket I figured he might take one or two in the match but not really be a threat. To be fair, didn’t think he’d get carted around like he did in his first spell either. Incredible effort. You would’ve got long odds on Pope scoring 190 odd in the second innings after the first innings as well. 

• Like 1

India 336 for 6 at stumps on day 1. 

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Jaiswal scored a double century, with the next highest Indian score being 34!

England all out for 253. I think we're going to see the series levelled unless something astonishing happens.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Early wicket for England against India after tea leaves them on 228-7 with a lead of 371 on day 3.

Alastair Cook on TNT hoping for a quick mopping up session of the Indian tail.

2 days to make 400 on a pitch that’s still doing a bit?  Would be glorious, but surely we couldn’t, could we?

Edited by Gerrumonside ref