Jump to content

Chizzy Suspended For 8 Matches


Normy_Rover
 Share

Recommended Posts


4 minutes ago, jamescolin said:

I am beginning to think there is a conspiracy against our club. I have followed Fev for around 83 years and know a lot of Featherstone people and supporters. I hear the abuse on the smaller stand and looking at the people causing the noise cannot recognise one face. Is it possible that non Feaherstone supporters are shouting and making the abusive comments in order that the Rovers get the backlash?  Chizzy is now getting accused without evidence. Has any of the hierarchy thought about looking down this other avenue of outside mischief in order that we get suspensions and fines. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a group that is deliberately trying to blacklist our club for their benefit.  

Jamescolin..herein lies the problem. I try to not comment on this stuff, as a Fax fan I'm just leaving myself open to the usual replies. But.. to come out with the above response is daft to say the least. Fev have had these idiots for years. I got jumped on by four or five lads at Thrum Hall for no reason other than being a Fax fan in the seventies. Trips to POR are out for me and our lass due to the constant abuse at games there. The lack of action from your club against the morons who besmirch Rovers name is awful. Now don't even get me started on the final at Warrington! I say all this as someone who's son has played at junior tournaments at POR, and the day out has been fantastic. I know, and regularly have a few jars with some Fev lads who I consider to be friends. So to have the 'it's allus us job' just doesn't ring true to me. Featherstone, as a club,  need to grasp the nettle and finally sort summat out about this. It's harming rugby league and it's harming your club. I really hope summat can be done and people can come to your ground and enjoy our game again, whoever they support. Up The Fax! 🏉  🍺

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, jamescolin said:

I have been abused and threatened at Halifax. Have you been fined? UTR.

Your abused & threatened everytime you go out the house mate

Take the flat cap off

Take the Fev shirt off

Take the Fev scarf off

Tie the whippet up

And put some gloves on

And become a member of the human race

We don't get threatened or abused

 

 

 

Except on the featherstone forum

🤔🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂😜😜😜

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, jamescolin said:

I have been abused and threatened at Halifax. Have you been fined? UTR.

Have you complained to anyone about it, other than on here? 

  • Like 1

Please view my photos.

 

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

 

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

 

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, gazza77 said:

Have you complained to anyone about it, other than on here? 

I was living away from Featherstone at the time and went to an away match at Halifax. I entered the ground and could not see the Feathefrstone supporters. The game started and I shouted for my team. I was then surrounded by Halifax supporters who abused me and told me to get lost sraight away or I would be beaten up. I asked where the Featherstone supporters were and found out they were at the other end of the ground. Yes I did report it but as a sole person complaining it was ignored. But IT HAPPENED. So that kind of action is NOT retstricted.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, jamescolin said:

I was living away from Featherstone at the time and went to an away match at Halifax. I entered the ground and could not see the Feathefrstone supporters. The game started and I shouted for my team. I was then surrounded by Halifax supporters who abused me and told me to get lost sraight away or I would be beaten up. I asked where the Featherstone supporters were and found out they were at the other end of the ground. Yes I did report it but as a sole person complaining it was ignored. But IT HAPPENED. So that kind of action is NOT retstricted.

Good that you did report it. Whilst no action may have been taken in that particular instance, further complaints may be. 

If nothing is ever said, it's a certainty no action will be taken. 

  • Like 1

Please view my photos.

 

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

 

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

 

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, spanishknight said:

And me, were all past that in York.

Going back over ten years ago I remember one youthful miscreant from york repeatedly goading one of the brethren of my age. He was pulled to one side and offered some advice which I'm happy to say, was taken.

No bother. Diplomacy in action!!🤣

That's all I've ever witnessed at York beyond on pitch shenanigans.... Jamie Rooney's jaw as an example. Nearly 20 years back that now.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 17/12/2021 at 23:28, coolie said:

Your abused & threatened everytime you go out the house mate

Take the flat cap off

Take the Fev shirt off

Take the Fev scarf off

Tie the whippet up

And put some gloves on

And become a member of the human race

We don't get threatened or abused

 

 

 

Except on the featherstone forum

🤔🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂😜😜😜

 

 

Ooh you love a bit of banter don't you.  

You come on here constantly trying to wind people up.  So when does banter become something more serious ?   

I'm still at a loss to understand what exactly happened at the Fax game.  Did someone say something out of order to someone before the game ? during the game ?. Someone ran on the pitch ?

All I can say is that I was in the stand in question and all I heard was 'banter'  The Fax fans were getting 'who ate all the pies' type abuse thrown at them but nothing more.  Nothing racist / homophobic etc.  There was nothing overly malicious and no aggression involved.  

We've all got stories about being verbally and physically attacked in the past and that was very much a different time - but if todays snowflakes can't handle a bit of banter we're all ####ed.  

For what its worth the most offensive thing I saw or heard at the Fax game was the cheerleaders getting abuse but thats fine - it wasn't us.....

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, Cardypaul said:

At one time you didn’t get out of Halifax without trouble. Was there in mid 80’s when there was the half time brawl on the pitch which caused the second half to be delayed and continued most of the second half in the stand.

Key question if we're comparing notes with Halifax, is what is it like now? I've not been to the Shay for a few years, despite being a Calderdale resident, but in the years I have been since my first visit in 2008, I've had no issues. That's not to say others haven't however. 

Please view my photos.

 

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

 

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

 

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, RobLambert said:

Ooh you love a bit of banter don't you.  

You come on here constantly trying to wind people up.  So when does banter become something more serious ?   

I'm still at a loss to understand what exactly happened at the Fax game.  Did someone say something out of order to someone before the game ? during the game ?. Someone ran on the pitch ?

All I can say is that I was in the stand in question and all I heard was 'banter'  The Fax fans were getting 'who ate all the pies' type abuse thrown at them but nothing more.  Nothing racist / homophobic etc.  There was nothing overly malicious and no aggression involved.  

We've all got stories about being verbally and physically attacked in the past and that was very much a different time - but if todays snowflakes can't handle a bit of banter we're all ####ed.  

For what its worth the most offensive thing I saw or heard at the Fax game was the cheerleaders getting abuse but thats fine - it wasn't us.....

Tongue in cheek mate, no venom behind it at all

And treat it as such... 

Never get wound up over my comments.. Purely for entertainment that's all 🤔😁😁

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, gazza77 said:

Key question if we're comparing notes with Halifax, is what is it like now? I've not been to the Shay for a few years, despite being a Calderdale resident, but in the years I have been since my first visit in 2008, I've had no issues. That's not to say others haven't however. 

Where's calderdale? 🤔

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Ovenden Grunt said:

Where's calderdale? 🤔

https://dataworks.calderdale.gov.uk/wards-datasets/

I live in the Calder ward, making the Shay my nearest ground. 

HTH. 😜

  • Like 1

Please view my photos.

 

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

 

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

 

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Fevrover said:

Coolie it's Christmas ( hope you've had a gud un) so can't see em meeting as  quick as they did to give their decision in the first place lol.

Thought featherstone would wanna push it thru quickly so friendly games count instead of league games🤔

Hope you & yours had a good one too mate😁

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, coolie said:

Thought featherstone would wanna push it thru quickly so friendly games count instead of league games🤔

Hope you & yours had a good one too mate😁

Yeah you would have thought so but haven't heard anything. Yeah we did ta just watching Leeds v Wakey on Our League, wa gunna go to Batley v Dewsbury but that was ruined  with covid as you know only too well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 26/12/2021 at 12:07, coolie said:

Thought featherstone would wanna push it thru quickly so friendly games count instead of league games🤔

Hope you & yours had a good one too mate😁

You're confusing us with Wigan: they're the only club that has control over the appeals process... 

Edited by Les Tonks Sidestep
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 26/12/2021 at 12:07, coolie said:

Thought featherstone would wanna push it thru quickly so friendly games count instead of league games🤔

I think you need to read the rule book, coolie.

Chizzy's suspended until he wins - if he wins - his appeal.   Any games in the meantime, including no more than two friendlies, will count towards his eight.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...