London Broncos Squad 2022

3 hours ago, OriginalMrC said:

Or maybe he wasn't given a proper chance? 

To be fair,he was the starting half-back over the first few rounds .Got moved to the bench hooking role for the next couple games,then moved on to reserve team for a game or two.

Picked up his ball and went home.

Fair play to both parties.

41 minutes ago, Tides Of History said:

Not sure what is going on here. Rumours that they are locked out of the account....

Nothing on FB either. Seems weird that Broncos pay execs but don't have a dedicated social media person, especially when trying to build their brand. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, OriginalMrC said:

Nothing on FB either. Seems weird that Broncos pay execs but don't have a dedicated social media person, especially when trying to build their brand. 

I offered to help do some media stuff for free - but the club never got back to me.

Perhaps they don't want volunteers running things - which is understandable - but they also need to up their content. There are amateur clubs that are more proactive. 

I'd be more than happy to help with socials - and know others who would to. The offer still stands if anyone from the club is reading this. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Tides Of History said:

I offered to help do some media stuff for free - but the club never got back to me.

Perhaps they don't want volunteers running things - which is understandable - but they also need to up their content. There are amateur clubs that are more proactive. 

I'd be more than happy to help with socials - and know others who would to. The offer still stands if anyone from the club is reading this. 

Engagement with fans and volunteers seems to be at an all time low. Not good when trying to build a new base.  The current management seem oblivious to the fact the future of the club will depend on an enthusiastic and engaged fan base 

• Like 2

What a missed opportunity yet again by the club !

London travel to Barrow,two teams literally on the opposite sides of the ladder .0-5 vs 5-0 .

Come from behind and get a draw,which is a pretty fair effort to do up there.They scored more tries then Barrow.

And not a peep on any social media at all,line ups,up dates,results,interviews,not a thing.

Fair play to the players though,pleasing effort as a fan to see some real progression these past few games.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

What a missed opportunity yet again by the club !

London travel to Barrow,two teams literally on the opposite sides of the ladder .0-5 vs 5-0 .

Come from behind and get a draw,which is a pretty fair effort to do up there.They scored more tries then Barrow.

And not a peep on any social media at all,line ups,up dates,results,interviews,not a thing.

Fair play to the players though,pleasing effort as a fan to see some real progression these past few games.

Not to mention the Banner on the website for the Bradford game still takes you the york game on the ticket site which was 14 days ago, and has still not been updated

• Like 1

15 hours ago, nadera78 said:

Some of us *cough* have been telling you guys for a long time now - this is a dead club.

There were worrying signs of life a couple of years ago so it's good that we've absolutely done away with all of those.

Zombie club.

• Like 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

21 hours ago, Tides Of History said:

If you want to help a local RL club get in touch with Hemel Stags!!!!!!

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Archie Gordon said:

To add to the narrative of a club winding down its activity, the Broncos are now only selling tickets for the Bradford game. Tickets were on sale for all remaining home games but no longer. #### up or conspiracy?

Shades of when they launched the new website but forgot to include any way of buying tickets *at all*.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

22 hours ago, Tides Of History said:

I read recently that a Broncos fan was in charge of social media for a game, it might have been Halifax away. It wasn’t an initiative either, by the looks of things. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jughead said:

I read recently that a Broncos fan was in charge of social media for a game, it might have been Halifax away. It wasn’t an initiative either, by the looks of things. 

That was Alex. He's a good lad, very enthusiastic - a lot of RL fans around the country will have met him at games and on social media. He did a good job that day, very positive. Unfortunately, for whatever reason, it was a one-off.

• Like 1

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."

Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

3 hours ago, gingerjon said:

There were worrying signs of life a couple of years ago so it's good that we've absolutely done away with all of those.

Zombie club.

Go to the Winchester, have a nice cold pint, and wait for all of this to blow over

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."

Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

17 minutes ago, Jughead said:

Read an interview with Chris Thorman last night that mentioned mergers between Workington and Whitehaven and what I found interesting was him being asked about a merger between the Broncos and Skolars. 

Wouldn't really be a merger though would it. It would just mean the end of Skolars. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

19 hours ago, crashmon said:

Not to mention the Banner on the website for the Bradford game still takes you the york game on the ticket site which was 14 days ago, and has still not been updated

Click on the link for the 'Platinum Lounge' and that is for Widnes game on 30th January!

• Sad 1

My wife complains I selfishly stop her fulfilling her true ambition -

she really wants to be a rich widow