London Broncos Squad 2022

4 hours ago, acersaccharum said:

London Bronco's Twitter, "Social media coverage will be very limited this afternoon therefore the best way to keep up with the game is to be at the Cherry Red Records Stadium."

Home game today and I'm having to check out the York City Knight's Twitter account to see what's happening!

Good grief?! Do any of the London players have personal and/or coprporate sponsors?! Why bother when there's clearly no online coverage, whatsoever, and this is a HOME game!

IMHO, just another indication of where the current team are going...and it doesn't look good!

I could go on about how the team were sadly never even remotely ready this season, with the coach bringing in 'outside' players, some of which are still arriving. What about any new academy players? Why were they not brought in months ago? Where are the London, or even south of England players?! The team was never going to be ready in time, and now we're trying, sadly way too late, to try to catch up!

whole game was live on BBC online and on Radio York. Far better than a twitter feed. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, acersaccharum said:

London Bronco's Twitter, "Social media coverage will be very limited this afternoon therefore the best way to keep up with the game is to be at the Cherry Red Records Stadium."

Home game today and I'm having to check out the York City Knight's Twitter account to see what's happening!

Good grief?! Do any of the London players have personal and/or coprporate sponsors?! Why bother when there's clearly no online coverage, whatsoever, and this is a HOME game!

IMHO, just another indication of where the current team are going...and it doesn't look good!

I could go on about how the team were sadly never even remotely ready this season, with the coach bringing in 'outside' players, some of which are still arriving. What about any new academy players? Why were they not brought in months ago? Where are the London, or even south of England players?! The team was never going to be ready in time, and now we're trying, sadly way too late, to try to catch up!

The game was exciting to watch - it has been a rebuild and still not convinced got the right coaches for the job but the squad is really coming together now and focus has to be to stay up and cement their structure in champ for push on in 2023!

really thought they would do it today and if 3 unforced errors had resulted in the tries and the ref had been consistent and brave ( high tackle on winger in try scoring opportunity - penalty try) it would have been a clear win

• Like 1

2 hours ago, watcherofRL said:

really thought they would do it today and if 3 unforced errors had resulted in the tries and the ref had been consistent and brave ( high tackle on winger in try scoring opportunity - penalty try) it would have been a clear win

and if my auntie had balls she'd be my uncle.

• Sad 1

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

7 hours ago, watcherofRL said:

The game was exciting to watch - it has been a rebuild and still not convinced got the right coaches for the job but the squad is really coming together now and focus has to be to stay up and cement their structure in champ for push on in 2023!

I also thought they might pinch this, but they now HAVE to get something away at Barrow and Sheffield, as I don't see them beating Bulls or Leigh, so they really cannot be going into cruch gave vs Rams on May 1st on 0-9 or even 1-8.   Yes they are getting better, but they need to start winning soon, or they might leave themselves too much to do

• Like 1

1 hour ago, crashmon said:

I also thought they might pinch this, but they now HAVE to get something away at Barrow and Sheffield, as I don't see them beating Bulls or Leigh, so they really cannot be going into cruch gave vs Rams on May 1st on 0-9 or even 1-8.   Yes they are getting better, but they need to start winning soon, or they might leave themselves too much to do

As usual, it's a struggle to work out what the plan is. The club is always surprised by the obvious - this time that their L1-majority squad isn't winning games in the Championship - and so they are now recruiting in-season. If they pick up a couple of centres and a middle - plus a returning Wellington Albert - they'll be OK I think. The most recent signings they've made are good ones. But is this new Hughes money/ambition or did they just not get around to spending the playing budget over the off-season? Either way: an odd approach.

• Like 1

I don't think DH will ever fund a full time team by himself in the future. The whole premise of the move to wimbledon was to get to 5K fans, so they would get more in gate receipts / refreshments etc to be more self sufficient. The problem with that is that for new fans to come you need

1) A winning squad challenging for the playoffs

2) A overall match day experience more than just the match

Apart from the last match (York), the London performances have been abysmal, no match day experience, so you end up with attendances going from 2.2K vs Widnes to 900 vs York.  Yes Bradford will probably be about 1.5K, but going into the Dewsbury game at 0-9 record I would expect sub 1k again.

19 minutes ago, crashmon said:

I don't think DH will ever fund a full time team by himself in the future. The whole premise of the move to wimbledon was to get to 5K fans, so they would get more in gate receipts / refreshments etc to be more self sufficient. The problem with that is that for new fans to come you need

1) A winning squad challenging for the playoffs

2) A overall match day experience more than just the match

Apart from the last match (York), the London performances have been abysmal, no match day experience, so you end up with attendances going from 2.2K vs Widnes to 900 vs York.  Yes Bradford will probably be about 1.5K, but going into the Dewsbury game at 0-9 record I would expect sub 1k again.

Don't know about abysmal performances.Granted they have not got a victory but at half time they have been done by no more then 6 points,bar Widnes game.

An experienced halves combination would have atleast 1-2 victories thus far,with that same team.

16 hours ago, crashmon said:

Agree but defo can see then beating bulls as have it in them - just need to play for 80 minutes and would do any harm to get a decent kicker as went 4 down in CC to the extras. 

14 hours ago, Archie Gordon said:

As usual, it's a struggle to work out what the plan is. The club is always surprised by the obvious - this time that their L1-majority squad isn't winning games in the Championship - and so they are now recruiting in-season. If they pick up a couple of centres and a middle - plus a returning Wellington Albert - they'll be OK I think. The most recent signings they've made are good ones. But is this new Hughes money/ambition or did they just not get around to spending the playing budget over the off-season? Either way: an odd approach.

Totally agree that settling now and with a middle or two to give cover and possibly a centre and wing it’s there! When they play with pace it unnerves the oppo but ball has to be more evenly distributed imo! If keep Amir and hook up with Leyland and walker there is the attack! 2 tries begging for the finish

On 06/03/2022 at 16:24, acersaccharum said:

...Home game today and I'm having to check out the York City Knight's Twitter account to see what's happening!...

York have uploaded the whole match to YouTube if you're interested.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, crashmon said:

Sam Davies commentating for york, another example of a good london player lost to other champ teams

Talking of lost, has anyone heard from the visionary Man of Kent, the standard bearer for the Broncos move to Plough Lane?

Come on 'chief' we'd love to hear your thoughts after these few games in paradise.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

8 hours ago, Barley Mow said:

York have uploaded the whole match to YouTube if you're interested.

Grief ! Macani has blown 2 tries .

One,with the line wide open which gives London the win.

Playing 3 hookers is madness to me ,can see York rolling the middle when targeting the smaller broncos. 

2 hours ago, Cowboy said:

Grief ! Macani has blown 2 tries .

One,with the line wide open which gives London the win.

Playing 3 hookers is madness to me ,can see York rolling the middle when targeting the smaller broncos. 

Broncos released Macani several years ago, for a reason.

Last year we had Boafa and Egodu (occasionally) on the wings. Why oh why did we not retain these players especially as the latter seems to have left league. 

• Like 1

On 09/03/2022 at 19:36, Magic XIII said:

Broncos released Macani several years ago, for a reason.

Last year we had Boafa and Egodu (occasionally) on the wings. Why oh why did we not retain these players especially as the latter seems to have left league. 

Boafo wanted full time footy

• Like 1

Has anyone found out why 37 year old Neil Thurman - ex skolars has been given contract for playing reserves for LB. Surely there are younger players brought up from the academy that play his position and need the game time? This does not shout development to me?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, watcherofRL said:

Has anyone found out why 37 year old Neil Thurman - ex skolars has been given contract for playing reserves for LB. Surely there are younger players brought up from the academy that play his position and need the game time? This does not shout development to me?

He's a mate of Coleman? That seems to be how a lot of the signings this year have been made. I'm so disappointed with how things have gone for Broncos, and I can't see where they go from here. Not only that they've treated Skolars as collatoral damage and completely gutted them. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, watcherofRL said:

It’s becoming a more common thing in football these days, actually. Manchester United, Brighton and Southampton have “over-age” players on their books to play in their under-23 squads to help with the young players development on the pitch and this could be a case of similar at Broncos with a very experienced Thorman leading the young lads around the park and setting standards. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Jughead said:

It’s becoming a more common thing in football these days, actually. Manchester United, Brighton and Southampton have “over-age” players on their books to play in their under-23 squads to help with the young players development on the pitch and this could be a case of similar at Broncos with a very experienced Thorman leading the young lads around the park and setting standards. 

But then the young lads don’t play or play less or out of position - not convinced that the very experienced thorman did too much leading last year as they ended up one away from relegation! An own goal by broncos and next thing we know there will be Jymel in the team too!!!!

58 minutes ago, OriginalMrC said:

He's a mate of Coleman? That seems to be how a lot of the signings this year have been made. I'm so disappointed with how things have gone for Broncos, and I can't see where they go from here. Not only that they've treated Skolars as collatoral damage and completely gutted them. 

It’s true, I think the squad has the potential to stay up but every week that Coleman stays at the helm and the management don’t listen, open their eyes and see what is going on it’s getting more depressing!

• Like 1

Just now, watcherofRL said:

But then the young lads don’t play or play less or out of position - not convinced that the very experienced thorman did too much leading last year as they ended up one away from relegation! An own goal by broncos and next thing we know there will be Jymel in the team too!!!!

That’s a selection issue for the coach, not something to see as a bad thing, IMO. I know Saints intended on doing the same in 2020 pre-covid as Crook, the ex-Rochdale half was due to be a player/coach for the reserves. 

Isn’t Jymel Coleman the reserve head coach at Broncos anyway?

9 hours ago, watcherofRL said:

Another signing which reallyshould not pass mustard

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jughead said:

I'd say you've hit nail on the head pal.

He could also be moving to a coaching role? Runs int family doesn't it