North America Rugby League

Eddie

Looks like a slimmed down version is back in 2022, from May to September. Six teams; Atalanta, Cleveland, New York x 2, Toronto and Washington. 

From the outside it seems more sensible than the big nationwide comp that they had planned last year, hope it works out. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

Looks like a slimmed down version is back in 2022, from May to September. Six teams; Atalanta, Cleveland, New York x 2, Toronto and Washington. 

From the outside it seems more sensible than the big nationwide comp that they had planned last year, hope it works out. 

I'm looking forward to going down to the games.  I think you are right about the size of the thing...its like the Original Six in hockey.  I'll even fly with the wife down to Washington to follow the team...I love that city!

• Like 9

8 hours ago, Eddie said:

New York x1

6th team (believed to be Florida based) is being announced in the coming weeks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, welshmagpie said:

New York x1

6th team (believed to be Florida based) is being announced in the coming weeks.

Thanks, I misunderstood their press release. Hopefully it’s Jacksonville as they have pedigree. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Eddie said:

Shame Ottawa didnt have any legs away from Perez. I liked the idea of 2 Canadian sides, 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, RP London said:

Shame Ottawa didnt have any legs away from Perez. I liked the idea of 2 Canadian sides, 

I imagine (if it’s a success) that they’ll expand. Makes sense to keep it all in the East initially at least, to minimise the (albeit still massive) distances. There is a flourishing RL scene around Vancouver for example. 

Edited by Eddie
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Eddie said:

I imagine (if it’s a success) that they’ll expand. Makes sense to keep it all in the East initially at least, to minimise the (albeit still massive) distances. There is a flourishing RL scene around Vancouver for example. 

Agree just a shame that Ottawa hadnt built that base as it would be in a good position for this league. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

Thanks, I misunderstood their press release. Hopefully it’s Jacksonville as they have pedigree. 

Pretty sure it's Tampa Mayhem.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

new rise.jpg

4 hours ago, Eddie said:

Its gotta be Jacksonville.....I'm going to heading down for sure with the wife....things are looking up!.

2 hours ago, RP London said:

Agree just a shame that Ottawa hadnt built that base as it would be in a good position for this league. 

If all goes well they will join as an expansion team...people will be watching in Ottawa to see how it goes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Damien said:

A proper, strong 6 team league would be great. As others have said the first iteration proved to be far too ambitious with seemingly no funding in place to back it.

The spirit was there though if you followed it....this is a far better plan....

• Like 2

Just now, Eddie said:

Honeymoon Island too 🏝 🍺 ☀️ 

You have no idea of how excited about this I am Eddie.....I'm looking forward to buying 2 season tickets and also traveling to some of the away games....I've got the wallet brimming with cash...I'm all in!

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Kayakman said:

You have no idea of how excited about this I am Eddie.....I'm looking forward to buying 2 season tickets and also traveling to some of the away games....I've got the wallet brimming with cash...I'm all in!

Fantastic stuff Kayakman i will check the fixtures to see if i can make a match when I come over to see the Argos (Missed the last 2 years) 

Hope those beer outlets will be up and running again:)

Cheers

Paul

• Like 2

I'm more interested in this development and the potential for add-on rapid growth, than any other ''development'' area/nation, in the NH.

A competitive USA international team, which qualifies regularly for our World Cup would be the biggest thing to happen in the game in 50 years.

Please keep the news coming in?

• Like 4

9 hours ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Fantastic stuff Kayakman i will check the fixtures to see if i can make a match when I come over to see the Argos (Missed the last 2 years) 

Hope those beer outlets will be up and running again:)

Cheers

Paul

Lets hope...lets pray....but I'm not counting my chickens until they are hatched this time.

2 hours ago, Sports Prophet said:

Why wouldn’t Jacksonville get involved in this?

Isn't there some schism between NARL and USARL? (Soooo Rugby League)

• Like 1