Stadium updates .......

We would have had a new stadium built already but for Jenkinson and 5 other councilors who vetoed it at the very last point, with a promise to build something affordable. 3 years on and they are still discussing the why's and wherefores. Nobody knows for sure whether it will be a tin hut or decent or if anything will even be built. The facilities at all levels of sport are worse now than they were 35 years ago shameful tbh

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mr Frisky said:

If I had to stand in one of those turds I know which one it would be..

there is no argument over which is the better ground for christ sake, it still doesn't hide the fact we are 40 years behind the rest of the country  when it comes to sporting facilities up here in Cumbria, Carlisle United have "the best ground in Cumbria" its ###### compared to just about every other ground in league 2, Paul Simpson has even talked about it in the press recently as carlisle don't even have their own training facility, it's totally ridiculous 

https://www.newsandstar.co.uk/sport/23296100.carlisle-united-boss-makes-appeal-training-facilities/

Edited by rockerlad
  • Like 5

22 hours ago, rockerlad said:

yes which in my opinion is ridiculous reds Ladies should be at BP, but with 20 league games, pre season games and Cup games the pitch likely can't handle the extra games. our reserves, Ladies and youthsides should all be under one roof.

The Reds Ladies & the Town Ladies were VIP guests at Derwent Park last Sunday for the Bradford match. The Reds Ladies spokesman said its great playing at DP, they are making money instead of it costing them money to play, they love it there, the facilities are great, the Town volunteers are prepared to help them as much as they can & everything is ready for them when they get there.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Nero said:

The Reds Ladies & the Town Ladies were VIP guests at Derwent Park last Sunday for the Bradford match. The Reds Ladies spokesman said its great playing at DP, they are making money instead of it costing them money to play, they love it there, the facilities are great, the Town volunteers are prepared to help them as much as they can & everything is ready for them when they get there.

I dont doubt that one little bit, the volunteers at clubs do a great jobs, but my point still stands all workington afc teams should be under one roof.

1 hour ago, rockerlad said:

I dont doubt that one little bit, the volunteers at clubs do a great jobs, but my point still stands all workington afc teams should be under one roof.

But that's nearly impossible, you could be looking at having over 20 teams from children to open age, male and female. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, JMB said:

But that's nearly impossible, you could be looking at having over 20 teams from children to open age, male and female. 

Isnt that part of the point, to get useage of the ground and pitches for more than one sunday every other week for only 15 weeks or so in total. Their will also be more than one pitch with the all weather one outside, which makes 20 teams using them more than capable. 

32 minutes ago, dkw said:

Isnt that part of the point, to get useage of the ground and pitches for more than one sunday every other week for only 15 weeks or so in total. Their will also be more than one pitch with the all weather one outside, which makes 20 teams using them more than capable. 

Took the words right out of my mouth. 

On 07/02/2023 at 16:52, Jacksonville said:

The sports village website.

Yep just read it again it does say that the cartoon image is indicative only and not final plan  - BUT on FAQ - it states " Until other stages are financed and completed it would make sense to retain some of the functionality of the site e.g., terracing"  So they cant spin it.

BP is wide enough but too short - if they keep terracing and spin it - it will still be too short - but very - very wide

Phase 1

Removing the 3/4 rusty red roof on Perry's Palace end. Leaving both ends uncovered . New low level stand.

Phase 2   

Greenhouse

Phase 3 

Putting rusty red roof back on both ends - hope they give a few coats of Hammerite

Update Greenhouse/Curved roof area. ???????

• Haha 1

Really think that the new stadium is the last chance for a stable future for town,how many times do the club have to lurch into a  financial crisis before some people wake up to the fact that the current facility will never make enough money to ensure stability at the level we should be competing at. Get the corporate side right along with decent bars and you will gain a consistent income. 

• Like 3

On 21/02/2022 at 19:55, Derwent Parker said:

We haven't seen the plans? - cop out answer - basically shut up cos you don't agree with me.

Cos we haven't. seen the plans yet - does not mean we cant have any opinion??

As I said no ambition - If you don't think we should be trying to get promoted then we should all just wind it up

Unless you are a reds supporter using a town name just to shut us up

We are talking about .planning a stadium - as i said it is cheaper and better to do it properly at the start.

If you want a 30 x 20m bungalow built it is cheaper to build a 30 x 20m building at the start than build a 20 x 10 and ask them 3 year later to come and make it 30 x 20m.

So the big question has to be asked, is this stadium just for both clubs main teams playing games, or will facility's also be incorporated for the reds youth teams and Towns proposed youth teams. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JMB said:

So the big question has to be asked, is this stadium just for both clubs main teams playing games, or will facility's also be incorporated for the reds youth teams and Towns proposed youth teams. 

Part of the funding application was based on it being a community stadium used by local amateur, youth teams etc. It's definitely not just for Town and Reds.