Attendances (Multiple Merged Threads)

Interesting stats. Extenuating circumstances for a couple of clubs - most of the Warriors home games were at Redcliffe rather than in NZ, and Cronulla have had 12K capacity due to construction at Shark Park all season, which meant their home games there were pretty much all sell-outs.

2 minutes ago, SydneyRoosters said:

But super leagues clubs have a lot smaller stadiums ?, Obviously the NRL clubs will have higher average attendance.

What has stadium size got to do with it,Superleague clubs are getting nowhere near those smaller stadium capacities.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, JonM said:

Interesting stats. Extenuating circumstances for a couple of clubs - most of the Warriors home games were at Redcliffe rather than in NZ, and Cronulla have had 12K capacity due to construction at Shark Park all season, which meant their home games there were pretty much all sell-outs.

Here are 2022 stats not including Magic weekend which bump a few averages up.

FeytMFxWYAIPHdX?format=jpg&name=large

england_identity2.jpg1921_button.jpg

2 minutes ago, SydneyRoosters said:

Yeah true, it’s just not a perfect of comparing them when Wakefield have 9K seater stadium and The Rabbitohs have 83K

You want to try attending one of those games with sub 20k crowds at ANZ,it’s awful,that’s why South’s have tried to muscle in on the new smaller stadium at Moore Park.

18 minutes ago, SydneyRoosters said:

But super leagues clubs have a lot smaller stadiums ?, Obviously the NRL clubs will have higher average attendance.

That statement might hold some water if the SL clubs were selling out their smaller stadiums. As it happens, if you take the ridiculously sized ANZ stadium out of the equation, NRL clubs fill their stadium at 72% capacity and SL is 58%. How ever you dice this up, SL is performing poorly. 

Edited by hunsletgreenandgold
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

That statement might hold some water if the SL clubs were selling out their smaller stadiums. As it happens, if you take the ridiculously sized Allianz stadium out of the equation, NRL clubs fill their stadium at 72% capacity and SL is 58%. How ever you dice this up, SL is performing poorly. 

Yeah true, your right. I don’t know why I said that it’s sounds stupid in my head now.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SydneyRoosters said:

Yeah true, your right. I don’t know why I said that it’s sounds stupid in my head now.

I think you're right to point out bigger stadium have the potential for bigger crowds though. Wakey v Cas for example - if one or both had a 15k stadium i'm sure there a times they could get that, so in that sense the stadium capacity does provide limitations. Reality is sadly, I can't remember the last time a SL team with a capacity over 15k had a true 'sell out'. Wigan/Saints, Leeds/Wigan, Wire/Saints at either stadium used to draw huge crowds but they were in decline before the pandemic and only gotten worse since. Really hoping the WC gives not only the international game, but SL the shot in the arm it needs! 

Edited by hunsletgreenandgold
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

I think you're right to point out bigger stadium have the potential for bigger crowds though. Wakey v Cas for example - if one or both had a 15k stadium i'm sure there a times they could get that, so in that sense the stadium capacity does provide limitations. Reality is sadly, I can't remember the last time SL team with a capacity over 15k had true 'sell out'. Wigan/Saints, Leeds/Wigan, Wire/Saints at either stadium used to draw huge crowds but they were in decline before the pandemic and only gotten worse since. Really hoping the WC gives not only the international game, but SL the shot in the arm it needs! 

Didn’t Wigan and saints at St Helens sell out this year.

• Like 1

5000 odd at Halliwell Jones for NZ v Lebanon, but what a game. Lebanon have been the best of the losers so far, by a mile. 32 - 12 is no disgrace especially when they played with 12 men for about 20 minutes. Don't know what their stand off was sent off for? Sitting in the ground we had no explanation. I hope the tv coverage, will encourage more ''new'' viewers to come out to the live games as the tournament progresses. 

• Like 1

Just now, fighting irish said:

5000 odd at Halliwell Jones for NZ v Lebanon, but what a game. Lebanon have been the best of the losers so far, by a mile. 32 - 12 is no disgrace especially when they played with 12 men for about 20 minutes. Don't know what their stand off was sent off for? Sitting in the ground we had no explanation. I hope the tv coverage, will encourage more ''new'' viewers to come out to the live games as the tournament progresses. 

Those of us at the ground had even fewer ideas about the red card - in fact we had no idea it had happened until it was announced over the PA!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Those of us at the ground had even fewer ideas about the red card - in fact we had no idea it had happened until it was announced over the PA!

It was bizzare. When it happened we originally thought he was just shooing a trainer off the field

1 minute ago, Spidey said:

It was bizzare. When it happened we originally thought he was just shooing a trainer off the field

Me too. 

1 hour ago, fighting irish said:

The TV coverage was just about as confusing, nobody knew what had happened basically. It was for being gobby btw.

• Like 1