Mon 14th Feb: Ch: Leigh Centurions v Bradford Bulls KO 19:45 (Premier Sports)

Who will win?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leigh Centurions
    • Bradford Bulls

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 14/02/22 at 20:15

47 minutes ago, David Shepherd said:

He was watching from a flat bed at the front of what looked like an Emirates aircraft.

Of all the people to tweet a picture of themselves travelling in fancy class on a plane watching a match on their phone, just to show off, you’d never have guessed it to be Degsy would you?  

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, leytherz said:

this threads really funny like leon pryce's commentry.he said patton controlled the game.bradford had a couple of line breaks all game.foggin johnston n gill were good all game apart from that nothing.fev n leigh will fight this out this season.barrow widnes will all drop away as the pitches become firmer.thought norman was head n shoulders above everyone tonight.hope all you leyther haters have a good time bringing up old stories this season.like last year there are 2 teams who are super league worthy i wish it was more but until we have 20 full time teams this will carry on

Leigh and Featherstone will be the top two. At the moment, the only question is which order.

9 minutes ago, Simon Hall said:

Of all the people to tweet a picture of themselves travelling in fancy class on a plane watching a match on their phone, just to show off, you’d never have guessed it to be Degsy would you?  

Shy unassuming Dereck ? , No never 😂

14 minutes ago, Simon Hall said:

Also hilariously having a pop at Sky for not letting their subscribers to watch the game from anywhere.

Sky Go has been available since 2011.

11 hours ago, Cw25 said:

No point calling the Leigh crowd tonight. Played any other time it would have been way higher. Fact.

York and Fev both got big crowds in for a Monday night game. If your club and fans actually put any effort in rather than just moaning about it then they might have done too.

1 hour ago, Gav Wilson said:

York and Fev both got big crowds in for a Monday night game. If your club and fans actually put any effort in rather than just moaning about it then they might have done too.

Surprisingly last nights poor crowd generated more income than York v Fev opener, but substantially less than if the game was played on a Sunday and in my business cash in bank was the key. Leigh’s job is to do what’s best for Leigh, Monday nights will screw us but no point discounting and cheapening the sport. Monday nights on Valentines made it worse. My guess was 2500 so pretty happy with the gate especially when you consider  the free and cheap ticket venture by York drew 1500 to the next home all yorky derby with Dewsbury.

1 hour ago, Gav Wilson said:

Fair point. I think the crowd being that low at Leigh was understandable. A one off. Their support is usually amazing. Away too. I am a Oldham fan btw. Was just offering my opinion.

4 hours ago, Simon Hall said:

What is the old saying "If you've got it flaunt it"

But it only applies if you have enough devil in you to want to rub those people's noses in it who keep having a dig🤪.

1 hour ago, sweaty craiq said:

Surprisingly last nights poor crowd generated more income than York v Fev opener, but substantially less than if the game was played on a Sunday and in my business cash in bank was the key. Leigh’s job is to do what’s best for Leigh, Monday nights will screw us but no point discounting and cheapening the sport. Monday nights on Valentines made it worse. My guess was 2500 so pretty happy with the gate especially when you consider  the free and cheap ticket venture by York drew 1500 to the next home all yorky derby with Dewsbury.

If you run your club on gate receipts alone then that might be a fair comment. You'll soon find yourself in trouble though.

9 minutes ago, Gav Wilson said:

If you run your club on gate receipts alone then that might be a fair comment. You'll soon find yourself in trouble though.

Eh Gav. You are a York fan. You will see at the weekend how good the Leigh fans are. They will pack it. Benefits your club too. 

Just now, Cw25 said:

Eh Gav. You are a York fan. You will see at the weekend how good the Leigh fans are. They will pack it. Benefits your club too. 

I know they will and they do! I just find all the bleating from them about Monday night games a bit disingenuous, especially when two other clubs have posted big attendances for that slot. It just comes across as lazy and looking for excuses.

23 minutes ago, Gav Wilson said:

I know they will and they do! I just find all the bleating from them about Monday night games a bit disingenuous, especially when two other clubs have posted big attendances for that slot. It just comes across as lazy and looking for excuses.

The ones ' bleating ' would have been at the LSV , the floating fans weren't , not forgetting we don't run the LSV , and unlike York it isn't its proper first season , will the stadium management still be letting York offer free/cheap tickets in ten years time ? 

We told you Monday wouldn't go down well at Leigh , we were right 

1 minute ago, GUBRATS said:

The ones ' bleating ' would have been at the LSV , the floating fans weren't , not forgetting we don't run the LSV , and unlike York it isn't its proper first season , will the stadium management still be letting York offer free/cheap tickets in ten years time ? 

We told you Monday wouldn't go down well at Leigh , we were right 

Stadium management have absolutely no control over our ticket prices and never will. What an odd comment.

It's weird that you're criticising a club for offering its fans the chance to watch one game a little cheaper than usual, considering the soaring cost of living everywhere else.

As has been explained to you more than once before, under 16s have been free since 2017, and will continue to be so until we regularly sell out the new stadium. That is an intentional strategic business decision.

You did tell us aye, you just sat and moaned about it and used it as a lazy excuse, rather than got proactive about it like York and Fev did.

1 minute ago, Gav Wilson said:

We've got a number of them mate, and we'll soon have a lot more once the new commercial department implemented by our new owner is properly up and running. 👌

So very little then? To help you remember - match day secondary sales, if not owned most if not all go to SMC but if owned you will be lucky to retain 15% after costs and waste. Sponsorship - great potential earner but generally will pay most for Friday nights then weekends then others. What’s the main match day sponsor pay at York? Dining - low margin on bought meals plus ticket give a return. Shirt sponsors and especially rground sponsors will be interesting. Highest % variable retained revenue will always be ticket sales as fixed costs are just that

2 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

So very little then? To help you remember - match day secondary sales, if not owned most if not all go to SMC but if owned you will be lucky to retain 15% after costs and waste. Sponsorship - great potential earner but generally will pay most for Friday nights then weekends then others. What’s the main match day sponsor pay at York? Dining - low margin on bought meals plus ticket give a return. Shirt sponsors and especially rground sponsors will be interesting. Highest % variable retained revenue will always be ticket sales as fixed costs are just that

£1600 +VAT

Gate receipts are obviously important, but are only a small part of any aspiring club's turnover, as I'm sure your great esteemed leader will agree. 

York's sponsorship portfolio is very healthy, and will only continue to grow, as I'm sure Leigh's will too.

York's (and Fev's) approach to a Monday night game was far better than Leigh's. That's the bottom line.

16 minutes ago, Gav Wilson said:

Stadium management have absolutely no control over our ticket prices and never will. What an odd comment.

It's weird that you're criticising a club for offering its fans the chance to watch one game a little cheaper than usual, considering the soaring cost of living everywhere else.

As has been explained to you more than once before, under 16s have been free since 2017, and will continue to be so until we regularly sell out the new stadium. That is an intentional strategic business decision.

You did tell us aye, you just sat and moaned about it and used it as a lazy excuse, rather than got proactive about it like York and Fev did.

At Leigh we don't have the option of ticket pricing , that is done in conjunction with the LSV management , I don't disagree about wether clubs should do more for any game , they should. , Should they do more for a Monday TV match than any other ? , No 

In fact I've just this minute been party to a discussion from another club that we will be visiting on a monday night , and how they are looking to increase the attendance that night , but it is each clubs perogative , it isn't compulsory 

1 hour ago, sweaty craiq said:

A knowledge of reality more like, Leigh is a commuting town and the 14th for many was arranged long before the fixture 

And yet you could pull 6-7K on a Thursday night last season. Or do people not commute into Leigh on Thursday?

Granted the opposition was better last season 😉

Still, the point is valid. If you end up in Super League next season you'll be playing a good chunk of your games on Thursday nights, Friday night, Saturday lunchtimes. So why is ONLY Sunday afternoon's viable when you are in the Championship?

York will benefit Sunday. Leigh fans in attendance ?  Probably 800-1000

If a Monday ?  Maybe 80 ! Lol 😂 

20 grand is a lot to lose in one game !

York is a lovely place. Almost moved to Stillington once. Gutted I can’t make Sunday but good luck to both teams. 

Archived