Mon 14th Feb: Ch: Leigh Centurions v Bradford Bulls KO 19:45 (Premier Sports)

Who will win?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leigh Centurions
    • Bradford Bulls

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 14/02/22 at 20:15

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Consistency is key for us. We have players like Crosslet, Walker and DFJ who will put it in week in week out no matter what the opposition. I think we'll do ok based on the fact we got stuffed last week. I know that the aforementioned will put it in but they need back up from the rest of the team. 

To answer the question, bulls by 40.

Like poor jokes? Thejoketeller@mullymessiah

It's a job to know how good the Bulls are.

Game 1: Dewsbury were poor. Game 2: The weather was shocking and the pitch was a bog. Sheffield adapted to the conditions better than the Bulls.

I don't think the Bulls will beat Leigh, but it could be close if:

- Elliot Kear is fit; he's a thinking player and his playing frees up Matt Dawson Jones to play as a strike winger

- Dec Patton's skillset can incorporate a greater emphasis on game management. To date, his first instinct has seemed  to look for himself rather than being subservient to the team. That mindset was fine against Dewsbury; not so clever against Sheffield. He's come from a higher standard and higher intensity. He needs to adjust to playing with part-time players who don't get to practice skills and moves every day.

The team performance will greatly improve when Jordan Lilley returns from injury. We'll make the playoffs but we are nowhere near Superleague standard.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

My guess is that we'll bounce back from the shambles on Sunday and fight like titans. Most likely we'll end up as gallant losers with a much improved performance

Let's say 26-22 to Leigh

Then, bolstered by our own delusions we will then be smashed by 30 points the following week at home to Barrow.

It's the Bradford way.

Leigh have a few out and would not surprise me if this is extremely close. 

Hopefully Hitchcox in to replace Dixon, desperately need a decent centre to replace Brand and someone from Leigh East or Leigh Miners to replace Reynolds based on last week !

10 hours ago, clogdance said:

Another 3 players missing for Leigh after the Fev game. Wonder how many players we'll be borrowing ? Leigh win by 12.

It has not taken long for the completely inadequate number of players we have in our squad to bite us in the arriss.

I don't know about other fan's but I certainly do not want to see 5 registered Saints player's turning out in the Leigh uniform.

16 hours ago, Snowys Backside said:

Leigh have a few out and would not surprise me if this is extremely close. 

Hopefully Hitchcox in to replace Dixon, desperately need a decent centre to replace Brand and someone from Leigh East or Leigh Miners to replace Reynolds based on last week !

Yes and get Brand at Full Back, his performances towards the back end of last season at full back - and against SL opposition - were far better than what Aekins is producing in the Championship, as we say in Leyth "he's a bad un'.

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

It has not taken long for the completely inadequate number of players we have in our squad to bite us in the arriss.

I don't know about other fan's but I certainly do not want to see 5 registered Saints player's turning out in the Leigh uniform.

It really is. getting ridiculous when a club with genuine Superleague aspirations might need to rely on a Superleague club to bail them out 2 games into the season.

I’m not sure Saints will be giving many to Leigh this weekend. James Bell, perhaps. He wasn’t in their 21 man squad last night and it wasn’t reported he had a knock or anything. Josh Simm or Ben Davies may get a game at Leigh but Hopoate went off late with a knock to his ribs so Saints may be cautious releasing one of those to play for Leigh this weekend. Jake Wingfield, Dan Norman and Matt Foster could be possibles, I suppose. 

10 hours ago, Jughead said:

I’m not sure Saints will be giving many to Leigh this weekend. James Bell, perhaps. He wasn’t in their 21 man squad last night and it wasn’t reported he had a knock or anything. Josh Simm or Ben Davies may get a game at Leigh but Hopoate went off late with a knock to his ribs so Saints may be cautious releasing one of those to play for Leigh this weekend. Jake Wingfield, Dan Norman and Matt Foster could be possibles, I suppose. 

Sure I read that overseas players can't be DR , that would rule out Bell 

Archived