Sun 6th Mar: SL: Castleford Tigers v Hull FC KO 15:30

Who will win?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Castleford Tigers
    • Hull FC

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/03/22 at 16:00

Just now, MZH said:

I've given up expecting anything from this team, it's just one disappointment after another. Cas have been useless so far this season and yet we've never really been in this game.

I'm puzzled by signings like Kane Evans. You do not build a successful club around blokes like him.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Scubby said:

I'm puzzled by signings like Kane Evans. You do not build a successful club around blokes like him.

I'll reserve judgement on Evans until I've actually seen him play. But at least half of that team aren't good enough, we have important players missing of course but even at full strength we are woefully inconsistent.

1 minute ago, MZH said:

I'll reserve judgement on Evans until I've actually seen him play. But at least half of that team aren't good enough, we have important players missing of course but even at full strength we are woefully inconsistent.

Huddersfield are doing everything Hull should have done over the last 12-18 months - including the coaching appointment. Hull are such a frustrating club. 

1 minute ago, snapski said:

Finally. Goes to show what keeping 13 players on the field can do. Deserved. 

Great win for Cas, they are better than what they have showed so far. Big game next week at Giants who are flying.

7 minutes ago, Scubby said:

Great win for Cas, they are better than what they have showed so far. Big game next week at Giants who are flying.

Yeah, helps us having a finisher on the wing. Eden isn’t everyone’s cup of tea, but he scores tries. Always starts if fit for me. 

1 minute ago, snapski said:

Yeah, helps us having a finisher on the wing. Eden isn’t everyone’s cup of tea, but he scores tries. Always starts if fit for me. 

Two 10k crowds is pretty amazing for Cas. Is the club trying something different this season to get buy in from the fans? I know Hull brought a lot today but this is normally an 8-8.5k fixture. 

2 minutes ago, Scubby said:

Two 10k crowds is pretty amazing for Cas. Is the club trying something different this season to get buy in from the fans? I know Hull brought a lot today but this is normally an 8-8.5k fixture. 

Sounds daft, but a lot of fans were ready for a change. Although Powell was well liked, i think we had gone stale. Not started great this season, but always going to take time. And yes marketing has been great. 

Must have been nearly 4k Hull supporters there today. The end and the shed was jam-packed full of them. I know we'd sold 2.5k before today, and a lot I know were coming up on the day.

Shame about the result. Hull could not contain the Castleford offload at all, which gave them way too many opportunities and easy yards. Defence and attack from both was pretty poor at times. This was a very poor quality game and I can't see either side getting into the playoffs.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

51 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Must have been nearly 4k Hull supporters there today. The end and the shed was jam-packed full of them. I know we'd sold 2.5k before today, and a lot I know were coming up on the day.

Shame about the result. Hull could not contain the Castleford offload at all, which gave them way too many opportunities and easy yards. Defence and attack from both was pretty poor at times. This was a very poor quality game and I can't see either side getting into the playoffs.

Can't argue much with this, Cas kicked off, Ligi Sao fumbled it straight back and they scored. Probably the fastest ever SL try I imagine.

We didn't really improve much after that.

It was like the Hull FC of 3/4 years back, every time Cas offloaded and shifted it wide, we were in trouble.

We turned up today with the plaudits of stuffing Salford in our ears and thought the game was ours before the kick off. Ironically, the events immediately following the kick off should have given us a kick up the ar se but sadly we continued to play as though the win was inevitable.

It wasn't and we lost.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

16 minutes ago, Jughead said:

If Hull fans are still crying about why Jake Connor isn’t in the England team, watch his defending for one of Eden’s tries. That’s why he’s not in the England team. 

I would rather Wane was working with Connor inside the squad (trying to consistently bring out that amazing talent) than have him sulking outside the squad. Great man managers get the best out of people like Connor. His ability to switch on and off is fixable. He talent is natural.

Such a gifted and frustrating player!

4 hours ago, Fevrover said:

Salford beat cas surely Hull will ?

I think Hull turned up with exactly that attitude but unfortunately it doesn't work that way. You have to work for it whoever you're playing.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

1 hour ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

On the face of it quite an entertaining game but I agree about the lack of quality. Almost every try came from a howler by the opposition or really soft defence.

I do think it's way too early to say either side won't make the play-offs though. Both sides were missing several of their better players. As ever much will depend on the injury situation.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

2 hours ago, Scubby said:

I would rather Wane was working with Connor inside the squad (trying to consistently bring out that amazing talent) than have him sulking outside the squad. Great man managers get the best out of people like Connor. His ability to switch on and off is fixable. He talent is natural.

Such a gifted and frustrating player!

He’s been coached by Radford, Hodgson, Wayne Bennett, Paul Anderson and Tim Sheens. At 27 years old, if he’s not consistent, which he clearly isn’t (and nowhere near an “amazing talent”, he has no doing being close to a tier one national side unless facing them as an opponent (that’s if he has an Irish/Scottish/Welsh grandmother). 

Young players like Dodd, Pryce, Oledzki, Newman should be being worked on, not 27 year-olds who have one good game in five. 

16 minutes ago, Jughead said:

He’s been coached by Radford, Hodgson, Wayne Bennett, Paul Anderson and Tim Sheens. At 27 years old, if he’s not consistent, which he clearly isn’t (and nowhere near an “amazing talent”, he has no doing being close to a tier one national side unless facing them as an opponent (that’s if he has an Irish/Scottish/Welsh grandmother). 

Young players like Dodd, Pryce, Oledzki, Newman should be being worked on, not 27 year-olds who have one good game in five. 

Cody Walker was bumming around until he was about 26 and finally got into a system and is now one of the best stand offs in the NRL. He was very similar to Connor in terms of wasted unfulfilled talent until he found consistency. It can happen. 

Cody Walker was bumming around until he was about 26 and finally got into a system and is now one of the best stand offs in the NRL. He was very similar to Connor in terms of wasted unfulfilled talent until he found consistency. It can happen. 

They’re not exactly comparable, are they? Connor’s 200 games into his career at elite level. If he’s not close to international level now, when will he be and why should genuine international level players be held back in the hope Connor might put in a performance more often than one in five games? 

11 minutes ago, Jughead said:

They’re not exactly comparable, are they? Connor’s 200 games into his career at elite level. If he’s not close to international level now, when will he be and why should genuine international level players be held back in the hope Connor might put in a performance more often than one in five games? 

We can agree to disagree I suppose. I would have less of an issue with Connor being outside the squad if dross like Lyne and Sarginson weren't included. Connor is not a centre but would be a better centre than either of these guys.

We can agree to disagree I suppose. I would have less of an issue with Connor being outside the squad if dross like Lyne and Sarginson weren't included. Connor is not a centre but would be a better centre than either of these guys.

Years of players playing out of position did England/GB no good. There’s no guarantee that either will play in the World Cup (they won’t, Gildart and Farnworth are ahead of both plus Percival and Newman of those based in the UK). Connor being so far behind is probably fair, as some of his defending showed today. 

28 minutes ago, Jughead said:

Years of players playing out of position did England/GB no good. There’s no guarantee that either will play in the World Cup (they won’t, Gildart and Farnworth are ahead of both plus Percival and Newman of those based in the UK). Connor being so far behind is probably fair, as some of his defending showed today. 

"Some of the defending" versus all of his attacking abilities and the rest of his defensive abilities.

Playing players out of position never hurt Australia. Pretty sure there had 5 full backs in one team once.

Connor is head and shoulders above many of the backs in that England squad. 

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

Archived