Jump to content

Sheffield


DavidM
 Share

Recommended Posts

Bigger , stronger , faster , better all over the place . I look at a guy like Dickinson and keep thinking of Chris saying we don’t need big guys 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites


Yes we have a budget to stick to but if we can't compete with bottom half teams at home then we are doomed.  No substitute for size  in RL and today shows that.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sorry but 30 points against at HT shows signs of being outclassed and we have better teams than Sheffield to still play 

  • Like 1

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Missed the match due to covid, thought I couldn't feel any worse till I heard the commentary. Start away matches soon, seems to me the only way is down unfortunately. I think this league is just too big a step up   for some of the squad. Not pulling any player to bits but an honest observation having seen our opponents so far.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Surely at training someone talks to the players about the nonsensical penalties we give away week after week. 

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Shocking performance..  I don't mind getting beaten against a good side but getting battered at home is unacceptable 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I may get shot down with this comment but I think it's time some off the blame is aimed at Chris himself and not the players as surely these performances aren't good enough and Chris has said on a dry day this team will be at there best and today may have proved this to be incorrect and our forwards just aren't big enough for this league 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, town2018 said:

I may get shot down with this comment but I think it's time some off the blame is aimed at Chris himself and not the players as surely these performances aren't good enough and Chris has said on a dry day this team will be at there best and today may have proved this to be incorrect and our forwards just aren't big enough for this league 

With an healthy budget we would go well under Chris IMO but it is what it is. We are clearly out of our depth. But the Club can only spend what it has. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Keith T said:

Surely at training someone talks to the players about the nonsensical penalties we give away week after week. 

Our discipline is atrocious, stupid penalties at stupid times.

Saying that, some of the ones that ref gave were odd to say the least.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, town4me said:

With an healthy budget we would go well under Chris IMO but it is what it is. We are clearly out of our depth. But the Club can only spend what it has. 

That’s true but it was his decision to spend what we have on the squad mix we have. His philosophy of mobility over muscle is proving to be ineffective. You can’t win RL games if you are so massively outmuscled. Not sure where we go from here unless we can bring in some loanees from SL clubs.

  • Like 2

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DavidM said:

Bigger , stronger , faster , better all over the place . I look at a guy like Dickinson and keep thinking of Chris saying we don’t need big guys 

If ever there was a need for evidence of thebenefits if big middles, that was it 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Derwent said:

That’s true but it was his decision to spend what we have on the squad mix we have. His philosophy of mobility over muscle is proving to be ineffective. You can’t win RL games if you are so massively outmuscled. Not sure where we go from here unless we can bring in some loanees from SL clubs.

I agree and I said earlier theres no substitute for size in RL but I think he's done the best he can with his budget. Big quality players cost big money.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, town2018 said:

I may get shot down with this comment but I think it's time some off the blame is aimed at Chris himself and not the players as surely these performances aren't good enough and Chris has said on a dry day this team will be at there best and today may have proved this to be incorrect and our forwards just aren't big enough for this league 

Hard to disagree mate, so obvious today, 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Average league one squad has been assembled to play in the championship and most of the squad (through no fault of their own) just aren’t good enough to play at this level.

Chris brought the players in so the buck stops with him. 
 

I just hope there’s the possibility of fetching in 4 or 5 loan players otherwise it’s going to be a long long season 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

How many offloads led to tries and chances for them ?  Ive said it before you can count the number of our offloads on the fingers of one finger . It just makes it easier to defend against you 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, town2018 said:

I may get shot down with this comment but I think it's time some off the blame is aimed at Chris himself and not the players as surely these performances aren't good enough and Chris has said on a dry day this team will be at there best and today may have proved this to be incorrect and our forwards just aren't big enough for this league 

Bang....Chris is doing wonders with what he's  got, most Town fans know that. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Death to the Rah Rah's said:

Average league one squad has been assembled to play in the championship and most of the squad (through no fault of their own) just aren’t good enough to play at this level.

Chris brought the players in so the buck stops with him. 
 

I just hope there’s the possibility of fetching in 4 or 5 loan players otherwise it’s going to be a long long season 

Do you not think Chris would fetch in better quality players if they were available and affordable. 🙄

  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Unicorn 106 said:

Do you not think Chris would fetch in better quality players if they were available and affordable. 🙄

No names  but it may help if player(s) didnt go out round town on night before game!

One allegedly looking for a taxi at 8am this morning, shocking if true

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Truly shocking performance, I hope the crack I heard on the terraces isn’t true but it would certainly explain the performance. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...