Have we got to much exposure?

4 minutes ago, Dave T said:

I've gone another month, in effect two months half price. I don't get to watch them tbh, and £15 for 1 game a month is too steep. 

Fair play. I'd imagine you were missing your Leigh fix? We don't really get to hear about them too much on here since they dropped out of SL. 

13 minutes ago, The Rocket said:

The facts of the matter are, if it`s on TV it`s on there for a reason, somebody must think it must be worth putting on and when you`ve got a bloke like Adam Hills tweeting to his 600K followers regularly about Rugby League why wouldn`t people be tuning in.

Yeah, if anything he tweets TOO often......

😁

10 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Some vocal posters here have been uber-critical of RL being slow to embrace modern broadcasting. I personally think we have massively improved the situation over the last year or two.

We have:

BBC Main Channels

BBC IPlayer and Red Button

Channel 4

Sky Sports (plus Sky Showcase for the first time)

The Sportsman

OurLeague

Premier Sports

I've probably forgotten some too.

You also have club “TV channels” like Saints, Wigan and Featherstone definitely have (I’m sure others do too but they’re three I’ve watched free bits on before). 

21 minutes ago, Jughead said:

You also have club “TV channels” like Saints, Wigan and Featherstone definitely have (I’m sure others do too but they’re three I’ve watched free bits on before). 

Wire have just launched their version too, assume most others do. 

52 minutes ago, Jughead said:

Featherstone TV? Is that still in Black and White?

There's been a sea-change in mentality, as others have said in this thread.

It used to be that I would watch every single televised match because they were so few and far between.

Now we have the luxury of not just quantity and variety, but (in most cases) the option to time-shift viewing via catch-up services.

Let's face it; we've been spoilt and gone soft. Another glass of Château le Chasselet, Obadiah? Don't mind if I do. :kolobok_biggrin:

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

33 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Only RL fans could find fault with being able to watch numerous games of RL every week.

I always wondered if Goldilocks must have been an RL fan, but then realised there's no way as she wouldnt have found the "Just right" porridge.....or maybe it was "just too right"....

6 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

When is too much more than enough?

Just looking at the TV schedules from this morning to Monday night, Sky are broadcasting 7 games, BBC RB and iplayer 2 games, Premier 1, YOU TUBE 1, = 11 and if you have access to the NRL another 6 mens and women, add in Channel 4 when they schedule and that is wall to wall saturation. 

So I should imagine like me folk are going to be selective on what the watch these days, unlike when we had a small handful and eagerly looked forward to the next transmission.

Personally I also go to the local community games at the weekend and that adds in another 1 at least.

The OP is a daft suggestion.

7 hours ago, Futtocks said:

I meant it in a joking way, but with the expectation that someone certainly would post negatively about the number of games.

Just had a count-up and, if you add in the French games on YouTube and Facebook, I think that makes 23 live games broadcast or streamed from Thursday morning to Monday night.

Penrith v Manly
Leeds v Hull FC
Canberra v Cronulla
Brisbane v South Sydney
St Helens v Warrington
Sydney Roosters v Newcastle (Women)
Sydney Roosters v Newcastle
NZ Warriors v St George Illawarra
Wests Tigers v Melbourne
North Wales v Sheffield
Barrow v St Helens (Women)
Huddersfield v Castleford
Catalan v Wigan
Albi v St Esteve Catalan
Brisbane v St George Illawarra (Women)
Parramatta v Gold Coast (Women)
Parramatta v Gold Coast
North Queensland v Canterbury
Barrow v Workington
Lezignan v Villeneuve 
Toulouse Elite 1 v Carcassonne
Batley v Featherstone
Bradford v Leigh

If you include streaming, the NSW and QLD RL usually also stream a high level match on two each weekend.

5 hours ago, Futtocks said:

There's been a sea-change in mentality, as others have said in this thread.

It used to be that I would watch every single televised match because they were so few and far between.

Now we have the luxury of not just quantity and variety, but (in most cases) the option to time-shift viewing via catch-up services.

Let's face it; we've been spoilt and gone soft. Another glass of Château le Chasselet, Obadiah? Don't mind if I do. :kolobok_biggrin:

For goodness sake, Futtocks, you're a rugby league man - at least make it Blanquette de Limoux!

4 hours ago, Scubby said:

They may be flat cappers but Featherstone's whole media department is very impressive tbh and has been for a number of years

Fair call @Scubby ... I stand corrected.

In fact, might even be a bit remiss in calling them "flat cappers".... I saw Brian Mac on Premier a couple of weeks ago, sporting a smart New Era branded Fev baseball cap. If they have managed to get some New Era merchandise produced, then a good few other clubs are seriously missing a trick. 

Archived