Challenge Cup Draw

1 hour ago, sweaty craiq said:

We know Wildie is 100% effort and a great Champ player, we also know we have 2 who have done it on the biggest stage but for some reason dont take the line on much so far. Once we get pace on the game and a dry full sized pitch we will only be missing a Grunt

You have more faith than me then Sweaty if you think that a dryer wider pitch will solve for what is me a problem halfback combination.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Ullman said:

Sheffield v Hull scheduled to take place at Featherstone's ground on Saturday 26th March at 2pm.

Be nice to finish the game with more than 9 men.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

3 hours ago, Ullman said:

Sheffield v Hull scheduled to take place at Featherstone's ground on Saturday 26th March at 2pm.

Just seen that and was going to post it too! Shame they couldn’t find somewhere closer to or even in Sheffield, opportunity missed. 

39 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Just seen that and was going to post it too! Shame they couldn’t find somewhere closer to or even in Sheffield, opportunity missed. 

The problem is all grounds in Sheffield and South Yorkshire are in use, Owls and Donny are at home, United, dont want their (smelly) pitch used by anything else at the moment, so not really anywhere else it could have been held, I know the Eagles where trying to get somewhere more local, but nowt,  unless Chessy would have put a couple of posts and marked it out...

It is what it is at the moment.....

2 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

I must admit, I cringed at the memory of that game.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

Bet you're not as disappointed as my brother who lives in Sheffield.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

6 hours ago, mozzauk said:

The problem is all grounds in Sheffield and South Yorkshire are in use, Owls and Donny are at home, United, dont want their (smelly) pitch used by anything else at the moment, so not really anywhere else it could have been held, I know the Eagles where trying to get somewhere more local, but nowt,  unless Chessy would have put a couple of posts and marked it out...

Not possible to change the date of the game. They play back to back games of soccer and rugby league at Spotland, Rochdale?

9 hours ago, mozzauk said:

Isn't ''it'' always what it is? 

4 hours ago, Anita Bath said:

Not possible to change the date of the game. They play back to back games of soccer and rugby league at Spotland, Rochdale?

They could but the Eco Power Stadium (ex Keepmoat) has Doncaster at home the day after, and Hillsborough wont entertain Rugby or anything else on there pitch.. Bramall Lane is very expensive to host a one off game....

Im disappointed I have to drive to Fev to watch the Eagles not sure if its worse than going to Hull : P

36 minutes ago, mozzauk said:

They could but the Eco Power Stadium (ex Keepmoat) has Doncaster at home the day after, and Hillsborough wont entertain Rugby or anything else on there pitch.. Bramall Lane is very expensive to host a one off game....

Im disappointed I have to drive to Fev to watch the Eagles not sure if its worse than going to Hull : P

Owlerton Stadium (holds 4K), or Rotherham? Passively interested fans in Sheffield may well have gone if it was local, but I can’t see many other than the hardcore going to Fev. 

55 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Owlerton Stadium (holds 4K), or Rotherham? Passively interested fans in Sheffield may well have gone if it was local, but I can’t see many other than the hardcore going to Fev. 

Owlerton, has Greyhounds on a Saturday and is not setup for Rugby or any other field sport anymore as the only other use is Speedway, who I think train on a Sunday... 

New York Stadium has an event on the Sunday, and again not setup for Rugby, and I would expect to be expensive to rent...

All the RU grounds will be in use on the Saturday and Sunday...

So although they are all good in principle, they are all being used for other things,...

10 minutes ago, mozzauk said:

Owlerton, has Greyhounds on a Saturday and is not setup for Rugby or any other field sport anymore as the only other use is Speedway, who I think train on a Sunday... 

New York Stadium has an event on the Sunday, and again not setup for Rugby, and I would expect to be expensive to rent...

All the RU grounds will be in use on the Saturday and Sunday...

So although they are all good in principle, they are all being used for other things,...

Fair enough. I did think Sheffield FC played at Owlerton but maybe that was a while back. 

Edit - can see Sheffield now play at Dronfield. 

23 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

You would think one of the Sheffield football teams would have offered to stage the game as a gesture of solidarity in the city - I'm sure they could have chosen a day over the weekend that didn't clash - they would have only had to open one stand so wouldn't have cost much to stage.

4 hours ago, HKR AWAY DAYS said:

It's not that I dislike you I'm just bloody sick of playing yer 🤣

Likewise , just can see us losing 2/3 players in a hard bruising match , without any real benefits ( financial or home crowd engagements ) , and personally I'm too busy to attend 

On 17/03/2022 at 22:14, mozzauk said:

Rotherham? Barnsley? Maybe even look at East Midlands area, there's a few decent non league and RU grounds surely?

Archived