Leigh up next

Dog forever

Looking forward to this game and should be able to watch it on my computer. Leigh have signed a couple of new player and they should be in the team.

Think only a score in it either way. Leigh have to be favorites, but I wouldn't underestimate the Dogs

• Like 1

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

9 minutes ago, Piggy's mate said:

Leigh have to be favorites,

Their forwards make good yardage and they restrict the opponents' yardage very well, but seem very short of a cutting edge in attack if they can't power their way over the line.

• Like 1

There is certainly a lot going on the juniors, shame it is so late a kick off, it's a school day next day. Dilemma what to do as a concession ticket holder do I forgo it and pay again and boost the takings or use my ticket.

The one benefit of us having so many Monday games is that Halifax and now yourselves have only charged us a tenner! In Edinburgh this weekend but travelling back early to make sure we're back in time to get across for the game. Looking forward to it!  

3 hours ago, RogerT said:

There is certainly a lot going on the juniors, shame it is so late a kick off, it's a school day next day. Dilemma what to do as a concession ticket holder do I forgo it and pay again and boost the takings or use my ticket.

Forgive the intrusion Roger, but if you bought another ticket then Batley would have to pay 20% VAT on it. They'd be better off if you just donated the tenner (or even spent it on food & drink if the 5% VAT is still a thing?)

Edited by Leyther_Matt
  • Like 4

40 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

The one benefit of us having so many Monday games is that Halifax and now yourselves have only charged us a tenner! In Edinburgh this weekend but travelling back early to make sure we're back in time to get across for the game. Looking forward to it!  

Forgive the intrusion Roger, but if you bought another ticket then Batley would have to pay 20% VAT on it. They'd be better off if you just donated the tenner (or even spent it on food & drink if the 5% VAT is still a thing?)

I don't mind in the least and nice to hear from a Leigh fan without all the bragging, I don't mean that nastily.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Well said Matt , donate to bissa

• Like 2

IMG_0583.JPG

Love the way Kev can take the micky so proudly!! I too hope we can put on a display and if anybody can put a plan together Craig's the man. We'll front up to be sure but I think they'll wear us down over time and probably win by about 20. Whatever DOES happen we'll know that blood has been spilt for the cause. Looking at other fixtures, even a loss will only see up down 1 place anyway, then London and the 2 Cumbrian games should see us at least maintain that.

3 hours ago, Drigdog said:

No surprise with the Batley squad, as all remaining players are on loan.

And Walshaw serving a 1 match ban.

2 hours ago, Batley Bob said:

Shame that Town are on Sky tonight. I know that there are plenty who "wouldn't cross the road to watch that sport" but there are plenty more who will be tempted to watch the Football.

• Like 1

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Tough one for our boys tonight, hope their bosses have been kind to them at work today just putting them on tea duty, will be hard with leigh being full time, but our boys should be fresh after 2 weeks off, let's hope they can put on a good show for the TV viewers, GOOD LUCK BOYS! 

• Like 2