Hows ticket sales going for CCF

2 hours ago, Scubby said:

My friend said she and her friends were at the Harlequins big match for over 5 hours last week - including over an hour after it finished. We can't even get die hard RL fans to stay for the kick off of the main game!

I assume she was travelling a couple of hundred miles pre and post event ? 

24 minutes ago, Jughead said:

You really don’t get the point of this, do you?

It would seem neither do you , yes it needs to be more of an event , but the post I replied to was criticising a relatively small number of fans that are travelling a long distance to watch their team play , if they then decide they want to return home , that is their perogative , but the poster in question just keeps returning to that same issue 

Personally I don't think there's a lot you can do , we see the comparison with what the RU are doing at Twickenham , but again that is their stadium , they have the freedom to do whatever they want there , we however are always hiring venues and therefore are quite often restricted to what we can and cannot do 

As I put earlier , this group of people that Scubby was referring to were most likely invited by somebody already in the Union ' loop ' , again something we don't really have in the south 

Are we poor at creating ' events ' ? Yes , and that's probably how it will remain  , I'm not saying we shouldn't try to improve , but that will require time and considerable money , again something we don't have a lot of 

What we aren't short of is expertise , unfortunately most of it spends their time posting on here , no doubt getting paid fortunes by their employers , but not doing a great deal of work 

4 hours ago, Dave T said:

This was the one I referred to the other day, very much about the event, S. E. B and The Feeling top billing on this ad.    

Is there a game on as well ?

5 hours ago, Scubby said:

We compared the two London events relating to where the ball was or wasn't. Now those organising the Twickenham showpiece have cranked up to phase two (I suppose this was the equivalent of us announcing Alex Simmons?) 😕 

This is RU feeling pressure from stuff like The Hundred, Women's football et al not just RL. They know sports are going after the same type of market for London events.

283924164_10159729563996539_770413946204

I get the point you are making here but this looks awful. If it was produced by the RFL people would be slagging it off. The RFL should be doing more no doubt but I don't think this is a very good example of what they should be doing. 

As an aside how many clubs in all 3 divisions have been promoting the challenge Cup? Not many I suspect 

1 minute ago, OriginalMrC said:

I get the point you are making here but this looks awful. If it was produced by the RFL people would be slagging it off. The RFL should be doing more no doubt but I don't think this is a very good example of what they should be doing. 

As an aside how many clubs in all 3 divisions have been promoting the challenge Cup? Not many I suspect 

Creative Content is always personal opinion, but it hits many marks that the RFL haven't. 

And I would add that the RFL have had some beautiful creative stuff for this year, loveky animations etc. 

4 minutes ago, OriginalMrC said:

And there we have it , some think it's good , others think not , there is no definitive way 

12 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Should be an interesting morning tomorrow , 8 coaches , no idea where we can drop off or be picked up , or where the coaches are going to go while the game is on 

Should be fun 😁

I hope everything goes well tomorrow.

We have our disagreements over a few things (and agreements in others) but if every fan of Rugby League organised 8 coaches of fans to attend a game then the sport would be in a better place.

• Like 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

3 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

I hope everything goes well tomorrow.

We have our disagreements over a few things (and agreements in others) but if every fan of Rugby League organised 8 coaches of fans to attend a game then the sport would be in a better place.

Been an absolute ' mare ' , as of Tuesday we had 360 people booked but only 300 seats , was considering emptying the van and throwing some cushions in the back 😁 , because of the early kick off we need 2 drivers per coach , next weekend would have been no problem apparently 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

And there we have it , some think it's good , others think not , there is no definitive way 

I'm not sure why you think there would and should be a definitive way. 

But what is without question is that the RFL's way is driving down crowds. 

You seem to think people having a difference of opinion is some kind of zinger, that if people can't agree then everyone is wrong. 

There are various ways to drive to Liverpool from my house, they are all valid routes. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dave T said:

I'm not sure why you think there would and should be a definitive way. 

But what is without question is that the RFL's way is driving down crowds. 

You seem to think people having a difference of opinion is some kind of zinger, that if people can't agree then everyone is wrong. 

There are various ways to drive to Liverpool from my house, they are all valid routes. 

They all might be valid , but most will be uneconomical or take too long , only 2 or 3 are genuinely practical 

The variables in attracting ' people ' not existing fans is like your drive to Liverpool , most won't work in significant numbers to be viable or practical , IMO 

35 minutes ago, OriginalMrC said:

Most clubs are utterly useless at doing anything outside their own activities rather than the sport as a whole.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, OriginalMrC said:

So what IYO should they be doing ? 

So you want teams that were knocked out of the CC 4 months ago to spend money promoting the CC Final ?

1 hour ago, GUBRATS said:

It would seem neither do you , yes it needs to be more of an event , but the post I replied to was criticising a relatively small number of fans that are travelling a long distance to watch their team play , if they then decide they want to return home , that is their perogative , but the poster in question just keeps returning to that same issue 

Personally I don't think there's a lot you can do , we see the comparison with what the RU are doing at Twickenham , but again that is their stadium , they have the freedom to do whatever they want there , we however are always hiring venues and therefore are quite often restricted to what we can and cannot do 

As I put earlier , this group of people that Scubby was referring to were most likely invited by somebody already in the Union ' loop ' , again something we don't really have in the south 

Are we poor at creating ' events ' ? Yes , and that's probably how it will remain  , I'm not saying we shouldn't try to improve , but that will require time and considerable money , again something we don't have a lot of 

What we aren't short of is expertise , unfortunately most of it spends their time posting on here , no doubt getting paid fortunes by their employers , but not doing a great deal of work 

It doesn't matter whether they are on the M1 heading home, in a nearby pub celebrating or in Madame Tussauds - the single driver for the additional game (1895 Cup) was to boost the attendance for the Challenge Cup final. If loads of those people are going to be anywhere else than sat in their seats as the Challenge Cup final itself kicks off then it is a complete failure of concept.

Edited by Scubby
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Scubby said:

It doesn't matter whether they are on the M1 heading home, in a nearby pub celebrating or in Madame Tussauds - the single driver for the additional game (1895 Cup) was to boost the attendance for the Challenge Cup final. If loads of those people are going to be anywhere else than sat in their seats as the Challenge Cup final itself kicks off then it is a complete failure of concept.

I agree , in fact 30 seconds ago my wife who's in London on the overnighter was telling of a group of regulars who have stated they will be heading out after the curtain raiser to watch in the pub , I too think it's daft , but those tickets will be included in the attendance , and that is all the powers that be will be bothered about 

IMO you could ' event ' it all you want , but for lots of different reasons it won't make any decernable difference , we aren't posh or fashionable enough for London , and price and club centricity will restrict the northern fanbase from ever filling ( or getting near to ) Wembley

17 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

So you want teams that were knocked out of the CC 4 months ago to spend money promoting the CC Final ?

Costs nothing to put a post on social media, using the RFLs imaging or whatever.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

This should be promoted as a day out in London for all RL fans. It used to be but seems to have lost that. You've got to offer more now to bring people to events but this is a catch 22. There are probably not enough people going for the RFL to invest heavily on the event itself. 

And some posts on social media wouldn't cost much if anything would it? A good challenge Cup attendance is good for the game as a whole. 

4 minutes ago, OriginalMrC said:

This should be promoted as a day out in London for all RL fans. It used to be but seems to have lost that. You've got to offer more now to bring people to events but this is a catch 22. There are probably not enough people going for the RFL to invest heavily on the event itself. 

And some posts on social media wouldn't cost much if anything would it? A good challenge Cup attendance is good for the game as a whole. 

I've been watching RL or 50+ years , regularly for the last 25 ( since I ditched football ) I've been involved with my club as in being a director , I've attended a couple of Cc finals and Championship finals as a neutral , but if my team wasn't playing at WHL tomorrow ,I wouldn't be going , no matter what else was going on or whatever the RFL did 

So how do you get me , a die hard Leigh fan ,to attend a CC final as a neutral ?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, RigbyLuger said:

Costs nothing to put a post on social media, using the RFLs imaging or whatever.

So you think that people who attend games at Keighley,Barrow and Dewsbury don't know the CC final is on tomorrow ?

33 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Doesn't a stronger game and stronger cup competition benefit all clubs? I certainly think so.

3 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

I've been watching RL or 50+ years , regularly for the last 25 ( since I ditched football ) I've been involved with my club as in being a director , I've attended a couple of Cc finals and Championship finals as a neutral , but if my team wasn't playing at WHL tomorrow ,I wouldn't be going , no matter what else was going on or whatever the RFL did 

So how do you get me , a die hard Leigh fan ,to attend a CC final as a neutral ?

We don't have to. If you have no desire to go, you don't go. 

Marketing isn't to target 90k people and get 90k attendees. 

• Like 1