Sat 21st-Sun 22nd May: The Betfred Championship (Non TV) Match Thread

1 hour ago, Fevrover said:

Wigan used to, St Helens have won it last 3 years and look like doing it again. 

But every other team, or most of them can compete and have a chance of winning it, the fact that those 2 are the best and have been for years usually mean they are always competing at the top.

The difference is in the championship there's really only Leigh and Featherstone who can compete to win it.

1 minute ago, meast said:

But every other team, or most of them can compete and have a chance of winning it, the fact that those 2 are the best and have been for years usually mean they are always competing at the top.

The difference is in the championship there's really only Leigh and Featherstone who can compete to win it.

I except what you're saying about the Championship, but i still don't except that all teams can win SL Grand Final. No more then 4 at a push.

Barrow up 18-20 with a few mins remaining & we have injuries galore here, Be a massive 2 points if we can hold out here, Just defended 7 consecutive sets 👏👏

Carl Foster just returned limping on for direction I guess, Went off early in the first half 

Edited by mickmike wilson
Wrong score

On 18/05/2022 at 21:23, Johnny Ringo said:

All home wins except for Dewsbury  and York. I think Barrow may get the win with Sammut returning and Halifax to just clinch a tight game too. It would be a huge win for Dewsbury if they do prevail, putting them on 6 pts with Whitehaven and cutting off Workington who face a long day at Leigh. 

2 weeks on the trot, pitty I'm not a betting man. 

4 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

58 - 6 FT at Leigh, 13 tries and only 3 goals for Leigh, made the scoreline dound much better for Workington.

Against that 17 there packed with players from NRL systems I’d say that wasn’t a bad effort 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, meast said:

Yes, I like the competition and uncertainty of things.

I was pleased we won promotion and the cup obviously but the season itself seemed like a season of friendlies, I like competition and uncertainty.

Me too , but it's easier to say after 20 years of SL , but that's the reason I don't want licencing in any form , because then it feels like friendlies 

13 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

So the worst set of results possible for chasing pack with Fax Barrow and Batley all winning. Fax are going to be on 18 points after 13 games. Barrow 15 after 13 and Batkey probably beat sheffield in the catch up. 

So we are now into effectively playoff eliminators. Sheffield will get eliminated tomorrow by Widnes, who will then lose to Bradford , who need to win 3 from four in June and hope York do us a favour vs Barrow at the end of the month. 

What a fantastic job Barrow have done growing on and off the field. This generating rev from your own ground might take off. 

I think Sheffield will beat Widnes tomorrow, Sheffield probably the best team that has been to Leigh up to now.

22 minutes ago, JDINTHEHIZZOUSE said:

we should have signed someone who won't miss ten attempts at goal, thats pathetic

Hope Krisnan gets a bit of practise this week , up to today he's hardly missed a kick all season 

In fact I'd guess he's missed more today than the entire season 

Edited by GUBRATS
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Hope Krisnan gets a bit of practise this week , up to today he's hardly missed a kick all season 

In fact I'd guess he's missed more today than the entire season 

Looking at the amount of outside backs scoring, I take it lots of kicks are tough. 

m he’s done me anyway because I had Leigh giving 52 🤡