Fri 20th May: SL: Leeds Rhinos v Wakefield Trinity KO 20:00

Who will win?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leeds Rhinos
    • Wakefield Trinity

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 20/05/22 at 19:30

4 hours ago, Jughead said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Lot_17a/status/1527902116240662529

What an idiot. Given his record this year, he’s bound to have another few weeks off. 

So some other lucky team(s) will have the benefit of not facing him. It would have been considerably fairer though had Wakefield had the benefit of him being sent off yesterday. Unsurprisingly, the decision was bottled on the day. Awful as Wakey were (and that's an understatement) it could have changed the result (we did actually score 6 to Leeds' 0 while Bentley was off).

Edited by north yorks trinity
sent early in error
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, north yorks trinity said:

So some other lucky team(s) will have the benefit of not facing him. It would have been considerably fairer though had Wakefield had the benefit of him being sent off yesterday. Unsurprisingly, the decision was bottled on the day. Awful as Wakey were (and that's an understatement) it could have changed the result (we did actually score 6 to Leeds' 0 while Bentley was off).

And Bentley scored 8 to Wakey's 0 when he was on! 😉

We weren't brilliant yesterday by any means, but my friend made the point that Leeds look like a decent side for whom it just isn't clicking in attack (story of our season + injuries), whereas Wakey just looked dire. It's obviously difficult for everyone at Wakey because of the budget constraints, but they were lucky Huddersfield won last night or they would only be off the bottom on points difference. Need to hit some form and soon.

23 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

We weren't brilliant yesterday by any means, but my friend made the point that Leeds look like a decent side for whom it just isn't clicking in attack whereas Wakey just looked dire... Wakey need to hit some form and soon.

Agree entirely. I had been thinking Wakey would hit form eventually (they had been playing well and losing at the start of the season) but now I'm not sure they're capable. I went to the game last night (wished I hadn't) for old times sake as I'm not sure if/when we'll next play you in Super League.

PS Hope you don't mind my edits to your post!)

39 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

And Bentley scored 8 to Wakey's 0 when he was on! 😉

We weren't brilliant yesterday by any means, but my friend made the point that Leeds look like a decent side for whom it just isn't clicking in attack (story of our season + injuries), whereas Wakey just looked dire. It's obviously difficult for everyone at Wakey because of the budget constraints, but they were lucky Huddersfield won last night or they would only be off the bottom on points difference. Need to hit some form and soon.

Weve also got two key players back shortly, Sezer and Newman will add a lot to our attack.

our next game against Warrington is huge, if we can get a win there things would start to look different with regards the league table.

Wakey are in a real hole at the moment.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, north yorks trinity said:

Agree entirely. I had been thinking Wakey would hit form eventually (they had been playing well and losing at the start of the season) but now I'm not sure they're capable. I went to the game last night (wished I hadn't) for old times sake as I'm not sure if/when we'll next play you in Super League.

PS Hope you don't mind my edits to your post!)

It will be a massive game against Toulouse at Magic weekend I think

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Weve also got two key players back shortly, Sezer and Newman will add a lot to our attack.

our next game against Warrington is huge, if we can get a win there things would start to look different with regards the league table.

Absolutely. I think I would keep Martin in the centre too and move Sutcliffe personally.

39 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Absolutely. I think I would keep Martin in the centre too and move Sutcliffe personally.

Martin has looked great at centre.

its a shame Broadbent hasn’t kicked on however I think our other young prospects look better long term options than him.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, north yorks trinity said:

Even if we win at Magic we could easily still go down by losing all our other games and Toulouse winning two or more. Quite a likely scenario IMO unfortunately.

The period around the 2 Warrington games Wakefield looked good. I made the point on here that they weren't conceding many, if any, points during the second half. 

Since the Wigan cup tie things have gone wrong. Injuries and loss of form. 

7 hours ago, Niels said:

The period around the 2 Warrington games Wakefield looked good. I made the point on here that they weren't conceding many, if any, points during the second half. 

Since the Wigan cup tie things have gone wrong. Injuries and loss of form. 

Problem for Wakefield as well is that they have a relatively inexperienced head coach (inexperienced at being a head coach that is) and minimal chances of financial investments coming in to shake up the squad.

They have to look for the answers within the squad, and if Mason Lino and/or Jacob Miller get injured they could be in dire straights.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Chrispmartha said:

Martin has looked great at centre.

its a shame Broadbent hasn’t kicked on however I think our other young prospects look better long term options than him.

I agree. Thinking back to our opening game against Warrington too I thought at the time they looked a very beatable side who wouldn't challenge for honours this year and I believe I have been vindicated in that.

Priority has to be nailing our attack with Myler and Hardaker directing and providing link up play.

18 hours ago, Chrispmartha said:

Jeez things must be bad if your calling Sezer a 'key player' !!