Jump to content

Fri 20th May: SL: Leeds Rhinos v Wakefield Trinity KO 20:00


Who will win?  

36 members have voted

  1. 1. Who will win?

    • Leeds Rhinos
      22
    • Wakefield Trinity
      14

This poll is closed to new votes

  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 20/05/22 at 19:30

Recommended Posts


Its a must win game for both teams really. 

Rohan smith must have brought some new energy to the place so i take leeds by 10-16

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Is it possible for both teams to lose? that would be great, if Toulouse manage to beat us i feel the loser of this will be in serious trouble, a real 4 pointer.

I presume Wakefields 1 decent player will be injured again as he's already played his half a dozen games for this season so i reckon the fat unicorns will have this one as Sezer still out is definitely a bonus for them!

Fat Unicorns by 16

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 18/05/2022 at 23:56, Wakey Til I Die said:

Leeds are possibly the only team right now more clueless than we are. Wakey by a drop goal. 

In a peculiar sense I think we feel the same in reverse. 

Hopefully a repeat of the fixture at your place for me! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Tommygilf said:

In a peculiar sense I think we feel the same in reverse. 

Hopefully a repeat of the fixture at your place for me! 

Yes, a similar result of an away win would be my choice too 😉

Not sure what's happening mentally within the squads of both clubs atm, but whichever sorts it out will get a comfortable win. Leeds must be favourites on this count with their new coach, but at least Wakefield will have some centres playing this time. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Wholly Trinity said:

Yes, a similar result of an away win would be my choice too 😉

Not sure what's happening mentally within the squads of both clubs atm, but whichever sorts it out will get a comfortable win. Leeds must be favourites on this count with their new coach, but at least Wakefield will have some centres playing this time. 

Yeah it's a conundrum really, for Wakey they really need a response after last week's result at Tolouse, as do Leeds after Salford.

I hope we play in pink again!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

There is one saving grace in that this fixture is not on the telly, there is to much of the season left to play to interest the fans of jeopardy.

Another saving grace is that it's not over in Lancashire.  I would be staying at home and having to watch those awful score up dates during the televised game. 

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.
 
 
Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Wollo Wollo Wayoo said:

Another saving grace is that it's not over in Lancashire.  I would be staying at home and having to watch those awful score up dates during the televised game. 

Eh, sorry Wollo over my head that one, I understand not wanting to travel but the rest?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

Eh, sorry Wollo over my head that one, I understand not wanting to travel but the rest?

When you're watching a TV game and your team are playing away at the same time.  Wigan away for us recently : 0-6, 0-12, 0-18, 0-24  Really takes your mind off the TV game.  I used to turn the volume down and lean a book up against the bottom right hand section of my TV. 

  • Thanks 1

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.
 
 
Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Wollo Wollo Wayoo said:

When you're watching a TV game and your team are playing away at the same time.  Wigan away for us recently : 0-6, 0-12, 0-18, 0-24  Really takes your mind off the TV game.  I used to turn the volume down and lean a book up against the bottom right hand section of my TV. 

Thats the problem with being a Wakey supporter it seems to be continually the case.  But i would sooner put up with that than pay good money into the Leeds club pockets, in order to watch such useless stiffs like Liam Hood etc.  Unfortunately many others are getting the same feeling. I would imagine it is a bit sparse at the Wakey end tonight.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Agbrigg said:

Thats the problem with being a Wakey supporter it seems to be continually the case.  But i would sooner put up with that than pay good money into the Leeds club pockets, in order to watch such useless stiffs like Liam Hood etc.  Unfortunately many others are getting the same feeling. I would imagine it is a bit sparse at the Wakey end tonight.

Of course it's Liam's fault , before you got him you were really topping the league ?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Of course it's Liam's fault , before you got him you were really topping the league ?

Who said it was his fault ? The reason the club is down is because its got too many players who are not up to SL standard, Hood is a prime example and heads the list. Bring in players of his ilk and your direction of travel is downwards. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Agbrigg said:

Who said it was his fault ? The reason the club is down is because its got too many players who are not up to SL standard, Hood is a prime example and heads the list. Bring in players of his ilk and your direction of travel is downwards. 

Pay more money , get better players 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Pay more money , get better players 

That i do accept. However unless you recognise a good player when you see you ,you can get ripped off. 

Further to that you have also got to be more ruthless with the players you have and recognise that they all have a shelf life. Wakey have also retained far too many way past their sell by date.

Edited by Agbrigg
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...