London on Sunday.

spanishknight

Easily pleased SK 😉 I am hoping for a feast of rugby league tomorrow and three home wins. The Knights are back to winning ways and will want that to continue. Halifax are at Leigh so there can be no slip ups at our end as we look to consolidate in third place.

As for the ladies, there aren’t many games bigger than a home match against the Rhinos. Well, perhaps one, and we know how that turned out. 😉Should be an absolute cracker. 

• Like 3

Beer and York Knights. Proof the God loves us and wants us to be happy. 🍺🏉

I think we may see a few changes to the 17 in order to keep the squad fresh and to further enhance the experience of the younger members. Whatever side James puts out will be capable of getting the job done. Looking forward to the day. As WK says, a feast of rugby will be on offer. Get along and enjoy it. Should be a cracker. 

Edited by Fenton Knight
  • Like 5

Good job Jamie Ellis can kick goals , fordys plan to rest half a dozen nearly backfired , just shows we've not got the strength in depth we thought we had , best quickly forget and move on to Widnes next week.

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, georgeb1 said:

Good job Jamie Ellis can kick goals , fordys plan to rest half a dozen nearly backfired , just shows we've not got the strength in depth we thought we had , best quickly forget and move on to Widnes next week.

Jamie Ellis kicking won us the game today,but his overall performance was poor today another big shout out for PP.

• Like 3

I’ll tell you what was poor today. Barmy army only singing when we won. Steward for bullying the lone london supporter and the decision not to kick for goal with 40 seconds left on the 1st half clock. Apart from that I was royally entertained. London scored some great trys and probably deserved something out of the game

• Like 4

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

Fair play to PP today - he turned the game for us. Thompson again immense - he’s up there with the best signings the Knights have made in recent years. That last 10 minutes cost London- needless penalties and the sin binning. I think they were already on the bus home celebrating. They were a lot better than I thought and I’m bemused that they’ve only won one game all season. If we finish third do we get any kind of prize money?

Spoke to the mother of one of the London players. Apparently they had 6 academy players out there today Nd were told to go out and enjoy it even if they lost 50 -0

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

1 hour ago, DEANO said:

Spoke to the mother of one of the London players. Apparently they had 6 academy players out there today Nd were told to go out and enjoy it even if they lost 50 -0

Think that must be the youngest Knights team in a long time, 4 players who are 18 and only one over 30.

Just focusing on the positives first of all:

A good triple header. The men’s team while looking shaky in defence scored some good tries and moved it about a bit. I actually thought the support from the crowd was good, sat in the middle of the stand there was plenty of singing from the left as well as the usual right side. Good crowd, seemed busier than normal? Overall an important win and although it wasn’t pretty today, Ford has coached us to an important 4 points in 72 hours. 

Obviously a lot of room for improvement. Tighten up the defence, get a few bodies back and cement our place in the playoffs. 

As a club we are doing a lot of things right and there’s a lot of unnoticed hard work going on behind the scenes but we need to come up with some ideas to make match days more of an event - it was the platinum jubilee and we were playing London, thought we missed an opportunity there to set it up as our very own jubilee party, we really need to work on making matches an event. I like having women’s games on before the main event but I’d also love to see singers, bands, cheerleaders, entertainers etc between the matches. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AB Knight said:

Just focusing on the positives first of all:

A good triple header. The men’s team while looking shaky in defence scored some good tries and moved it about a bit. I actually thought the support from the crowd was good, sat in the middle of the stand there was plenty of singing from the left as well as the usual right side. Good crowd, seemed busier than normal? Overall an important win and although it wasn’t pretty today, Ford has coached us to an important 4 points in 72 hours. 

Obviously a lot of room for improvement. Tighten up the defence, get a few bodies back and cement our place in the playoffs. 

As a club we are doing a lot of things right and there’s a lot of unnoticed hard work going on behind the scenes but we need to come up with some ideas to make match days more of an event - it was the platinum jubilee and we were playing London, thought we missed an opportunity there to set it up as our very own jubilee party, we really need to work on making matches an event. I like having women’s games on before the main event but I’d also love to see singers, bands, cheerleaders, entertainers etc between the matches. 

Although we are the 51st state  this is not America and we would have to be through the turnstiles at 0900 to fit that lot in, and it costs money , money that we do not have. Triple headers yes as I'm watching the game I love , the rest you can keep.