Jump to content

Who will be the next coach?


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Heckler said:

I hope not. That would be scraping the bottom of the barrel. 

It's been established 

Matt Diskin is the barrel 😜

 

We are simply working up from the barrel 🤔🤣

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Instead of spending thousands on new turnstile stations at the owl lane end-that have never been used.A couple of quality players should have been brought in.Now a quality coach is required,forget sykes an another.Look at Barrow with Sammut.Last 2 matches,thrashed Widnes and nearly beat Leigh.Everything about the club ,very , very sadly is set up for league one at the moment.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, silcoates said:

Instead of spending thousands on new turnstile stations at the owl lane end-that have never been used.A couple of quality players should have been brought in.Now a quality coach is required,forget sykes an another.Look at Barrow with Sammut.Last 2 matches,thrashed Widnes and nearly beat Leigh.Everything about the club ,very , very sadly is set up for league one at the moment.

Money is available for players,whether the players are available well that’s another matter. We had to build the new turnstiles due to safety regulations.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Keep The Faith said:

Marchy with Sykes who is rumoured to be wanted to retire  

Next guess

So bottom is Diskin

Next level

Murrell & Schofield 

Next level 

March & Sykes 

 

Who next 🤔

All we need is Yul Brynner & Steve McQueen riding around looking the rest of the gang 🤔😜

Edited by coolie
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, silcoates said:

Instead of spending thousands on new turnstile stations at the owl lane end-that have never been used.A couple of quality players should have been brought in.Now a quality coach is required,forget sykes an another.Look at Barrow with Sammut.Last 2 matches,thrashed Widnes and nearly beat Leigh.Everything about the club ,very , very sadly is set up for league one at the moment.

Another very negative post from you Silcoates.

The cry was, just a couple of years ago, that we needed to develop the terracing at the Owl Lane end of the ground. This was listened to, under the auspices of the greatly missed zGraham Beaumont, so went ahead. In order to meet the ground safety regulations new turnstiles needed to be installed. Rather than try to understand the complexities of operating a RL club you choose, instead, to focus upon what you contend to be wasted money.

Thankfully you are not involved in the management of this club or we would have gone to the wall years ago.

  • Like 5

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Another very negative post from you Silcoates.

The cry was, just a couple of years ago, that we needed to develop the terracing at the Owl Lane end of the ground. This was listened to, under the auspices of the greatly missed zGraham Beaumont, so went ahead. In order to meet the ground safety regulations new turnstiles needed to be installed. Rather than try to understand the complexities of operating a RL club you choose, instead, to focus upon what you contend to be wasted money.

Thankfully you are not involved in the management of this club or we would have gone to the wall years ago.

Not my place to comment, but I will 😉 

Turning on each other with condescending and patronising remarks will only hasten the demise. The frustrations of the Rams fans are palpable and need to be addressed or yer doomed as they say.

  • Like 3

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Another very negative post from you Silcoates.

The cry was, just a couple of years ago, that we needed to develop the terracing at the Owl Lane end of the ground. This was listened to, under the auspices of the greatly missed zGraham Beaumont, so went ahead. In order to meet the ground safety regulations new turnstiles needed to be installed. Rather than try to understand the complexities of operating a RL club you choose, instead, to focus upon what you contend to be wasted money.

Thankfully you are not involved in the management of this club or we would have gone to the wall years ago.

GS Regs it's not Hudd.Town who i've also supported for 50 years."By the way they were robbed against forest"    I Didn't say anything against Graham Beaumont or the terracing.

Turnstiles never been used ,not likely to be.when Bradford just about filled the ground they weren't used.As for management I'd make sure the seats were clean and not stepping over bird ###### on the floor.Get the scoreboard fixed.Print more than a few team sheets.Is there something about to happen at the club  BSJ  i'm sure you know.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, DOGFATHER said:

I see you have brought Elliott Hall in on loan. Regardless of the coach, your attacking threat has jumped massively. I hope he goes well for you.

I don't get all these loaning players to other teams in the same division,. There is no respect to the RL fans these days, and what must EH think being shipped out to a team scraping to avoid relegation, is he really that motivated to give 100% for a team he might be at for a couple of games before Keighley probably sign him lol

  • Like 4

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, Piggy's mate said:

I don't get all these loaning players to other teams in the same division,. There is no respect to the RL fans these days, and what must EH think being shipped out to a team scraping to avoid relegation, is he really that motivated to give 100% for a team he might be at for a couple of games before Keighley probably sign him lol

I totally agree with you, a bit the same with Pickersgill, Tom Holmes, Chisholm and Ford. Is it a case of signing players so other teams can't? Or an opportunity to control the rest of the division, by deciding who to help and who to hinder, in the league table?

The loan and DR systems as they stand have compromised the integrity of the division imho. 

Regarding motivation, only time will tell I guess. Although, Hall always struck me as an intelligent, switched on and naturally gifted lad, who just needs regular game time to learn some of the nuances of defensive positioning and he will be an absolute superstar once he sorts that out. 

I reckon he will use this as an opportunity to put himself in the shop window, and really shine in an underperforming team. Keighley isn't a bad shout, certainly for next year.

Edited by DOGFATHER
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Piggy's mate said:

I don't get all these loaning players to other teams in the same division,. There is no respect to the RL fans these days, and what must EH think being shipped out to a team scraping to avoid relegation, is he really that motivated to give 100% for a team he might be at for a couple of games before Keighley probably sign him lol

I totally agree with what you’re saying,oh dear I must be getting soft as that’s the second time I’ve agreed with you this season 😂 But that’s the trouble when you’re not running a reserve team. To me the loan system is like DR as most of the time you’re getting the players for 2 weeks. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, DOGFATHER said:

I totally agree with you, a bit the same with Pickersgill, Tom Holmes, Chisholm and Ford. Is it a case of signing players so other teams can't? Or an opportunity to control the rest of the division, by deciding who to help and who to hinder, in the league table?

AS for signing players so other teams can't Not at FEV D  FEV sign players to improve squad signed pickersgill start of season To move Hall into centre signed Kheirallah so ,Pickersgill  now gone on loan to bulls and for deciding who to help or hinder Brandon gone to BULLS which means you get their fullback Hall🤣

Regarding Tom holmes and chizzy both were at FEV  with a year left on their contracts at start of season we signed Smith Jacks and then  later Ford  so chizzy signed for kieghley and Tom just signed for sheffield 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Outside view said:

Liam Finn with Sykes alongside 

Nope, nope, nope

If finn did take the job needs his own men in, no connection to the Greenwood years🤔

It has to be a clean slate for the players, some are clearly not good enough under Greenwood's Approach, shackles have to come off, simply dragging existing coaching staff into the new era

It's like using toilet paper twice

Once it's got an existing skiddy on it

It's hardly going going to be fresh & scented is it 

New broom needed🤔

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, coolie said:

Nope, nope, nope

If finn did take the job needs his own men in, no connection to the Greenwood years🤔

It has to be a clean slate for the players, some are clearly not good enough under Greenwood's Approach, shackles have to come off, simply dragging existing coaching staff into the new era

It's like using toilet paper twice

Once it's got an existing skiddy on it

It's hardly going going to be fresh & scented is it 

New broom needed🤔

Coolie, I know thousands of fans do, but with the predicament that Dewsbury find themselves in. Do you as a dedicated Rugby league fan sometimes wake up in a sweat and wondered why you wasn't born in Featherstone? 🤣🤣🤣 I wouldn't worry too much cos I'm sure we will be playing each other next season.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Outside view said:

Liam Finn with Sykes alongside 

 

3 hours ago, coolie said:

Nope, nope, nope

If finn did take the job needs his own men in, no connection to the Greenwood years🤔

It has to be a clean slate for the players, some are clearly not good enough under Greenwood's Approach, shackles have to come off, simply dragging existing coaching staff into the new era

It's like using toilet paper twice

Once it's got an existing skiddy on it

It's hardly going going to be fresh & scented is it 

New broom needed🤔

 

1 hour ago, J Phil Loxton said:

Coolie, I know thousands of fans do, but with the predicament that Dewsbury find themselves in. Do you as a dedicated Rugby league fan sometimes wake up in a sweat and wondered why you wasn't born in Featherstone? 🤣🤣🤣 I wouldn't worry too much cos I'm sure we will be playing each other next season.

Do you three know something that the rest of us cannot wait to hear the answer?

Outside View and Coolie seem to know who the new coach is, but not necessarily his assistant(s) and Phil seems to know the end of season solution that, somehow, we shall remain in the current division. 

Legs, Dews, Legs.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, J Phil Loxton said:

Coolie, I know thousands of fans do, but with the predicament that Dewsbury find themselves in. Do you as a dedicated Rugby league fan sometimes wake up in a sweat and wondered why you wasn't born in Featherstone? 🤣🤣🤣 I wouldn't worry too much cos I'm sure we will be playing each other next season.

A simple finger count transports me back from the realms of Feville to my cosy bed and gives me a warm feeling of thankfulness my friend 🤔

Don't be getting my and many Rams fan's hopes up😉

We're fast running out of "must win" games

We're in a hole mate.. We shall see🤔

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Crown Flatter said:

 

 

Do you three know something that the rest of us cannot wait to hear the answer?

Outside View and Coolie seem to know who the new coach is, but not necessarily his assistant(s) and Phil seems to know the end of season solution that, somehow, we shall remain in the current division. 

Well 

Matt Diskin

Paul March

Paul Sykes

Scott Murrell

Jonathan Schofield 

Alan Kilshaw

Liam Finn 

Have all been named in various posts regarding the new coach🤔

Think of it as a night out in the Frontier 🤔

However how many girls you chat up

Eventually your going to tap up and get a Batley lass 🤔

And get lucky 🤔🤣🤣🤣

 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, coolie said:

Well 

Matt Diskin

Paul March

Paul Sykes

Scott Murrell

Jonathan Schofield 

Alan Kilshaw

Liam Finn 

Have all been named in various posts regarding the new coach🤔

Think of it as a night out in the Frontier 🤔

However how many girls you chat up

Eventually your going to tap up and get a Batley lass 🤔

And get lucky 🤔🤣🤣🤣

 

I couldn’t get into t’Frontier - no tie!

Legs, Dews, Legs.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Crown Flatter said:

I couldn’t get into t’Frontier - no tie!

My Dewsbury Rams tattoo once kept me out... 🤔

I didn't want to go in the rat hole anyway 🤔

I wanted a curry... And got my way😋

Edited by coolie
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...