Sun 19 Jun: England Wheelchair v France Wheelchair KO 15:30 (Sky)

Who will win?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• England Wheelchair
    • France Wheelchair

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 19/06/22 at 14:30

• John Drake changed the title to Sun 19 Jun: England Wheelchair v France Wheelchair KO 15:30 (Sky)

Watched action from the Challenge Cup festival and was impressed with the performances from England’s big guns.

It’s great preparation for the World Cup although I think we all remember how good France were in Kent.  

England’s squad has a good mix from Leeds, Wigan, Catalans, London and Halifax.

Hoping Sky can do the business on the production too.

Really looking forward to this! 🙂 

• Like 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

3 hours ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Jealous of everyone who can watch this seen as the only sky I've got is that which I can see through the holes in the roof! 

Date for your diary is Saturday 25th June at 2.30pm when Leeds Rhinos face off against Catalans Dragons in the Challenge Cup final on BBC iPlayer.

https://www.rugbyleagueontv.com/bbc

• Thanks 1

I can’t recommend highly enough the experience of watching the wheelchair   game in the flesh. TV doesn’t do justice to the skill & the look, sound and even feel of the collisions.

Two great sides that have established a real rivalry too. If you can make it to this, do go. 

6 hours ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Date for your diary is Saturday 25th June at 2.30pm when Leeds Rhinos face off against Catalans Dragons in the Challenge Cup final on BBC iPlayer.

https://www.rugbyleagueontv.com/bbc

First day of my annual leave from work as well. I knew I picked that date for a reason, screw taking Mrs. Goose to the seaside! 😂👍

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Scubby said:

France were dominant when they last played. Some big fast units.

This could well be the WC Final in November 

Don't underestimate Wales!

The more I see Wheelchair Rugby League, the better it looks compared to the Wheelchair Rugby they play at the Olympics. The latter may be a ferocious physical contest, but is barely Rugby at all of any kind.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Note for Australia-based TRL members - this is going to be broadcast live on Fox League 502.

Edited by Futtocks

Ralph Waldo Emerson

On 17/06/2022 at 17:48, Futtocks said:

The more I see Wheelchair Rugby League, the better it looks compared to the Wheelchair Rugby they play at the Olympics. The latter may be a ferocious physical contest, but is barely Rugby at all of any kind.

It's RL, just sat down. "Wheelchair Rugby" is a shambles.

That French FB's pretty damn quick!

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Collins comes on, scores almost immediately and then converts - the kind of substitution that makes a coach feel pretty damn clever.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Does any team go for DGs as often as France? I've rarely seen it in other matches I've watched.

Ralph Waldo Emerson