Justin Sangare signs for Leeds

11 hours ago, LeytherRob said:

If we truly want a competitive France squad, then these are the kind of signings that need to happen and be a success. The more French players at top clubs, experiencing different systems the better.

Absolutely, I'd even go as far as to give some sort of cap dispensation fpr French players at non French clubs.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, LeytherRob said:

If we truly want a competitive France squad, then these are the kind of signings that need to happen and be a success. The more French players at top clubs, experiencing different systems the better.

Exactly. Can't mock the idea - put forward often on here - of restricting where England lads can play based on their parents' postcode and then get angsty that French players may also want to move clubs during their careers.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

12 hours ago, LeytherRob said:

So why has he signed for Leeds ? 😉

• Like 1

Perhaps Justin thinks Toulouse are heading for the Championship.

It's another indication though of the dog-eat-dog (cannibalistic) nature of our system, where the safe teams feed off the ailing ones.

It's just occurred to me why the SL (and NRL) haven't really given any support to the development of the game in the USA (and were eager to be rid of Toronto). 

I've no doubt that the idea that a burgeoning USA league, (populated by multi-millionaire owners) with the potential to strip all the talent from Super League and even the NRL overnight must terrify our relatively small-time owners.  

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, fighting irish said:

It's another indication though of the dog-eat-dog (cannibalistic) nature of our system, where the safe teams feed off the ailing ones.

It's just occurred to me why the SL (and NRL) haven't really given any support to the development of the game in the USA (and were eager to be rid of Toronto). 

I've no doubt that the idea that a burgeoning USA league, (populated by multi-millionaire owners) with the potential to strip all the talent from Super League and even the NRL overnight must terrify our relatively small-time owners.  

A Canadian club that avoids paying its bills and a proposed league featuring no real teams were never going to lead to the creation of a burgeoning USA league populated by multi-millionaire owners but as it's a hot day I'll forgive your fever dream.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

20 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

A Canadian club that avoids paying its bills and a proposed league featuring no real teams were never going to lead to the creation of a burgeoning USA league populated by multi-millionaire owners but as it's a hot day I'll forgive your fever dream.

Well I didn't make any of the claims you are attributing to me here, go back and look, so what's your game?

Nor am I fevered, sitting here in my air conditioned room.

I think it's far more likely that your outrageous and unsubstantiated implications are merely your own unconscious cognitive biases, rooted in some unacknowledged prejudices you have about me.

Nothing new there then.  

2 minutes ago, fighting irish said:

Well I didn't make any of the claims you are attributing to me here, go back and look, so what's your game?

Nor am I fevered, sitting here in my air conditioned room.

I think it's far more likely that your outrageous and unsubstantiated implications are merely your own unconscious cognitive biases, rooted in some unacknowledged prejudices you have about me.

Nothing new there then.  

Fine. You just decided that a player moving from Toulouse to Leeds is, in some way, linked to rugby league's failure to magic up from nothing a multi-million pound league in the USA.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Fine. You just decided that a player moving from Toulouse to Leeds is, in some way, linked to rugby league's failure to magic up from nothing a multi-million pound league in the USA.

Read it again. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fighting irish said:

Posted years ( decades ) ago on other board that if RL ever took off in the states it would decimate the British game , and potentially the Aussie one as well 

Enjoy your ' chat ' with the ginger one 😉

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Posted years ( decades ) ago on other board that if RL ever took off in the states it would decimate the British game , and potentially the Aussie one as well 

Enjoy your ' chat ' with the ginger one 😉

Well it's probably a long way off but a very real possibility if it caught on over there. We don't have the natural defences against asset stripping that the Premier League Soccer clubs have. 

Leeds are within their rights to sign him and Sangare is free to sign for whoever he wants, however I won’t be applauding Leeds Rhinos for picking off Toulouse’s best players and leaving them to find a replacement.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, OMEGA said:

Leeds are within their rights to sign him and Sangare is free to sign for whoever he wants, however I won’t be applauding Leeds Rhinos for picking off Toulouse’s best players and leaving them to find a replacement.

That’s what happens with relegation. Abdull and a couple of others joined Hull KR when London went down, Bell, Brierley, Thornley and Stone were picked off from Leigh last year and I expect Sangare won’t be the only one with this current Toulouse side that stays in Super League next year.

34 minutes ago, Jughead said:

That’s what happens with relegation. Abdull and a couple of others joined Hull KR when London went down, Bell, Brierley, Thornley and Stone were picked off from Leigh last year and I expect Sangare won’t be the only one with this current Toulouse side that stays in Super League next year.

Error Alert, Stone is still at Leigh albeit you may be subconsciously thinking about Whitbread both names of Breweries, they both go with Jug.

• Haha 2

Just now, Harry Stottle said:

Error Alert, Stone is still at Leigh albeit you may be subconsciously thinking about Whitbread both names of Breweries, they both go with Jug.

It was one of them that moved to Wakefield, though Stone did look handy in the 1895 Final. 

Mitch Garbutt is also leaving TOXIII, in his case at the end of the season, but their club website does not yet say anything about Sangare.  Is he also moving at the end of the season, or is it now?