Jump to content

Widnes vikings


Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, Carlisle1921 said:

No idea why we didn't play walker now his ban is up,

Don’t understand it mate . We’re finding it hard to literally score a point . Our attack is blunt , ponderous , predictable and mind numbingly repetitive , if not nonexistent . What have you got to lose?  Chris seems to think Oscar Thomas is a mix of Jonathan Thurston and Billy Slater and everything goes through him, but our second half ‘ plan ‘ was hoofing it up in the air on last tackle . It’s just demoralising . I don’t get a lot of things, like having a completely undersized pack then adding a completely undersized Welsh lad to play at loose forward . Or passing moves ending up with Joe Brown being easily held . Too small , too slow , too lacking any threat or creativity and if you’re defence caves in that’s a recipe for what we’re seeing. Unfortunately now on top of that our effort and desire is waining 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


Well didn't sound great on the radio.

Living 400miles away I am coming down next week, to coincide with my family having a holiday in the Lakes. It would be Leigh.

I don't know what to expect  and was not intending to bring my car to the ground so I could join you all for a couple of pints after

Do Leigh bring much support and from some of these posts  many maybe missing from the people who post each game on this forum.

I will be there and would like some company. Then again I'm on pension and can get the lower rate something I have never bothered with up to know.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Unicorn 106 said:

Smith was excellent but 2 of those tries they scored off his grubber kicks were a mile offside. I'm sure the last one, their player was standing under the sticks before he kicked it. No TV review so nothing to lose so relying on a useless TJ to wipe it off which was never gonna happen.

Even so, you don’t have to be a RL oracle to know where the ball is going on last tackle when they have Smith at scrum half. We didn’t even try to close him down or get in his face. He had all the time and space he needed to make the kicks he wanted to under no pressure at all. Bemuses me, when you have a player like that in opposition somebody should be the delegated rusher to close him down and hit him. Even if you give a couple of penalties away it’s worth it. 

  • Like 1

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, tbgfc said:

Really didn't expect much this season but what is being served up is dreadful. I'm finding it harder and harder to get motivated to go on a Sunday these days, I have never been as  disheartened and that's Thormans doing, in the past would we of hung onto a coach as long as this after such a run of losses ??? And to top it off if what was being said in the ground about the new French lads is quite frankly embarrassing.

I didn't want to go today but I can't ever remember not going to a home game if it was at all possible, but next week I'd be an idiot to go. There'll be some on here saying stick with them and you're only harming the club not going but I'm sick of the garbage being served up and I've seen coaches like him come and go who take no responsibility for it...and as I've said I was bored! 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Peter Winthorpe said:

Well didn't sound great on the radio.

Living 400miles away I am coming down next week, to coincide with my family having a holiday in the Lakes. It would be Leigh.

I don't know what to expect  and was not intending to bring my car to the ground so I could join you all for a couple of pints after

Do Leigh bring much support and from some of these posts  many maybe missing from the people who post each game on this forum.

I will be there and would like some company. Then again I'm on pension and can get the lower rate something I have never bothered with up to know.

Come in tha Station Rd club before the game Peter, plenty long suffering fans in there, you wont be short of company and most of us try and not get too depressed about our predicament.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Don’t understand it mate . We’re finding it hard to literally score a point . Our attack is blunt , ponderous , predictable and mind numbingly repetitive , if not nonexistent . What have you got to lose?  Chris seems to think Oscar Thomas is a mix of Jonathan Thurston and Billy Slater and everything goes through him, but our second half ‘ plan ‘ was hoofing it up in the air on last tackle . It’s just demoralising . I don’t get a lot of things, like having a completely undersized pack then adding a completely undersized Welsh lad to play at loose forward . Or passing moves ending up with Joe Brown being easily held . Too small , too slow , too lacking any threat or creativity and if you’re defence caves in that’s a recipe for what we’re seeing. Unfortunately now on top of that our effort and desire is waining 

If thorman wasnt on a 3 year contract he surely would have been sacked, any self dictionary he would resign, not up to the job, clearly to see no big forwards s been is down fall

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Derwent said:

Even so, you don’t have to be a RL oracle to know where the ball is going on last tackle when they have Smith at scrum half. We didn’t even try to close him down or get in his face. He had all the time and space he needed to make the kicks he wanted to under no pressure at all. Bemuses me, when you have a player like that in opposition somebody should be the delegated rusher to close him down and hit him. Even if you give a couple of penalties away it’s worth it. 

How many sides halves ( and dummy halves ) have just been able to do whatever they want against us ? We’re not even getting up and into teams 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, chromedome said:

I've waited on purpose before adding my piece.....after the Barrow debacle I got home dived onto the keyboard and said some maybe strong anti Town stuff...so today I've had a cuppa and butty (yes a jam one) and I'm gonna enjoy whatever my head allows me to write.  Having said that I might get a response from a snappy chap who calls us fellow forum friends "keyboard warriors".....wow the cheek - tell you what mate I've been a Townie for 60+ years - never been involved in any form of sponsorship, or other stuff, with our main rivals Whitehaven. 100% loyal to Town and never will divert from that (even after this seasons team efforts) so don't wave your finger and call me a KW....I'm more committed to Workington Town RLFC then you'll ever be marra. 

And during those so many decades I have seen some poor Town squads struggle as best they could. So many coaches have fallen by the wayside via poor results, it's a poisoned chalice - but despite this seasons dross, I have seen worse, honestly.

I had a feeling prior to this Widnes game that we would sneak a win.  My hopes were diluted prior to kick off on hearing Caine Barnes was in Croatia (on holiday?) and the new French recruits had failed to have visas correctly stamped - the Catalans club accept responsibility for this problem and have (possibly) suggested other players could be made available through proper channels (pardon pun).....no matter it's now too late to aid Town's relegation struggle.

Like some have said today turned into quite a boring episode of Worky 2022. The Widnes outfit were slicker and faster, we hadn't a flippin' clue how to break down their defence.

I've said enough......for now........I'll keep paying my admission fee..BTW well done Haven today, up the "keyboard warriors", and UTT.

I was gonna like your comment until your final sentence 😊

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, homeandawayer said:

I didn't want to go today but I can't ever remember not going to a home game if it was at all possible, but next week I'd be an idiot to go. There'll be some on here saying stick with them and you're only harming the club not going but I'm sick of the garbage being served up and I've seen coaches like him come and go who take no responsibility for it...and as I've said I was bored! 

Totally agree boring, no leader, lacking any idea in attack same boring play, out enthused in defence. Getting harder to watch/listen to week in week out all the while the man in charge is stealling a living telling us he's not worried and has total confidence things will change.

 Who else thinks Thorman should stand down ??? I was a big Thorman fan especially after last season, definitely talks the talk but really isn't delivering on the field, hearing a couple of our better players are going back to there amateur clubs next year regardless due to Thormans man management skills.

Reeks of a coach who has lost the changing room.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, Big Yin said:

Listened to this rubbish today and was only made worse by who I believe to be one of the people running a rugby league Facebook page shouting and screaming like a mad man. Thorman would be sacked by any other club, but knows he’s safe as doing so would cost the club a fortune. I’m glad I don’t get to any games as I feel for the guys who pay there hard earned money especially when things are tight 

That would be me that 🤣 I’ll continue to spend my time and shout . Nice to get the page some recognition though 👍

 

🔵⚪

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Couldn't go today luckily 

But I've thought for a few weeks now that it's time to accept our fate. 

Stop wasting money on 2 weekloans and players that a blind man could see arny good enough just for the sake of it 

Either save the money till next year or start signing good quality 1st division players who can stay with us in the coming 1st division campaign

And for gods sake look for a quality half back!!!!!!! 

Sorry to say I've lost faith in CT now

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Callum Linford 98 said:

That would be me that 🤣 I’ll continue to spend my time and shout . Nice to get the page some recognition though 👍

 

🔵⚪

It’s embarrassing your supposed to be a journalist, 

  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Rodders2010 said:

Forber and doran aint good enough f championship, both 100% lads but League 1 players, its beyond ne how alex young ever starts f town, not good enough f brow 

 

 

Wondered when Alex's would get a mention 🤔

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Big Yin said:

It’s embarrassing your supposed to be a journalist, 

Your making the guy who does the bradford games look like a pro 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Really feel for you guys as fans, to be nilled is never a nice feeling. Just off here reading about the French lads must be frustrating not getting them out on the pitch when they could improve the team. Was hoping both Haven and Town managed to survive but London looked to of turned a bit of a corner so now looking impossible I'm afraid. Fingers crossed you guys get a competitive squad next year and don't lose too many back to the amateur game or elsewhere 🤞

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Neutralfan7 said:

Really feel for you guys as fans, to be nilled is never a nice feeling. Just off here reading about the French lads must be frustrating not getting them out on the pitch when they could improve the team. Was hoping both Haven and Town managed to survive but London looked to of turned a bit of a corner so now looking impossible I'm afraid. Fingers crossed you guys get a competitive squad next year and don't lose too many back to the amateur game or elsewhere 🤞

Oh you’re good !

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Hate the rec said:

Wondered when Alex's would get a mention 🤔

Surely everyone would agree not even a league 1 player, must be on a good wage or definitely would not get anywhere near the team, thorman out of is depth and Clueless, jonty f me 🤞

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Hate the rec said:

Wondered when Alex's would get a mention 🤔

Getting boring this craik isn't it, again one of the better players today.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, chromedome said:

  Having said that I might get a response from a snappy chap who calls us fellow forum friends "keyboard warriors".....wow the cheek - tell you what mate I've been a Townie for 60+ years - never been involved in any form of sponsorship, or other stuff, with our main rivals Whitehaven. 100% loyal to Town and never will divert from that (even after this seasons team efforts) so don't wave your finger and call me a KW....I'm more committed to Workington Town RLFC then you'll ever be marra. 

 

Whilst nobody can ever criticise the efforts of volunteers of the club for what they do. This does not mean the PAID members off staff are exempt from criticism when under performing. Im sure there's alot on here who kept the club alive over the last two years with not accepting ST refunds, paying into fan led initiatives, 'virtual pints' etc etc. 

Come down and follow your local team. We need you. But only if you don't criticise us

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Rodders2010 said:

Surely everyone would agree not even a league 1 player, must be on a good wage or definitely would not get anywhere near the team, thorman out of is depth and Clueless, jonty f me 🤞

We’ve got a lot of problems before we get to a winger . 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...