Wolves sign Josh McGuire

1 minute ago, Harry Stottle said:

Do you know what the allegation is?

I have heard the various versions, but it's the whole saga in the way it's going that I have a problem with.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

So you are happy with player's running to officials. Sorry I might be in the minority but I am not.

The McGuire side of it is separate for me as I have stated my opinion of him as a signing.

So you think a player should just take what another player says to them without any consequence? 

If a player called another player a highly charged racial slur(I am going to the extreme here)  that only the other player heard, what should he do? Should he just smack him and take the consequences? Or should he tell the referee that this other player is a disgrace and shouldn't be on the field due to what he has said.

Why are you seemingly OK with what McGuire said, presumably if no one else heard, then there should be no consequence. 

Blaming the victim because they decided to speak up isn't a great look whatever the "crime" may be

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

Running to officials complaining about comments, obviously on here I am in a minority.

By the way, is there any footage of this "running" to the officials? 

The way it is being portrayed is like Charnley put his hands in the arm screaming "REF, REF, SIR, SIR" "He called me a ****" - This is the only image in my head of it, but I am certain that can't be how it played out.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, StandOffHalf said:

Am I the only one who finds the length of bans for able-ist language a bit much? Heat of the moment stuff, with terms that have entered common parlance.

McGuire has admitted that the first one was nasty and that it was an exchange of words. That's the sort of thing that I would prefer to see left on the field. Shake hands (or not), move on.

no he hasn't he was steadfast in his denial that he didn't say what he was accused of saying.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Click said:

By the way, is there any footage of this "running" to the officials? 

The way it is being portrayed is like Charnley put his hands in the arm screaming "REF, REF, SIR, SIR" "He called me a ****" - This is the only image in my head of it, but I am certain that can't be how it played out.

I guess you and I will have to wait for the findings. 

47 minutes ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

Running to officials complaining about comments, obviously on here I am in a minority.

when you say "running to officials" do you just mean he reported it? or that he ran after the official and screamed in his face like footballers do?

28 minutes ago, RP London said:

when you say "running to officials" do you just mean he reported it? or that he ran after the official and screamed in his face like footballers do?

As I was not personally viewing the report I don't know,as with most people I read reports from various sources, they may or may not be accurate.As for like football players do we as a sport are not at that level but slowly we are going in that direction.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

As I was not personally viewing the report I don't know,as with most people I read reports from various sources, they may or may not be accurate.As for like football players do we as a sport are not at that level but slowly we are going in that direction.

What report are you going off?

1 minute ago, phiggins said:

What report are you going off?

All the normal reports, serious about, Warrington guardian, there are others but if you haven't read wait for the hearing report tonight.

If the ' insult ' was to a family member then it is much worse than one directed at the recipient personally , quite simply because it has been ' thought of ' rather than a heat of the moment reaction , you fat ******* , you bald **** , but as we saw with Mr Cantona , you insult family and it gets different , it has been part of a thought process , no excuses , it deserves all it gets 

6 hours ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

I agree, a bit more worrying is player's running after officials saying players have said inappropriate words to them. It's different if officials hear those comments but regardless if McGuire is a liability (and not much of a loss on the field) if this becomes the normal way for player's to react teams will need bigger squads and the amateur game will cease to exist.

You genuinely think a player raising a concern with a ref over this is worse than actually doing it, seriously? Thats just ignorant and idiotic.

You keep pushing this "running after the official" hypoerbole nonsense also with absolutely no evidence.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Barry Badrinath said:

no he hasn't he was steadfast in his denial that he didn't say what he was accused of saying.

Yes, sorry. I didn't mean to imply that he had admitted to the term that he was accused of saying. I just meant that he had admitted that it was a nasty, heated exchange of words.

13 minutes ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

All the normal reports, serious about, Warrington guardian, there are others but if you haven't read wait for the hearing report tonight.

Thank you. Originally, I thought that you were referring to some sort of official RFL report. Only thing I've seen in Warrington Guardian is that an incident was placed on report. No idea what Charnley has said to the referee, which will, I imagine, be covered by the tribunal minutes. 

Wouldn't surprise me if he is found not guilty, assuming the referee hasn't heard it, and a difficult case to prove. But I have no problem whatsoever with Charnley reporting it. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, phiggins said:

Thank you. Originally, I thought that you were referring to some sort of official RFL report. Only thing I've seen in Warrington Guardian is that an incident was placed on report. No idea what Charnley has said to the referee, which will, I imagine, be covered by the tribunal minutes. 

Wouldn't surprise me if he is found not guilty, assuming the referee hasn't heard it, and a difficult case to prove. But I have no problem whatsoever with Charnley reporting it. 

Not a cat in hell's chance, he will be found guilty, I doubt they would go through the point of a hearing. Personally McGuire hasn't even performed when playing never mind missing games.

22 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

I realised I had put the wrong thing and changed it, but you were in there to quick with your reply.

A lot of spare time this morning. I just love topics were people are so polarised with their views and take pleasure in rubbishing alternative views even though generally the truth is somewhere in-between.

2 minutes ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

Not a cat in hell's chance, he will be found guilty, I doubt they would go through the point of a hearing. Personally McGuire hasn't even performed when playing never mind missing games.

see, i dont know, its such a weird allegation to make, i can't imagine mcguire knows charnley, and more importantly, seems a weird thing for him to know about charnley, it seems unusual that he would have been brought up to speed on ex players and ex players children.

That's not defending him at all, if he's said something he should be gone, its just that this particular alleged incident seems very unusual.

Just now, Barry Badrinath said:

see, i dont know, its such a weird allegation to make, i can't imagine mcguire knows charnley, and more importantly, seems a weird thing for him to know about charnley, it seems unusual that he would have been brought up to speed on ex players and ex players children.

That's not defending him at all, if he's said something he should be gone, its just that this particular alleged incident seems very unusual.

It probably doesn't pay to have a non woke opinion otherwise you are just ignorant and idiotic.

On Warrington we have a problem with all aspects of discipline,the amount of games missed by player's is mounting, only saints are anywhere close.

I know this is mainly about Rugby Union , but:

- I played my last game over 20 years ago, having played open-age rugbyleague and union for over 25 years and there was never much sledging other than jeering in union when your scrum got shoved backwards. No one got sneered at for dropping a pass or missing a tackle. Some teams sang unpleasant victory chants in the dressing room after a win; but none of my teams did and I would have refused to take join in.

- In the UK, the Australian cricket team brought widespread publicity to the use of sledging as a tactic in the Ian Chappell era.

- It seems that  sneering and congratulating mistakes are now commonplace  mind-game tactics in RL.

- When sledging and derogatory comments are regarded as part of the game, it's hard to criticise a player who goes to far in the heat of the moment.

- The answer is to penalise it altogether in Rugby League and make us the "clean game".

• Like 1

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

1 minute ago, Barry Badrinath said:

You ever been in a dressing room Barry, and I am using the term dressing room colloquially in that it is anywhere player's congregate be that training field, gym, in the bar etc etc, anything and everything is discussed and in particular present or ex players and any attached info or nitty gritty.