Golden Point Hypocrisy

1 minute ago, dboy said:

If this year's GF is a draw, you would prefer a replay?

Just before the WC? Just before the short off-season in a normal year?

Woolfe is in the paper today complaining about too many games.

It's a non-starter.

As I stated in the post you quoted I am equally happy with extra time.

14 hours ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

I personally don't like it, I think draws and the single point earned from one add another element to the league table, just make the battles for each end of the table more exciting. 

I have suggested in the past that if we have to have it then why not award both teams a point for the draw and the winner of golden point a second point for the win. 

I know where you are coming from, but why should a team who couldn’t win a game in normal time be given the same number of points as other teams who did? You’d have to go to a 3 pt win across the board to convince me. 

In the absence of that, extra-time, without golden point. 

• Like 1

20th Feb 2019 : Wigan 22 Hull FC 23 : Golden point the greatest thing since sliced bread and the invention of the wheel.

13th April 2019 : Catalans 30 Hull FC 31 : As above.

6th March 2020 : Wakefield 26 Hull FC 27 : As above.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

31st March 2022 : Wigan 19 Hull FC 18 : Stupid way to end a game, "IT'S NOT FAIR!"

5th June 2022 : Wakefield 19 Hull FC 18 : As above.

Personally speaking, I think a draw would have been a better way to end the last two games.

And, just for good measure, I would much rather the following recent games had ended in a draw :

Hull FC 18 Castleford 46. Wigan 60 Hull FC 0 and Hull FC 16 Leeds 62.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
                                                                  :kolobok_sad:   Hull FC....The Sons of God....  :kolobok_sad:
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

1 hour ago, Old Frightful said:

20th Feb 2019 : Wigan 22 Hull FC 23 : Golden point the greatest thing since sliced bread and the invention of the wheel.

13th April 2019 : Catalans 30 Hull FC 31 : As above.

6th March 2020 : Wakefield 26 Hull FC 27 : As above.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

31st March 2022 : Wigan 19 Hull FC 18 : Stupid way to end a game, "IT'S NOT FAIR!"

5th June 2022 : Wakefield 19 Hull FC 18 : As above.

Personally speaking, I think a draw would have been a better way to end the last two games.

And, just for good measure, I would much rather the following recent games had ended in a draw :

Hull FC 18 Castleford 46. Wigan 60 Hull FC 0 and Hull FC 16 Leeds 62.

I think that, in the last game you list, OF, Leeds should have got a bonus point for being clever enough to score a points total that matched the number of the 'heartlands' motorway!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Jughead said:

If we don’t like “desperate drop goal contests” or “games decided by the toss of a coin”, which are arguments I’ve heard against the use of Golden Point, why would we settle such huge events like finals with these kind of poor ideas? 

Knockout games that requires a result are different to regular season round games, they don't need a winner.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, meast said:

Knockout games that requires a result are different to regular season round games, they don't need a winner.

That’s not the point of what I’m asking. If golden point is a “dreadful drop goal contest” or “decided by the flip of a coin” why would we decide major events with something described as “dreadful” or decided not on sporting merit but the flip of a coin? Surely, we would want major finals decided by something less dreadful or by chance?