The Transfer Rumour Mill Thread

5 minutes ago, Red Willow said:

This is the bit about central funding

We’ve been told that next years’ distributions will likely, best-case, top out at around £1.31m – almost £200k less than was discussed during the realignment process with the RFL and around £800k less than they were just six years ago. Our given agreement to realign was contingent on the assurance of £1.5m.

This reduction – alongside a further near £100k reduction to 2023’s distributions that we were told about last week – creates an approximate £300k shortfall for us over the next 12 months. This has been known for 8 months, which is particularly aggravating given the lengths to which we’ve gone to in ensuring the Club’s welfare in that time.

Simple, take £300k for Croft from Leeds 😉

4 hours ago, phiggins said:

Cheaper and not as good

Both are capable of playing hide and seek, but on his day, there isn’t much between them. 

Agree that Croft is probably the more consistent but styles suit players. 

11 minutes ago, Snowys Backside said:

Hethrington wont allow it irrespective of what you say. 

What on earth are you talking about 😂 You don't know Leeds very well if you think they don't pay transfer fees, sometimes very big ones.

This needs its own thread. Sort of around-

1. How, why is TV money being reduced when the deal hasnt been approved?

2. Why did the RFL took 8 months to inform clubs?

3. Why does it take a supporters email to confirm the above?

4. Will anyone at the RFL takes responsibility?

Seems SRD are in a quandary thanks to the RFL again. Whilst others clubs might choose to further indebt themselves, I'm not sure SRD want to this winter. 

It needs some some steel to work through as at least Solly can look forward to revenues increased. 

Anyway back to the transfer rumours. 

14 minutes ago, idrewthehaggis said:

Seems SRD are in a quandary thanks to the RFL again. Whilst others clubs might choose to further indebt themselves, I'm not sure SRD want to this winter. 

It needs some some steel to work through as at least Solly can look forward to revenues increased. 

Last week clubs were told about a ~£100k threat, which was largely dependent on whether Catalans got to the Grand Final or not. If your club has spun that into an "the RFL never told us about this" then you might want to look closer to home.

It's seems they are more so p!shed about the timing and as well claiming the RFL took them to expect £1.5m rather than £1.31m. 

Sure as a co-owner I've got plenty to query, but not on here. However selling your kingpin to a rival cos of a seasonal temporary shortfall would be the start for me.

Anyway. Has Owen Trout moved? 

1 minute ago, idrewthehaggis said:

Anyway. Has Owen Trout moved? 

Officially left Huddersfield. Reportedly signed for Leigh, which I suspect will be true as any other club would have announced it by now.

Isn’t he recovering from a bad injury?

33 minutes ago, phiggins said:

Officially left Huddersfield. Reportedly signed for Leigh, which I suspect will be true as any other club would have announced it by now.

Isn’t he recovering from a bad injury?

Not announced officially, but he has 100% signed for Leigh next year along with Norman, Baxter, Brogan and Macnamara. 

14 hours ago, Red Willow said:

This is the bit about central funding

We’ve been told that next years’ distributions will likely, best-case, top out at around £1.31m – almost £200k less than was discussed during the realignment process with the RFL and around £800k less than they were just six years ago. Our given agreement to realign was contingent on the assurance of £1.5m.

This reduction – alongside a further near £100k reduction to 2023’s distributions that we were told about last week – creates an approximate £300k shortfall for us over the next 12 months. This has been known for 8 months, which is particularly aggravating given the lengths to which we’ve gone to in ensuring the Club’s welfare in that time.

Well that will Piff on Chips for all those who hope for a 14 team SL, those additional two teams would further reduce the 'Top Out' funding by another £90,000, which in itself doesn't look all that much but added to the 800K that was awarded just 6 years ago represents a 42.1% funding reduction from £2.11M, to £1.22M ouch!

And for all those who say that away fans shouldn't matter if along with Catalan there was also Toulouse making up the 14, two games with very little to no income from the visiting teams, I should imagine it would matter to the clubs.

23 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Doesn't show though does it? surely you can excuse people for thinking that!

Doesn’t show? Aren’t Leeds the second most successful team in the SL era?

Yes we’ve had a few poor years recently, in which we have paid transfer fees by the way.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Doesn’t show? Aren’t Leeds the second most successful team in the SL era?

Yes we’ve had a few poor years recently, in which we have paid transfer fees by the way.

Live in the here and now Chris not in the past, having a winning team with the golden generation means rag all now, without fear of contradiction I will state you are presently the 8th best team in SL or the 5th worst you choose.

6 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Live in the here and now Chris not in the past, having a winning team with the golden generation means rag all now, without fear of contradiction I will state you are presently the 8th best team in SL or the 5th worst you choose.

The point which you seem to have totally missed is that Leeds do and have paid transfer fees, and if you want to look just in the here and now it seems they are doing again with Croft.

The idea that Leeds are ‘tight’ is just nonsense.

• Like 1

On 13/08/2022 at 10:38, Mumby Magic said:

Strictly unconfirmed, strictly rumours at this moment, strictly not made up. 😜

Bulls 

AJ Wallace to Cas 

Crossley to Keighley

Ant Walker to Widnes 

Dawson Jones to Sheffield

Plus Patton to be let go.

I would think Patton could retire, Howe I think he could do another season in League 1 and be an asset to a team there if only for his experience.

24 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

The point which you seem to have totally missed is that Leeds do and have paid transfer fees, and if you want to look just in the here and now it seems they are doing again with Croft.

The idea that Leeds are ‘tight’ is just nonsense.

I have missed nothing, screw on your intelligent head and read back, I light heartedly made a comment that whatever Leeds have spent it doesn't reflect on your on-field performances, calm down love!

12 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

I have missed nothing, screw on your intelligent head and read back, I light heartedly made a comment that whatever Leeds have spent it doesn't reflect on your on-field performances, calm down love!

And the point I made was that it has reflected in our in field performances, not this season though but then again we didn’t pay any transfer fees this year 😉 

I’m perfectly calm btw

• Sad 1

15 hours ago, idrewthehaggis said:

Looking at the numbers, I can't see how they would be in a quandry.  OK they have 'lost' 300k' but they raised over 350k from lots of new owners plus the extra on the food etc.  Or are they going to admit that they were in deep and they needed the 350k to stay afloat last season yet award massive contracts.  If Paul King has stated he mortgaged his house then I would suggest my intuition won't be far away from the truth.  Looks like the 'Owners' might get asked for some more money this season and it wasn't a one off after all.  I of course hope this doesn't happen but it seems Salfords idea of transparency is a bit different to everyone elses.

Here we go again .....