The Transfer Rumour Mill Thread

Andy Ackers to Leeds along with Croft.

If true that’s some serious business done by Leeds to get a totally new spine in one off season.

Miller

Croft

Frawley

Ackers

Add in Momoirosvki and Leeds backline and halves and hooking options are looking much better

Edited by Chrispmartha
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

If true that’s some serious business done by Leeds to get a totally new spine in one off season.

Miller

Croft

Frawley

Ackers

Add in Momoirosvki and Leeds backline and halves and hooking options are looking much better

leeds did hve one none federation space still available  so quite possibe

A couple of players heading out the door at Wigan.

Smithies looks set to join Canberra for next season, which probably explains the recruitment and retention of so many middle forwards over the last few months.

Young academy prop Kavan Rothwell has joined Leigh on a one-year deal.

8 minutes ago, idrewthehaggis said:

Erm Ackers? Don't tell that is from a certain client journalist? 

Nene MacDonald signs for Salford. Officially from the club.

To be fair to Matt Shaw, he csn get rumours wrong but when he says it’s a done deal it’s pretty much slways true.

Good luck with Nene you might need it.

36 minutes ago, idrewthehaggis said:

Matt Shaws hit rate is probably the best of any RL journalist. Leigh have announced 7 signings this week and Matt Shaw has broke the news on 6 of them going back months.

Salford fans seem to hate him since he made an article questioning the share scheme, but considering the financial issues SRD is currently experiencing I'd say he's been pretty vindicated in those comments if I'm honest.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LeytherRob said:

Matt Shaws hit rate is probably the best of any RL journalist. Leigh have announced 7 signings this week and Matt Shaw has broke the news on 6 of them going back months.

Salford fans seem to hate him since he made an article questioning the share scheme, but considering the financial issues SRD is currently experiencing I'd say he's been pretty vindicated in those comments if I'm honest.

Matt is the only one for me too, yes he gets things wrong but he’s more on it than bower or the numpty gledhill 🤣🤣

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rovers13 said:

Matt is the only one for me too, yes he gets things wrong but he’s more on it than bower or the numpty gledhill 🤣🤣

Bowers not bad IMO, i do like some of his deep dive stuff on his personal site and i think the frequency and quality of original journalism of LoveRugbyLeague has improved since he joined them. It's the SARL guys that ruin it for everyone IMO, including the once respectable publications they are now tarnishing. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, LeytherRob said:

Bowers not bad IMO, i do like some of his deep dive stuff on his personal site and i think the frequency and quality of original journalism of LoveRugbyLeague has improved since he joined them. It's the SARL guys that ruin it for everyone IMO, including the once respectable publications they are now tarnishing. 

Yeah I’ve nothing against bower I just think Matt is better but both those rarely post anything unless they get it ratified etc. 

4 hours ago, Chrispmartha said:

To be fair to Matt Shaw, he csn get rumours wrong but when he says it’s a done deal it’s pretty much slways true.

Good luck with Nene you might need it.

Actually I was thinking of the one who says he is the clarion caller of the sport. 

So fun n games Indeed.

Martyn of this parish, Davidson, Carter and Bower are good and proper journos.. Best was Hadfield imo.

Edited by idrewthehaggis
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, EagleEyePie said:

A couple of players heading out the door at Wigan.

Smithies looks set to join Canberra for next season, which probably explains the recruitment and retention of so many middle forwards over the last few months.

Young academy prop Kavan Rothwell has joined Leigh on a one-year deal.

Big signing for Canberra next year if true, He's a fantastic player in defense and work-rate and pretty much what Canberra needed after Elliot left. They've had Horsbrough at 13 who is a great player but he is a prop definitely not a genuine 13 with high work rate.

8 hours ago, Chrispmartha said:

Miller

Croft

Frawley

Ackers

Leed's Backline looking really strong. Hopefully, they have a good year after this year.

12 hours ago, idrewthehaggis said:

I would be totally piffed off if I was a Salford fan, especially one who donated money to the cause, who's next do you reckon, Brierley, Watkins or even Rowley?

2 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

I would be totally piffed off if I was a Salford fan, especially one who donated money to the cause, who's next do you reckon, Brierley, Watkins or even Rowley?

Just to clarify that crowd funder will be a mechanism to apply for additional funds now that Salford is a CBS as opposed to being a personal fiefdom of rich boys.

It is supported by SCC and GM Elected Mayors Paul Dennett and Andy Burnham and is more likely to be processed hopefully under a Labour government. 

It will be finalised on SCC buying Peel's half ownership of the stadium, which because of erm local Tory machinations has been delayed till the next fiscal year.

That money will not be for players wages. Community development, club organization, facilities yes, but not the salaries of the latest Aussie import. It though will release current funds spent on operations for team development.

I hope that clarifies this.

As for feeling "piffed" as you describe it, well feeling distressed, demoralized, disappointed or dismayed is all part of supporting Salford.

So same old same kidder.

Edited by idrewthehaggis

15 hours ago, Chrispmartha said:

Miller

Croft

Frawley

Ackers

If was a Leeds fan I’d been very happy with those signings 

Lachlan Miller was second in the NRL this year for average tackle Breaks only behind Greg Marzhew. He’s a superb kick returner who can run the football for days. Reminds me of Jai Field.

Croft is Obviously Fantastic, Superb running game for a half, kicks and passes very well and understands the game superbly

Frawley has been great for Canberra this year, pushing Jack Wighton out of his position, very smart player who can kick very well. Scored a crucial try against Newcastle in the quarter finals to send it to golden point.

Andy Ackers is one of the best hookers in SL, great passing game and  an elusive running game.

Paul Momirovski hasn’t been able to lock down a spot for the roosters, has been with a shoulder injury for basically the whole year, but he is a very solid centre who had a fantastic year for Penrith in 2021, winning the premiership.

41 minutes ago, Nothus said:

So what was the issue with Leeds if Nene is coming back to the UK? Can't have been homesick/young family issues like many assumed?

He was never homesick, there wasn’t family issues, he just didn’t return from his planned paternity leave and didn’t tell the club, he then said he’d done nothing wrong, this along with him allegedly not turning up for training and being late all the time added up to Leeds getting rid.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nothus said:

So what was the issue with Leeds if Nene is coming back to the UK? Can't have been homesick/young family issues like many assumed?

My only guess is that he was trying to get an NRL deal and it then fell through.