Jump to content

Batley (H)


Wakefield Ram
 Share

Recommended Posts


We just want a performance that we can be proud of, win or lose. I have no doubt that Liam will be reminding them of the Headingley debacle and the need for personal pride.

  • Like 2

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

We just want a performance that we can be proud of, win or lose. I have no doubt that Liam will be reminding them of the Headingley debacle and the need for personal pride.

He said as much in his post match interview.

We supporters all want the same as you BSJ.

  • Like 2
Legs, Dews, Legs.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'd like to see a "f.U.#% It" attitude in this game... Just have a right go and the devil be damned

As long as we don't conseed 100 like those overpaid clowns of North Yorkshire... Utter embarrassment 

Let's put a show on for premier sports... As we're not gonna be on for a very long time 🤔

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, graham fisher said:

Could be a while before you get another chance sadly ☹️

119 days until Boxing Day.

  • Haha 1

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, coolie said:

I'd like to see a "f.U.#% It" attitude in this game... Just have a right go and the devil be damned

As long as we don't conseed 100 like those overpaid clowns of North Yorkshire... Utter embarrassment 

Let's put a show on for premier sports... As we're not gonna be on for a very long time 🤔

How come Bsj never jumps on your spelling mistakes and grammatical errors? Is he your brother?

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, J Phil Loxton said:

How come Bsj never jumps on your spelling mistakes and grammatical errors? Is he your brother?

Carer.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 8

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Blind side johnny said:

Carer.

I'm reporting you then, coz he gets out far too much!

  • Haha 5

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Thanks 1

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tonight, with Batley trying to get back to winning ways, let’s see if we can prolong that until next week. 
 

Dewsbury 21-18 Batley

FTS: Dixon 

MoM: Sykes

Att: 1011

Unfortunately I will not be there to witness the event, but will hope to hear commentary on HWD Hospital Broadcasting. 

Legs, Dews, Legs.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Crown Flatter said:

How on earth did we manage to lose it?

Lack of composure near the line and Sykes' sin binning. But overall looked a lot sharper on attack, shame we couldn't repeat the first half performance in the second.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

At half time you'd have thought our league positions were the wrong way round but normal service was resumed 2nd half. Perhaps see you all again in a couple of seasons. Tara for now!

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Piggy's mate said:

At half time you'd have thought our league positions were the wrong way round but normal service was resumed 2nd half. Perhaps see you all again in a couple of seasons. Tara for now!

If Sykes could stay on the pitch, it might have been a different story. Hope you don't lose too many of your better players.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Wakefield Ram said:

If Sykes could stay on the pitch, it might have been a different story. Hope you don't lose too many of your better players.

Hope you save some boot sale £££ so you dont have to borrow all the players you did tonight, dont forget your bucket and spade for cornwall trip..:kolobok_good:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, silverback said:

Hope you save some boot sale £££ so you dont have to borrow all the players you did tonight, dont forget your bucket and spade for cornwall trip..:kolobok_good:

Knowing our luck it will be in March!!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, silverback said:

Hope you save some boot sale £££ so you dont have to borrow all the players you did tonight, dont forget your bucket and spade for cornwall trip..:kolobok_good:

At least we will have a chance of winning a trophy 😁 enjoy your trip to Leigh. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Did anybody watch on the telly? Would like to know if Sykes did anything that merited a sin bin. I didn't see anything wrong with the tackle at the time, but then my point of view may have been a bit biased just then.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...