Toulouse out of pocket again

1 minute ago, binosh said:

They did get an advantage though why can’t you accept the facts? They only played 66% of the games of the rest of the league.

E46B351E-51C9-4AF6-86F2-B6C33991CD4B.jpeg

Would you be happy if your team only played away matches next year? And with next to no away fans? Having flown to get there?

The fact is that they played less games, not that it is an advantage.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, glossop saint said:

Would you be happy if your team only played away matches next year? And with next to no away fans? Having flown to get there?

The fact is that they played less games, not that it is an advantage.

So you are legitimately telling me playing 33% less league games and opting out of the challenge cup is not an advantage?

12 minutes ago, steve oates said:

TBF Leigh have never disgraced themselves when promoted, and have often missed out staying up by a narrow margin. Lenegan knows this and has advocated P & R every two years as the solution.  He wants the Wigan.v.Leigh derbies, the crowds and the excitement, as most fans want...............

https://www.totalrl.com/lenagan-welcomes-toulouse-to-super-league/

After Lenagan introduced Elstone into the sport,recently, at great cost,and isn't a fan of 'jeopardy',it may be beneficial to treat his words with caution.( Better still,ignore him.) 

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

14 minutes ago, binosh said:

So you are legitimately telling me playing 33% less league games and opting out of the challenge cup is not an advantage?

If those 33% of games were away games, or even a mix, then it is an advantage. As all home games then much less so. And as a club to lose that number of home games, to lose the income, the fans, sponsorship etc is definitely not an advantage.

Again, would you and your club be happy only playing away from home, with no fans, having flown to get there?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, The Future is League said:

How many new subscribers did Leigh bring when they was in Super League?

How many new fans did they bring to the club?

How many new subscribers will either Leigh or Fev bring to Super League in they are promoted?

How many new fans will either of these clubs bring to Super League?

After discussions with my subscriptions contact at Sky he tells me that The numbers within 10 miles of LSV increased by 6572 which equates to circa £3.1m to Sky. He also stated that production costs are much lower from LSV due to the facilities. 
LCRLFC official attendances show an increase of over 3200 per home game

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Angelic Cynic said:

https://www.totalrl.com/lenagan-welcomes-toulouse-to-super-league/

After Lenagan introduced Elstone into the sport,recently, at great cost,and isn't a fan of 'jeopardy',it may be beneficial to treat his words with caution.( Better still,ignore him.) 

Wigans second highest gate of the season has been v Leigh

2 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

After discussions with my subscriptions contact at Sky he tells me that The numbers within 10 miles of LSV increased by 6572 which equates to circa £3.1m to Sky. He also stated that production costs are much lower from LSV due to the facilities. 

We can all make stuff up. 

• Like 1

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

13 hours ago, Adelaide Tiger said:

Surely the sensible way forward is

1. for the RFL/SL to ring fence ‘x’ amount of SKY money for travel to France.  If any SL is that desperate for say £30k then they should be kicked out of SL.

But the cost can be dramatically reduced if - 

1.  The game can create a partnership with an Airline operator for free flights or reduced cost flights

2.  SL guarantee that ALL regular season games in France are NOT subject to change of dates therefore IF a partnership with an Airline operator is secured then seats can be reserved/booked well in advance of the start of the season

3.  if a partnership with an Airline operator is agreed then you could have a maximum of 26 people per club  - 18 players, 5/6 coaching staff plus 2/3 others - flying to France next season on just 13 occasions (potential play off games could also be part of an agreement).  That is an absolute minuscule amount of cost to an Airline operator for sponsoring an elite competition event.

4. if the flight times of an agreed partnership mean one overnight stay then organise a partnership with a local hotel.  For one nights kip you don’t need the Ritz!

Is it really beyond the abilities of SL and Catalans to sort this out (why can’t I find an emoji that is saying feck me!

Not bad for a Cas lad Ian.

We've even got the perfect airline to approach, headquartered in Leeds and takes literally millions of northerners away on holiday every year. They fly to Girona, just like the majority of SL fans visiting Perpignan and they used to have a route from Manchester to Toulouse.

13 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

Yeah sure. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, The Future is League said:

How many new subscribers did Leigh bring when they was in Super League?

How many new fans did they bring to the club?

How many new subscribers will either Leigh or Fev bring to Super League in they are promoted?

How many new fans will either of these clubs bring to Super League?

Even if the number is 0, it's equal to the number that Catalan or TOXIII bring.

A quick perusal of Leigh's attendances would suggest it's about 3,000

At least as many as Catalan or TOXIII

Between 4,000 and 6,000, of whom about 1/3 will travel to away games.

I personally think Super League is a better competition for having Catalan and more recently TOXIII.  But the harsh commercial reality is that 15 years on from Catalan entering the competition, we are not generating any financial return on their participation. Nor is the French national team any closer to providing England with a competitive international game.

At some point we do need to question if having French teams in the competition is the right thing to do.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, glossop saint said:

If those 33% of games were away games, or even a mix, then it is an advantage. As all home games then much less so. And as a club to lose that number of home games, to lose the income, the fans, sponsorship etc is definitely not an advantage.

Again, would you and your club be happy only playing away from home, with no fans, having flown to get there?

Give over, last year their players were fresh as daisies every time they turned up for a game.

It won't have been a massive financial drain. Don't forget that they were only getting about 1000 home fans playing at Blagnac. 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, David Shepherd said:

Give over, last year their players were fresh as daisies every time they turned up for a game.

It won't have been a massive financial drain. Don't forget that they were only getting about 1000 home fans playing at Blagnac. 

And yet no one is prepared to say that they would be happy with their own club in that situation.

Kick the French teams out and let the sport become a semi-professional and played only in the North. IMG should give the fans what they want good and hard.

1 minute ago, glossop saint said:

And yet no one is prepared to say that they would be happy with their own club in that situation.

Not really relevant. It was what it was.

I had no problem with the way the competition was structured last year. It was a result of the tyranny of the French and UK governments restricting the lives of their citizens. But to pretend it wasn't a massive helping hand to TOXIII's promotion campaign is bordering on delusional.

I know for a fact that Fev wanted to play the postponed fixture in Blagnac at the end of the season once our respective governments decided they could trust us to leave the country again.  TOXIII refused, make of that what you will.

Not participating in the cup doesn't sit well with me either and they opted out of that long before the Chinese started tinkering with viruses in a lab.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, binosh said:

Playing all your games away in a foreign country is a massive disadvantage. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, David Shepherd said:

Not really relevant. It was what it was.

I had no problem with the way the competition was structured last year. It was a result of the tyranny of the French and UK governments restricting the lives of their citizens. But to pretend it wasn't a massive helping hand to TOXIII's promotion campaign is bordering on delusional.

I know for a fact that Fev wanted to play the postponed fixture in Blagnac at the end of the season once our respective governments decided they could trust us to leave the country again.  TOXIII refused, make of that what you will.

Not participating in the cup doesn't sit well with me either and they opted out of that long before the Chinese started tinkering with viruses in a lab.

On your last point, TO already have to pay everyone to go over there (as we now know circa £0.5m a year, plus their own travel of presumably the same amount) so it’s no wonder they don’t enter the cup. A tie against Hunslet or whoever isn’t even going to cover their costs, far from it. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, NW10LDN said:

Kick the French teams out and let the sport become a semi-professional and played only in the North. IMG should give the fans what they want good and hard.

The North is a bit expansive tbf, I’d prefer the M62 corridor but excluding Liverpool and Manchester. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Eddie said:

The North is a bit expansive tbf, I’d prefer the M62 corridor but excluding Liverpool and Manchester. 

Maybe a few clubs in Cumbria as well.

13 minutes ago, Eddie said:

On your last point, TO already have to pay everyone to go over there (as we now know circa £0.5m a year, plus their own travel of presumably the same amount) so it’s no wonder they don’t enter the cup. A tie against Hunslet or whoever isn’t even going to cover their costs, far from it. 

Catalan manage it. 

15 minutes ago, Eddie said:

and Leigh’s catering for away teams and officials costs £8m pa, who pays for that?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

and Leigh’s catering for away teams and officials costs £8m pa, who pays for that?

What’s Degsy serving? Wagyu filet mignon with truffles, caviar and edible gold flakes. Washed down with Dom Perignan. All served by waiters on the hourly rate that premiership footballers get?

8 minutes ago, doc said:

That must be some buffet!😁

They do host Bradford's forwards tbf, as do the rest of the Championship clubs. 😂

• Haha 1

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb