Building for next season

town2018

1 hour ago, Town67 said:

O’brien, thompson, Henson, Barnes, Bickerdike, Scholey, Steele and doran is the base for next years side, dunno how we get the quality in to go with them 

Barnes leaving 

Obrien henson scholey and doran all go haven if the talk of the terraces is accurate and who can blame them.

53 minutes ago, Derwent Parker said:

Plus Fitzsimmons and i would still keep the wingers - Alex Y again chased down and stopped a certain try once again

The wingers are travelling lads which will cost the club more money than a local lad who I think could do just as good of a job and the route we need to go down is local 

16 minutes ago, havenhater said:

Barnes leaving 

Obrien henson scholey and doran all go haven if the talk of the terraces is accurate and who can blame them.

Don’t want Doran we seen today he’s not the same player he was and not being disrespectful but he’s not fit enough for the championship I would take Henson but we are blessed with very good hookers unless some call it a day and scholey ain’t good enough for this level and that’s why they are relegated from this division obrien is a very good player by the way 

9 minutes ago, Havenfan13 said:

Don’t want Doran we seen today he’s not the same player he was and not being disrespectful but he’s not fit enough for the championship I would take Henson but we are blessed with very good hookers unless some call it a day and scholey ain’t good enough for this level and that’s why they are relegated from this division obrien is a very good player by the way 

I'd have Doran if he lost some weight and re-gained that spark he had a few seasons ago. Was it under Leon Pryce reign when he lost weight and was brilliant that season? If he got like that again he'd be an asset to any team.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Havenfan13 said:

Would have scholey and doran gotta remember scholey only returned from long term injury hardly played last 2 seasons

3 minutes ago, Neutralfan7 said:

I'd have Doran if he lost some weight and re-gained that spark he had a few seasons ago. Was it under Leon Pryce reign when he lost weight and was brilliant that season? If he got like that again he'd be an asset to any team.

He's had some great spells under both Pryce and Thorman, but all of that was in League 1, he's struggled in the Championship but haven't they all? 

3 minutes ago, donald said:

Would have scholey and doran gotta remember scholey only returned from long term injury hardly played last 2 seasons

He’s not big enough Donald every game I’ve seen him he grafts hard to get me wrong he doesn’t get the meteres a prop should and u need that in this league look at Tom walker today he was like a freight train that’s the difference same with Tomposh he wasn’t good enough for haven or big enough that’s why he left sorry I’m not being disrespectful to town it’s just I don’t want players who are relagated from the division how will they improve us maybe next season they will be brilliant at league 1 level I hope they are and town can get back up with us but for us to get mid table next year these players aren’t the answer pal

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Marrafan said:

Whitehaven don’t get a lot out of kids going to Newcastle, Wigan etc either. At least it gives kids an alternative to spending endless hours in a car travelling to academies that will then cherry pick. It’s a shame Town turned down the opportunity of making it a West Cumbria one. 

This is what I'm getting at, neither club have any ambition to do as what barrow has achieved. But happy to help Hull. 

Walker, Litten, Hookem, Barron we’re all loaned to Haven because of the set up. The end game is Haven get a Academy, Girls team and a conveyor of talent that can be looked at not Just by Haven but Hull to. The numbers at training coming from all clubs Seaton to Brow to Millom is showing there’s need for something at least  to be looked at. If Hull want to be the ones putting substantial funds into a Cumbrian ran academy then so be it. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Haven Rugby League said:

Walker, Litten, Hookem, Barron we’re all loaned to Haven because of the set up. The end game is Haven get a Academy, Girls team and a conveyor of talent that can be looked at not Just by Haven but Hull to. The numbers at training coming from all clubs Seaton to Brow to Millom is showing there’s need for something at least  to be looked at. If Hull want to be the ones putting substantial funds into a Cumbrian ran academy then so be it. 

Exactly this, I honestly dont know where JMB sees a problem.

Say there are 25 players in the Hull scheme at Haven, 2 or 3 will maybe go to Hull Academy but they would probably be good enough to end up in a SL Academy anyway so nothing lost to haven or the area.

The remaining players will benefit from professional coaching and hopefully end up better players than they maybe would have been. Just because they werent deemed good enough for Hull at 16-17 doesnt mean they wont be good enough for Haven, or even going back to amateur at hensingham or kells etc.

Then a year or 2 down the line hopefully the cumbrian lads get kept on at Hull and play in SL, but if not they would return to Haven much better players. When you look at town and Haven most of our best players have returned after being in SL academies, town with Caine and Doran (wigan) and fitzy (cas) and haven with walker (wire) and bulman (hull?).

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Town Army said:

He's had some great spells under both Pryce and Thorman, but all of that was in League 1, he's struggled in the Championship but haven't they all? 

Doesnt look fit but having said that no half can play behind a beaten pack as we have been all season unfortunately, small and mobile strategy proved inadequate

21 hours ago, Carlisle1921 said:

Exactly this, I honestly dont know where JMB sees a problem.

Say there are 25 players in the Hull scheme at Haven, 2 or 3 will maybe go to Hull Academy but they would probably be good enough to end up in a SL Academy anyway so nothing lost to haven or the area.

The remaining players will benefit from professional coaching and hopefully end up better players than they maybe would have been. Just because they werent deemed good enough for Hull at 16-17 doesnt mean they wont be good enough for Haven, or even going back to amateur at hensingham or kells etc.

Then a year or 2 down the line hopefully the cumbrian lads get kept on at Hull and play in SL, but if not they would return to Haven much better players. When you look at town and Haven most of our best players have returned after being in SL academies, town with Caine and Doran (wigan) and fitzy (cas) and haven with walker (wire) and bulman (hull?).

My point is, if ether Haven or Town had any ambitions in bringing the local youngsters through in to the semi pro game, they should have implemented the same programme that Barrow have implemented, both had the chance.

I know there is a short term financial problem but with all this talk of losing our better players, hope the board also fully acknowledge importance of having a team that can compete next year. Because RL review by the business minded IMG is due next year and from following season almost certain there will be only two leagues. So what would happen to Town if don't do well next year?

On 04/09/2022 at 21:18, havenhater said:

Barnes leaving 

I’d be amazed if haven wanted any other than Marcus off that list.

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

31 minutes ago, wonky said:

I’d be amazed if haven wanted any other than Marcus off that list.

It's all hear say Caine has contract for next year, why would Jamie go to Haven after all the ###### that was shouted at him. Stevie scholey one man club player can't see him moving. If they do move surely Haven will have to lose players. UTT

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, pgilmour said:

It's all hear say Caine has contract for next year, why would Jamie go to Haven after all the ###### that was shouted at him. Stevie scholey one man club player can't see him moving. If they do move surely Haven will have to lose players. UTT

Losing king evans nikau and martin and rumours callum will be retiring with the injury he's got and god knows about newts