Wilkin

20 hours ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

No it doesn't. It was a disgusting comment from a grub ex-player who seems intent on being a grub pundid.

Phil Clark was spot on, if what Myler did is to be admired the game is dead.

20 hours ago, Jughead said:

As for “disgusting comments” wasn’t it Phil who said that Rob Burrow deserved to be injured? He’s still in a job. 

I love a good 'I'm more disgusted by what your guy said than your disgusted by what my guy said' argument. 

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

12 hours ago, Loiner said:

You have absolutely no idea what went on with myler and his wife, you only have her version of it. If you don't like him as a player fine but don't comment on his private life you nothing about.

People are entitled to their opinion. Maybe it's time Leeds fans stop defending him and making themselves look a little bit silly.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, SalfordSlim said:

People are entitled to their opinion. Maybe it's time Leeds fans stop defending him and making themselves look a little bit silly.

If I was still obsessed with a player who left my club 13 years ago I'd perhaps feel a little more foolish to be honest.

1 hour ago, SalfordSlim said:

I'm not defending him at all. All I'm saying is his private life is his own business, maybe you should stop this obsession with myler and stop yourself looking a bit silly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, M j M said:

If I was still obsessed with a player who left my club 13 years ago I'd perhaps feel a little more foolish to beEx honest.

Exactly my point MjM

1 hour ago, M j M said:

If I was still obsessed with a player who left my club 13 years ago I'd perhaps feel a little more foolish to be honest.

Obsession? Nah he just gets the warm welcome he deserves every time he comes back to Salford. He's done plenty since he left the club to further his love affair with the fans so we're more than happy to reciprocate the love. Lovely fella.👍

On 26/08/2022 at 13:44, M j M said:

It was Danny McGuire but yes. He's happy to be involved in the sort of sport where a commentator thinks players deserve  injury but thinks Richie Myler playing for a penalty is outrageous.

But it isn't what he actually said, history rewrite by Leeds supporters.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

3 minutes ago, Padge said:

But it isn't what he actually said, history rewrite by Leeds supporters.

"McGuire's injury could well act as a lesson to any other player watching that it doesn't pay to cheat," wrote presenter Clarke on the Sky Sports website.

"Perhaps the rugby gods have punished him for his unsportsmanlike play."

What do you think he meant?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

"McGuire's injury could well act as a lesson to any other player watching that it doesn't pay to cheat," wrote presenter Clarke on the Sky Sports website.

And let's remember that's a pie eater  talking about a game involving Wigan, a club whose list of grotesque transgressions from Skerrett to Cowie to Flower are a literal Who's Who of Rugby League's most notorious moments of cheating and foul play.

Yet it's Danny McGuire and Richie Myler that have strangely prompted his most famous outbursts of indignation.

11 hours ago, Chrispmartha said:

Kama, he certainly didn't say "I'm glad he got injured" nor meant it.

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

11 hours ago, M j M said:

And let's remember that's a pie eater  talking about a game involving Wigan, a club whose list of grotesque transgressions from Skerrett to Cowie to Flower are a literal Who's Who of Rugby League's most notorious moments of cheating and foul play.

Yet it's Danny McGuire and Richie Myler that have strangely prompted his most famous outbursts of indignation.

Well if we are going down the route of listing dirty players at various clubs then get the popcorn, this will be a long thread.

On 26/08/2022 at 20:01, Loiner said:

You have absolutely no idea what went on with myler and his wife, you only have her version of it. If you don't like him as a player fine but don't comment on his private life you nothing about.

I agree 100% with that,it's THEIR business no one else's. We don't need to know either, it's supposed to be Rugby League we're interested in.

• Like 1

On 26/08/2022 at 11:28, Jughead said:

As for “disgusting comments” wasn’t it Phil who said that Rob Burrow deserved to be injured? He’s still in a job. 

36 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

MJM didnt say he said that PCsaid he was glad he got injured.

To solve the argument, it was Jughead who first brought it up, albeit naming the wrong player. 

1 hour ago, Padge said:

Well if we are going down the route of listing dirty players at various clubs then get the popcorn, this will be a long thread.

OK to keep it simple we'll just stick with numbers 1 and 2 on the all time Super League table of moments of thuggery.

19 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

To solve the argument, it was Jughead who first brought it up, albeit naming the wrong player. 

Same point applies.

no where does it say ‘happy’.

it was a crass comment from Clarke especially as McGuire later said his injury happened before he tugged the shirt and it was a reaction to the injury not the other way round.

22 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Now your spoiling it, if you are limiting the history to just SL.

Indeed.  The best of Rugby League nutcasery was all before Super League.

Plenty to choose from but my favourite is the Cullen Goodway one as I was in the stand right where it happened.  I know we are supposed to be all sensible and frown at such things now but it was great fun.

• Like 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Nothing beats people getting all precious about other clubs and completely ignoring the actions of people that have played for their own club. All clubs have had dirty players and ####### so its silly to try and pretend some clubs are worse than others just because you have a serious dislike of a club.

6 hours ago, Damien said:

Nothing beats people getting all precious about other clubs and completely ignoring the actions of people that have played for their own club.

I agree, it was embarrassing by Phil Clarke.

• 2 weeks later...