Sun 25th Sept: Ch SF: Leigh Centurions v York City Knights KO 14:00 (Premier Sports)

Who will win?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leigh Centurions
    • York City Knights

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 25/09/22 at 13:30

1 hour ago, PEANUT HEAD said:

Credit too the york fans that travelled cheered there team till the end, and also credit yo ghe leigh fans that applauded them for there 2 trys. 

Usually do for players who didn't stop trying , well done to the York lads , I'd still take Jordan Thompson for another year , a true warrior who inspires those round him 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Usually do for players who didn't stop trying , well done to the York lads , I'd still take Jordan Thompson for another year , a true warrior who inspires those round him 

He’s an outstanding competitor.

• Like 1

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

7 minutes ago, Damien said:

Adrian Lam was Cronulla assistant in 2006 so he must have started playing at St Pats in 2003 aged 4, yeah right 😂. Fair play if Leigh pull it off but it would be a joke if the RFL approve.

I hear Leigh have called in a favour from St's for Mike Rush to put the case forward😉

• Haha 2

I'm watching the replay of this game and I have a question. At the start when the teams come onfield and line up with the kids in front of them, what club was that shirt the kids were wearing?

Green, yellow and black horizontal stripes. Nice-looking sports club jumper.

On 26/09/2022 at 23:53, Harry Stottle said:

That's true laws are laws, but hang on a mo, didn't he go back to junior RL in Sydney before coming to Leyth? Hope I'm wrong.

He played in the Group 6 competition with Thirlmere Roosters for a while before heading to Leigh.

• Thanks 1

I find some of the criticism about the way Leigh have done things a bit rich, given how much stick they took last time they joined SL at very short notice and were on a hiding to nothing. They've clearly decided that they weren't going to get caught out the same way again, and good luck to them, the owners have no doubt financed a fairly big loss this year to ensure they got promoted and I'm sure they have a plan for a squad to stay up.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, DACS said:

I find some of the criticism about the way Leigh have done things a bit rich, given how much stick they took last time they joined SL at very short notice and were on a hiding to nothing. They've clearly decided that they weren't going to get caught out the same way again, and good luck to them, the owners have no doubt financed a fairly big loss this year to ensure they got promoted and I'm sure they have a plan for a squad to stay up.

This is Leigh, they are damned if they do and damned if they don't.

As you say they were called last season finishing bottom - albeit some fans of other clubs vented their dissatisfaction at the reduced funding, and this season they have apparently speculated to much and spoiled the Championship.

5 hours ago, DACS said:

To be fair Leigh have only done what any other championship side would have done with the opportunities they had at their disposal .

• Like 2