Derek Beaumont: Leigh will win SL or Challenge Cup in 3-5 years

On 04/10/2022 at 12:49, Ragingbull said:

I remember his interview with Brian Carney during the opening game of the 2021 season where he proclaimed no one would be talking about Leigh and relegation after 6 games in. How did that work out? 

Hes an obnoxious big mouthed wazzock. 

Who owns a cup winning team. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

By the law of averages one club owner was going to come out with a similar, as they all do,  statement and eventually be right.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

On 10/07/2023 at 14:14, Harry Stottle said:

Yes Dav I have enjoyed reading it back, and I didn't quote everyone I have only quoted 2 people I have left you out when so easily I could have quoted you - you should really look back before making assumptions, as for getting out have you no work to go to?

Probably school 🚸

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Padge said:

By the law of averages one club owner was going to come out with a similar, as they all do,  statement and eventually be right.

Not averages, it just needed one who knew what they were doing. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Padge said:

Pity it was Derek though Padge, when others have made such statements they have been misguided, when he made the statement he was obnoxious, deluded, big mouthed and a wassock, well he can subconsciously put two fingers up to those numpties with a smile. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Pity it was Derek though Padge, when others have made such statements they have been misguided, when he made the statement he was obnoxious, deluded, big mouthed and a wassock, well he can subconsciously put two fingers up to those numpties with a smile. 

And all the SL clubs who graciously let him take Leigh into SL to make it work for them, but only gave him half the tv money. 

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Not averages, it just needed one who knew what they were doing. 

Beaumont has known no more what he has been doing than others, he is just the one were luck coincided.

Not knocking i, just another owner who made the same statements could have had a similar result but didn't

Don't forget Bo Derek has been there and failed.

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

26 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Coming over as an obnoxious, deluded, big mouthed and a wassock is more about how he presents himself and the image he gives out in general as opposed to his actual ability to deliver.

Didn't he completely fail previously.

He learned from previous experience about how to build an SL team and to survive. For that he deserves recognition, if he has any class he will put two fingers up to nobody, that is what you don't do.

Edited by Padge

8 minutes ago, Padge said:

Beaumont has known no more what he has been doing than others, he is just the one were luck coincided.

Not knocking i, just another owner who made the same statements could have had a similar result but didn't

Don't forget Bo Derek has been there and failed.

Really? He recruited a top class manager, top class players and did an off the wall re-brand that’s worked. I don’t think that’s luck, he’s learned from his experiences when it didn’t work. 

7 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Really? He recruited a top class manager, top class players and did an off the wall re-brand that’s worked. I don’t think that’s luck, he’s learned from his experiences when it didn’t work. 

That's the fekin point, he paid for top class, class with SL experience and over the odds for the championship. He previously paid for a team to win the championship but not good enough for SL and then was too late to build an SL side.

That sir is the lesson he learned, that is why this time they came up and competed, and that is what I have said for years that if you have P&R then the only way it works, for a rising side, is that they have an owner who can/will fund an SL side in the championship.

• Like 2

Just watched the game on i-player having avoided the result all weekend (sadly/thankfully all to easy to do). I don't think I've posted on this forum about DB before but I'll be honest that until recently I thought he was a bit of a kn0b but having seen his various recent interviews including the one immediately after the game, and also the obvious raw passion he has for the game and his club, and in spite of the fact that as a neutral I was leaning more toward HKR, I couldn't be more pleased for him. I think you'd have to be pretty cold hearted (or a HKR supporter!) not to share some of his joy.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, north yorks trinity said:

Just watched the game on i-player having avoided the result all weekend (sadly/thankfully all to easy to do). I don't think I've posted on this forum about DB before but I'll be honest that until recently I thought he was a bit of a kn0b but having seen his various recent interviews including the one immediately after the game, and also the obvious raw passion he has for the game and his club, and in spite of the fact that as a neutral I was leaning more toward HKR, I couldn't be more pleased for him. I think you'd have to be pretty cold hearted (or a HKR supporter!) not to share some of his joy.

Green eyed monster comes to mind with some fan's, he's talked the talk and is walking the walk can't knock him.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Padge said:

He learned from previous experience about how to build an SL team and to survive. For that he deserves recognition, if he has any class he will put two fingers up to nobody, that is what you don't do.

Well way did you not just write this, you let yourself down - once more - by your juvenile use of 'Bo Derek'.

Do you need explaining what 'subconsciously putting two fingers up' means?

28 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Well way did you not just write this, you let yourself down - once more - by your juvenile use of 'Bo Derek'.

Do you need explaining what 'subconsciously putting two fingers up' means?

Harry, Nowt wrong with Bo Derek. Even though she's getting on a bit, get Degsy to invite her to a game and get some tight Leopardprint on her. 

Mmmmm 😂😂😂😂👍