RLWC Attendance-O-Meter

1 minute ago, Toby Chopra said:

It's clear that some of the group games are overpriced, and will be undersold, but overall I'm not going to jump to conclusions yet. It's still quite possible that the England games and the knockout stage will sell well, even at the higher prices, and this will result in the most profitable world cup ever. 

It's perfectly plausible that this match will have generated more profit than any one of the better attended NZ group games from 2013.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

7 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

It's perfectly plausible that this match will have generated more profit than any one of the better attended NZ group games from 2013.

Maybe - and if so then of course that’s a good thing.

But it looks terrible, alienates fans and potential new followers. 

As with everything it’s a balance - and we’ve got it badly wrong on ticket prices. You can charge premium prices for a England games in big stadiums but not for everything else.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

10 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Perhaps we should measure gate receipts per game?

or double the price seat worth 2/3 spectators more  than  a discount spectator ?

1 minute ago, Spidey said:

Well I’m there and having a good time.

Well, look at you, not entering into the spirit of this forum at all.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

2 minutes ago, theswanmcr said:

As with everything it’s a balance - and we’ve got it badly wrong on ticket prices. You can charge premium prices for a England games in big stadiums but not for everything else.

Don't really disagree and I'd like to see more people in the grounds - especially facing the cameras - but we do also need to get money as the sport is looking a bit short of pots to widdle in.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Don't really disagree and I'd like to see more people in the grounds - especially facing the cameras - but we do also need to get money as the sport is looking a bit short of pots to widdle in.

i think a lot of people were refunded a lot of money and have not rebooked yet!

8 minutes ago, theswanmcr said:

Maybe - and if so then of course that’s a good thing.

But it looks terrible, alienates fans and potential new followers. 

My tickets for both Italy v Scotland and France v Greece cost me £15, which I don't think is unreasonable for a World Cup game.

• Like 8

Last new RL ground (96): Queensway Stadium - North Wales v South Wales 25/6/17

5 minutes ago, Black Country Wire said:

My tickets for both Italy v Scotland and France v Greece cost me £15, which I don't think is unreasonable for a World Cup game.

It's unreasonable in another sense, i.e. it's way too cheap for a World Cup match.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Black Country Wire said:

Yeah that’s great value and what (pretty much) all tickets should have been. Prices now - especially main stand seats - are way above this.

• Like 1

Wasn’t sure how much of this was hype, but with the cheapest adult ticket for France v Greece at Doncaster being £20, then I think it’s fair to say that the organisers have significantly overestimated a reasonable price given the product, the audience and the frequency of the matches. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tommygilf said:

How many games are there within an hour, even just half an hours travel from Warrington (including Warrington itself of course)?

This was predicted.

This could have been a game to have at say Leicester, Northampton or even Milton Keynes......New Zealand would have attracted a far bigger crowd than this if it had been 

Nonsense planning 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tommygilf said:

How many games are there within an hour, even just half an hours travel from Warrington (including Warrington itself of course)?

This was predicted.

Ticket price and too many games in small areas. 

In 2013 Warrington had 2 games. The first one sold out. The 2nd one dropped to 13k.

4 games at one ground, with 7 others within 5 miles is a disaster. 

Who could have predicted this outcome? 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Black Country Wire said:

There were no £15 tickets for Scotland v Italy. £20 was cheapest. 

Pretty demoralising thinking about a sell out at Warrington for New Zealand and Samoa in 2013 and less than 5.5K for New Zealand v Lebanon tonight.

Pricing and too many matches at the same venue and in neighbouring towns is looking like a major error.

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

I think the approach of trying to up income is right, but just charging a high amount won't work. 

These crowds are damaging to the brand and not giving sponsors a great return. 

People watching this on TV won't know about ticket prices, they will see RLWC games played in front of empty stands. 

• Like 8

I was in Newcastle yesterday, Headingley today and tomorrow I'm in Doncaster, then I'm back home to London. I'll be travelling to games every weekend, including stop overs. I'm putting my money where my mouth is... 

So I think I'm in a position to comment on ticket prices. They are too high. Plenty must be put off by the cost. 

• Like 9

1 minute ago, Black Country Wire said:

Says £15 on the ticket.

Which stand was that mate? Because Dutton guaranteed us that nobody will be getting discounts, and it was £20 to stand behind the sticks today 

1 minute ago, Number 16 said:

I think I'm in a position to comment on ticket prices. They are too high. Plenty must be put off by the cost. 

I thought that at the start but was encouraged by the "low availability" signs on the website, which was not entirely accurate!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dave T said:

Which stand was that mate? Because Dutton guaranteed us that nobody will be getting discounts, and it was £20 to stand behind the sticks today 

Was on the main stand to the left almost parallel with the posts.

Granted, moved to a better seat after kick off!

• Thanks 1

Last new RL ground (96): Queensway Stadium - North Wales v South Wales 25/6/17