RLWC Attendance-O-Meter

5 hours ago, Chrispmartha said:

Seems I've missed the rhinos offer so having to go through the official site.

I have an account already set up as I have bought corporate tickets and they were added in that account to download. I bought these over the phone when they were first released a couple of years ago (or whenever it was)

So trying to buy tickets for tomorrow, I sign in, select the match, select the ticket, click Add to basket - then nothing, it just takes me back to the add ticket page and there's nothing in my basket - has anyone else had anything like this, its a right pain

Edited to add Ive just noticed this message

"Your request exceeds the available tickets for the selected section/price category. Please try a different section or price category."

What does that mean, Im trying to buy a single seat?

I had the same issue for Bolton last weekend ao i took a punt and ended buying restricted view tickets instead.

Guess what, my view wasnt restricted in anyway and there were tons of empty seats in the stand I originally requested where the website was telling  me it was sold out!!  I ended up with miles better seats for less than the prce I was originally wanting to pay for tickets  that were "unavailable". Another case of lost income for the tournament organisers.

Edited by Ragingbull
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, Cowardly Fan said:

You seem very sensitive & critical at the same time which isn't a good mix.

If you're going to call them incompetent, then you should be prepared for people to critique your own views.

I suppose I am sensitive yes, but that's down to serious mental health problems that have dogged me for the last few years, so maybe I do talk rubbish. I just wasn't expecting to be ridiculed and expected to know as much about it as the people actually running and promoting the thing. 

I apologise. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ragingbull said:

I had the same issue for Bolton last weekend ao i took a punt and ended buying restricted view tickets instead.

Guess what, my view wasnt restricted in anyway and there were tons of empty seats in the stand I originally requested where the website was telling  me it was sold out!!  I ended up with miles better seats for less than the prce I was originally wanting to pay for tickets  that were "unavailable". Another case of lost income for the tournament organisers.

Well. I am very, very surprised. 

So, they didn't in fact sell restricted view tickets at £25, they just put some cheap tickets on sale. Something they have promised they won't do. 

I am shocked. 

Ive spoken to the corporate ticket guys and they have said that East stand seating  tickets for tonight are very limited but they should be available on the website, they are going to sort a ticket for me.

I must say they have been brilliant with any requests, shame the ticket site doesn't match their service!

53 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Well. I am very, very surprised. 

So, they didn't in fact sell restricted view tickets at £25, they just put some cheap tickets on sale. Something they have promised they won't do. 

I am shocked. 

They claimed the restricted views were due to handrails, which was a bit flimsy at best.  Modern stadiums don't have restricted views in the traditional sense

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Spidey said:

They claimed the restricted views were due to handrails, which was a bit flimsy at best.  Modern stadiums don't have restricted views in the traditional sense

It was no coincidence those £25 tickets weren't shown on the map. I suspect they were just getting whatever sales they could and giving people whatever. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, pahars said:

So we have £10 student tickets for Sheffield and £25 last minute tickets for Bolton but they are absolutely sticking to the model and not discounting? 

Student tickets have been on sale since day one. Students moving into various cities just before, less so.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pahars said:

Fair enough. First time I’d seen it pushed. 

Which is a shame, because  Sheffield, Newcastle, Leeds, Huddersfield, Bolton, Coventry, Hull, York etc. all have either thousands of university students, or tens of thousands. Easy target market to reach, and doesn't cannibalise your full-price sales elsewhere.

I wonder whether they could have gone to the individual student unions and pitched it as a fundraiser. We'll give £3 to your student rag (or to fund womens sport in your university, or whatever) for each £15 ticket you sell. Or reserved a couple of blocks at Bramall Lane for students and said - here's 1000 tickets with face value £25. Sell them to your students for whatever price you like and give us £10 000 at the end, whatever you take above that, you keep.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, JonM said:

Which is a shame, because  Sheffield, Newcastle, Leeds, Huddersfield, Bolton, Coventry, Hull, York etc. all have either thousands of university students, or tens of thousands. Easy target market to reach, and doesn't cannibalise your full-price sales elsewhere.

I wonder whether they could have gone to the individual student unions and pitched it as a fundraiser. We'll give £3 to your student rag (or to fund womens sport in your university, or whatever) for each £15 ticket you sell. Or reserved a couple of blocks at Bramall Lane for students and said - here's 1000 tickets with face value £25. Sell them to your students for whatever price you like and give us £10 000 at the end, whatever you take above that, you keep.

They have done this kind of cashback thing for groups and stuff before, so you would like to think it's an established model that they use. 

I dont want to detract from what has been and will continue to be a great world cup on the field but for months people on here have complained about the whole ticketing process ,in this day and age with modern technology how we have ended up with this baffles me. Dont know how we managed years ago for these sort of games, just rock up hand over your cash and find a spot on the terrace .

On a separate note I watched the arsenal ladies champions league game last night, only bottom 2 tiers open facing the camera,under 5500 in the ground but didnt appear too empty to the tv viewer 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Update in my ticket ordeal, they have just emailed me to say the website is now 'fixed' and Ive just checked and yes I can now get the ticket I wanted, not sure what the actual issue was!!

I wonder how many instances there are of games having issues and sales being affected and people being peed off. 

1 minute ago, Dave T said:

I wonder how many instances there are of games having issues and sales being affected and people being peed off. 

A lot I reckon, I was lucky that I had a contact to speak with but I can imagine a lot of people will think sod it Ill watch it on TV its obviously sold out! will be very interesting to see how Full the upper East stand is as its usually one of the last places to fill up at Headingley (bar the western terrace) so Ill be amazed (and delighted) if its close to full.

I do expect a fairly decent crowd for this one I think a lot of Leeds fans will have pencilled this one in to go and see, Friday night, no other games on that day, let's see!

Just now, Chrispmartha said:

A lot I reckon, I was lucky that I had a contact to speak with but I can imagine a lot of people will think sod it Ill watch it on TV its obviously sold out! will be very interesting to see how Full the upper East stand is as its usually one of the last places to fill up at Headingley (bar the western terrace) so Ill be amazed (and delighted) if its close to full.

I do expect a fairly decent crowd for this one I think a lot of Leeds fans will have pencilled this one in to go and see, Friday night, no other games on that day, let's see!

Wasn't it annoubced a few weeks ago they'd sold 10k? So hopefully it'll be like the Aussie game there. 

You would hope tonight's game has the best chance of a proper Headingley crowd. Friday night, the only game in Leeds this weekend, a top side in town and hopefully a decent encounter.

6k.

• Haha 1

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

7 minutes ago, Dave T said:

If you're thinking 15k, I expect 11 to 12k

What was the Australia Fiji attendance? Id be shocked if this wasn't higher - the Members offer seems to have sold out as its no longer available and I know quite a few people that this is the headingley game they have chosen to go to.

Mind you if they haven't been able to buy tickets because of the useless website I could be totally wrong

• Haha 1