RLWC Attendance-O-Meter

4 hours ago, GeordieSaint said:

Interesting comparison:

Lol ill be surprised if even one person has paid 70 quid for a ticket at Huddersfield. More money than sense if they have. I'm going to buy a £25 ticket and knowing the stadium very well I'm pretty confident I'll be able to easily walk straight in to the £70 area unchallenged.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Skinnywinger said:

Lol ill be surprised if even one person has paid 70 quid for a ticket at Huddersfield. More money than sense if they have. I'm going to buy a £25 ticket and knowing the stadium very well I'm pretty confident I'll be able to easily walk straight in to the £70 area unchallenged.

I must confess I did this at Australia v Italy last night. Perfect view right on the half way line.

• Like 1

Again, RLWC send me a promo e-mail for a game. Again, it's very close to the time of the event. This time, 1.09pm for a 2.30pm kick off between Tonga and Cook Islands. I like that they emphasise it's on my 'doorstep' - 1h 21mins Leeds to park up and be in the ground at Middlesbrough a bit of a push, sadly. Looking forward to getting something for the London SF while the anthems are playing. In seriousness, though, if they did send them the night before with a decent discount for prior custom, I'd be tempted. Not well thought through.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Yes I know , I was there , it was around 4 ish 

The 5,006 is probably tickets sold. 

I do think there are probably some tickets going unused. Two of mine for the game later have had to be passed on as the original people aren't really interested any more. I've loved the games, but the events are really for purists. 

1 minute ago, Dave T said:

The 5,006 is probably tickets sold. 

I do think there are probably some tickets going unused. Two of mine for the game later have had to be passed on as the original people aren't really interested any more. I've loved the games, but the events are really for purists. 

You might be right Dave , although I doubt it , after 14 years ( yes the LSV is that old ) you get a feeling for how many are in each stand 

Just now, GUBRATS said:

You might be right Dave , although I doubt it , after 14 years ( yes the LSV is that old ) you get a feeling for how many are in each stand 

I don't disagree with you, it's why I think it could be tickets sold (and I include those handed out to dancers, freebies etc). 

The reason I say that, is because the Combined Nations XIII game was announced as 9k if you remember, with seats sold out. They weren't. So we do absolutely do this. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Dave T said:

I don't disagree with you, it's why I think it could be tickets sold (and I include those handed out to dancers, freebies etc). 

The reason I say that, is because the Combined Nations XIII game was announced as 9k if you remember, with seats sold out. They weren't. So we do absolutely do this. 

It’s pretty standard that the attendances include no shows and its tickets sold.

Clubs do this with season ticket holders who don’t go.

13 minutes ago, Skinnywinger said:

Lol cos you're going to stay sat in the corner when there are a thousand empty seats for the picking on the half way line. 

I have stayed in the seat I have paid for plenty of times. It’s your choice what you do. 

2 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

So I'm right then 😉 , about 4 K in the LSV 

I'm not sure if you're not following, I agreed with you in my initial post. 

Not necessarily about 4k, I have no idea, but that the numbers announced are not always reflective of the number in the ground.