RLWC Attendance-O-Meter

2 minutes ago, Dave T said:

I'm not sure if you're not following, I agreed with you in my initial post. 

Not necessarily about 4k, I have no idea, but that the numbers announced are not always reflective of the number in the ground. 

I am following Dave , no shows or not , it is actually people in that we want , but I'll leave it here , it was a decent atmosphere , and everybody seemed to enjoy the game 

4 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Im sure you’ll be quite happy counting ticket sales rather than actual attendances next year at the LSV 😉

Hopefully I'll be counting the points The Leopards are in front and the minutes remaining ? 😉

2 hours ago, Skinnywinger said:

Lol ill be surprised if even one person has paid 70 quid for a ticket at Huddersfield. More money than sense if they have. I'm going to buy a £25 ticket and knowing the stadium very well I'm pretty confident I'll be able to easily walk straight in to the £70 area unchallenged.

We paid for the South stand at Headingly on Friday....we walked into the North stand.....near enough half way line half way up stand ....not possible at Brammal lane but wil be at the John Smith's that's for sure 

2 minutes ago, Skinnywinger said:

Still looks awful in a 30k stadium

It seems the alternative might be saints or wire in front of 4k, so worked out fine. Even Cumbria would not have got that. 

14 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

8342 at Middlesbrough 

I’m actually impressed.

You know, people might actually like this rugby league thing.

• Like 2

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

2 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

I’m actually impressed.

You know, people might actually like this rugby league thing.

Hopefully next time they go all 6k stadia for £10 a pop. 

1 hour ago, Dave T said:

I don't disagree with you, it's why I think it could be tickets sold (and I include those handed out to dancers, freebies etc). 

The reason I say that, is because the Combined Nations XIII game was announced as 9k if you remember, with seats sold out. They weren't. So we do absolutely do this. 

Without a doubt it's tickets sold/distributed. As it is for every other sport as far as I'm aware.

• Like 1

Just now, Cowardly Fan said:

Without a doubt it's tickets sold/distributed. As it is for every other sport as far as I'm aware.

Yes, I think there are some hefty freebies knocking around that are unused which maybe explains big differences. 

We had access to free tickets last week via neices dance school, and it was 5 tickets per kid, with uptake pretty modest. 

20 minutes ago, Skinnywinger said:

Still looks awful in a 30k stadium

Maybe some kids in that crowd will take up the game. Maybe some of the people attending will tell everyone they know how much fun they had and there'll be a bigger attendance the next time. Alternatively maybe they sat at home and counted empty seats. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Cowardly Fan said:

I’ll point out again that this was not the case for the women’s Euros - which is one of the tournaments we are measuring ourselves against.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

5 minutes ago, OriginalMrC said:

Maybe some kids in that crowd will take up the game. Maybe some of the people attending will tell everyone they know how much fun they had and there'll be a bigger attendance the next time. Alternatively maybe they sat at home and counted empty seats. 

Id prefer 8k in a non heartland stadium than the other two crowds today

• Like 4