First female referee for men’s World Cup match

Copa

51 minutes ago, DavidM said:

More than competent and experienced official … I see we’ve got Sutton for our game 

The sad emoji is for the Sutton appointment. Not Mrs Badgers.

I just know he is going to get the final too grrrr.

Edited by jacksy

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

1 minute ago, Gomersall said:

Isn’t she Gavin Badger’s daughter?

Wife I believe.

• Like 1

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

5 hours ago, Gomersall said:

Strewth! Who’d have thought Australia was the world leader in equal rights for men and women? 

Seriously, they were the second country to introduce votes for women after New Zealand.

They have always had a long association with women's rights. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SydneyRoosters said:

Pretty good ref, Reffed the roosters vs Raiders pre-Season game and did a good job. 👏

Belinda Sharpe the other female NRL referee did the Manly/Wests match the same day and she is there for the WC games too, together with a New Zealand lass.

• Like 1

Shouldn't even be a thread, shouldn't matter. But...

Go girl.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

7 hours ago, Padge said:

Shouldn't even be a thread, shouldn't matter. But...

Go girl.

Agree, it’ll be interesting to read the Twitter comments if she dares to make an error of judgment though. It’s bad enough when it’s a male ref. Conspiracy theorists will be out in force. And it’ll be the RFL’s fault too. 🥴

She had a great game on the line today. She was very attentive and eager to get in position. 

She spotted the foot in touch at the kick off.

Also her positioning was fantastic for the final Australian try where the ball was played back in play.

I am looking forward to seeing her on Monday.

• Like 2

On 21/10/2022 at 07:13, Gomersall said:

Agree, it’ll be interesting to read the Twitter comments if she dares to make an error of judgment though. It’s bad enough when it’s a male ref. Conspiracy theorists will be out in force. And it’ll be the RFL’s fault too. 🥴

People moan about the ref mate, it's been a constant for decades. I don't think having a female ref will change this and nor should it. If they moan about the ref, they should moan about the red regardless and not hold back "as it's a woman"

Hope that comes across as what point I'm trying to make. 

• Like 1