Women of Steel - BBC (Merged Threads)

Documentary about the Women's England RL team is on live tonight and available on iPlayer. I have just watched it and it's great. Inspiring, in fact. The dedication of the players is incredible. Their skill and ability goes without saying. Great advert for RL. Make sure you watch it.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

I've been looking forward to this becoming available.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m001dthl/women-of-steel 

Edited by Futtocks
  • Like 3

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Just watched it, definitely recommend we all do. 

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

Watched this earlier this evening. Really good watch. Huge respect and admiration to all the women and what they have to go through on a daily basis, between being parents, having a full-time job and playing Rugby League. Fingers crossed that they can go on and win the world cup.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, BroncoFan said:

How great would it be if they can get a crowd of 10,000 to their World Cup opener next week.

Isn't it 2.30 kick off on Tuesday afternoon? that's a big big task and a huge shame they couldn't have had an evening or weekend slot.

1 minute ago, daz39 said:

Isn't it 2.30 kick off on Tuesday afternoon? that's a big big task and a huge shame they couldn't have had an evening or weekend slot.

Yes it is. Still you can watch it on iPlayer,just stay away from anything that might give the results.

6 minutes ago, daz39 said:

Isn't it 2.30 kick off on Tuesday afternoon? 

It is.

So, they do all that's covered in the doc, and that's the level of respect they get from the tournament organisers.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

30 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

I think they have done this because they gave targeted schools which i believe are on half term? (I could be wrong)

But if the parents are at work, who will take them?

I watched the doc last night and if i lived back in the Shire, i'd absolutely want to go to the game. 

I wouldn't be taking an afternoon off though.

14:30 on a Tuesday! Who makes these decisions, my Uncle's stupid dog?

Running the Rob Burrow marathon to raise money for the My Name'5 Doddie foundation:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ben-dyas

54 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

I think they have done this because they gave targeted schools which i believe are on half term? (I could be wrong)

Leeds half term is this week according to the council's web site.

So we're showing our respect and commitment to the women's game by kicking off at 2.30pm on a normal, working Tuesday.

• Like 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

9 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

So we're showing our respect and commitment to the women's game by kicking off at 2.30pm on a normal, working Tuesday.

In an expected clusterfck of decision making, there is PNG v Canada at 5pm straight after.

Running the Rob Burrow marathon to raise money for the My Name'5 Doddie foundation:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ben-dyas

On 24/10/2022 at 19:09, Futtocks said:

I've been looking forward to this becoming available.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m001dthl/women-of-steel 

I watched it last night, after the match. It was as good as I hoped. Highly recommended.

• Like 2

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

12 hours ago, gingerjon said:

Exactly, i would have definitely gone had it not been!