1. 1. Who will win?

• England by 13 points or more
    • England by 7 to 12 points
    • England by 1 to 6 points
    • Canada by 1 to 6 points
    • Canada by 7 to 12 points
    • Canada by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/11/22 at 12:30

7 minutes ago, snapski said:

Watching these women play great rugby, just proves what an awful mess those in charge of Castleford made by not looking after our former players. Sickens me to be fair and yes i have told those at the club. 

Just thinking the same thing. Was a fab 80mins watching them. What a shame.

• Like 1

TESTICULI AD  BREXITAM.

Just now, SalfordSlim said:

Really enjoyable that. Looks like phase 2 of England treble complete after the Cricket👍 (or phase 3 of 4 if we insist on counting the Union match earlier)

Highlight of the half has to be the 41yo Canadian #10 smashing one of our players. Belting hit that! 😁

That was one hell of a tackle.

19 minutes ago, GeordieSaint said:

Who is the England No9? Her distribution from dummy half is excellent.

Yes, she manages the ruck really well, loads of talk and as you say her distribution is excellent.  In particular how she looks to position her runners.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

2 minutes ago, muckymunksy said:

They will put 60 past us. 

I hope not but they are a quality team. So it wouldn't be a shock.

As always, the aussies have everything in place to be the best.

• Like 1

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

Courtney Wingfield-Hill with a superb break, then the kick out wide to create the try. Brilliant!

• Like 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 minute ago, Archie Gordon said:

No.

But I would have preferred a Group A with 3 SF qualifiers and a Group B with 1. Even more so than the men's, this is too processional.

Who would you have chosen in the sacrificial PNG role of previous men's World Cup's where can feel privileged to be in a World Cup but set up to fail?

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

2 minutes ago, Archie Gordon said:

No.

But I would have preferred a Group A with 3 SF qualifiers and a Group B with 1. Even more so than the men's, this is too processional.

I think it is fine in a relatively nascent sport. if it is 20 years down the line, like many of the men's makeweights, then that is a different matter.

7 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Courtney Wingfield-Hill with a superb break, then the kick out wide to create the try. Brilliant!

She seems to be running more for England than she does for Leeds.  I wonder if that is a coaching thing as she looks far better and much harder to defend with a running option.

10 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

I honestly thought she'd shanked the kick but it ended well just gave the winger work to finish more than she'd have liked.

Just now, Dunbar said:

Who would you have chosen in the sacrificial PNG role of previous men's World Cup's where can feel privileged to be in a World Cup but set up to fail?

I don't see it as sacrificial. If you finish 4th in a powerful group you likely get knocked out a week earlier than you might otherwise have. But you get 3 big games. Having (likely) taken your medicine, you probably shouldn't be in the top group(s) at the next RLWC. 

This women's event would have been better if today was ENG-NZL and CAN-CKI. Two good match ups.

Scrappy now.

Will we do the traditional England/GB thing of being competitive against Australia for 60-70 mins but not able to do 80 mins at that intensity?

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!