Lee Radford is on the money

1 hour ago, graveyard johnny said:

can't we get elon musk to buy the rights  to the british game ?

Elon Musk is a gormless aporth when it comes to Rugby League.

It's the last thing we need.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

4 hours ago, Eddie said:

He says what we all know the issues are but says nothing about how they might be resolved, a fairly pointless article. 

Truthful though , we ALL know the problems , seldom if ever does anybody have a realistic answer 

58 minutes ago, Number 16 said:

... and we'll make no progress as long as clubs like Leigh, Featherstone, Barrow, York etc are seen by many fans as credible contenders for a place in SL.

Of course we need New York , Toronto and Vegas 😂

So somebody who has made his living out of the sport for the last 25 years is complaining the sport has financial issues , as we've all put , " tell us something we don't know " , this the coach of a club that plays in a stadium 60 years out of date ( not my criticism , just a fact ) that had the rules of inclusion to SL changed to allow them back in , twice , 

So your answer Lee is ? 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Number 16 said:

There's nothing wrong with York. It's a beautiful city with heaps going for it. But I very much doubt that it's inclusion in SL will do much to broaden RL's appeal, or even York's junior playing base.

Looking for positives, you would have professional Rugby League in the City, rather than part time/semi-amateur.  

That would surely attract a number of new fans, especially given that there are not a huge number of sporting distractions in the city. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Number 16 said:

There's nothing wrong with York. It's a beautiful city with heaps going for it. But I very much doubt that it's inclusion in SL will do much to broaden RL's appeal, or even York's junior playing base.

You reckon? Decent stadium, covers a wider North Yorkshire population, great location and world famous name/city

I'm confused what they wouldn't bring 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dunbar said:

Absolutely right.

In my career, I have seen many many people who are happy to articulate a problem... real or perceived. 

Very few of those people are able to define a clear and practical plan to remedy the situation. 

And very few of those have the tenacity to see those plans to fruition. 

When you find these people, they are like gold dust.

Yep agreed.....people with a solution based  approach are great in the work place 

It's easy to lead ....much harder to manage 

1 hour ago, Number 16 said:

Who would you include out of interest? 

1 hour ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

You reckon? Decent stadium, covers a wider North Yorkshire population, great location and world famous name/city

I'm confused what they wouldn't bring 

They’re not from a megalopolis mate, and don’t play in an 80,000 stadium with retractable roof. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Griff said:

Elon Musk is a gormless aporth when it comes to Rugby League.

It's the last thing we need.

Are you using reverse psychology? You surely know he loves proving nay sayers wrong.

I'll try one: Sir James Ratcliffe will never invest in UK SL. Too tough a task for him.

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion.