Catalans Trip a bit easier now

Spidey

Interesting, cheers for this @Spidey.

I'm a MCR-BCN regular and base myself in the salubrious surroundings of Lloret for Catalans away so I could be tempted by this route if only doing a long weekend.

We've got Cats away in July again next year so 10 days on the beach in Spain is a more likely plan.😎

Edited by SalfordSlim

11 minutes ago, SalfordSlim said:

Interesting, cheers for this @Spidey.

I'm a MCR-BCN regular and base myself in the salubrious surroundings of Lloret for Catalans away so I could be tempted by this route if only doing a long weekend.

We've got Cats away in July again next year so 10 days on the beach in Spain is a more likely plan.😎

Trains out of Perpignan can be a problem on the Saturday night, apparently. 

I usually stay in Perpignan, so can’t really say for sure. 

3 hours ago, Jughead said:

Trains out of Perpignan can be a problem on the Saturday night, apparently. 

I usually stay in Perpignan, so can’t really say for sure. 

Ah yeah I'd only do this route if I was staying in Perpignan or somewhere like Canet Plage on the coast which is only about 8-10 miles I think from Perpignan. 

Whilst Perpignan is a nice enough place, not sure I can cope with paying their crazy beer prices for 4 days.😩 Handy for the Yorkshire folk though.

4 minutes ago, SalfordSlim said:

Ah yeah I'd only do this route if I was staying in Perpignan or somewhere like Canet Plage on the coast which is only about 8-10 miles I think from Perpignan. 

Whilst Perpignan is a nice enough place, not sure I can cope with paying their crazy beer prices for 4 days.😩 Handy for the Yorkshire folk though.

Perpignan virtually shuts on a Sunday too.

12 minutes ago, SalfordSlim said:

Interesting, Toulouse was pretty lively this year when I was over on the Sunday so it must be different from city to city.

I’ve only been once but we struggled to find somewhere to eat on the Sunday. It was a waste of a day IMO. I now understand why many stay in Spain and travel up for the game.

5 hours ago, Eddie said:

True, Wakefield is a bucket list travel destination for most people in Occitania. 

Are we going to st tropez again this year papa. 

No son it's a long weekend in flanshaw. Said nobody, ever.

Edited by Midlands hobo

13 minutes ago, Jughead said:

Yeah, Perpignan is usually dead on a Sunday but I’m usually hungover and leaving on the Sunday so I don’t mind so much. 

It’s not a bad place to stay with many nice towns and cities accessible via train. I

There's a place near there that sounds Nice.

16 hours ago, SalfordSlim said:

I'm presuming you stick to the main bars around Le Castillet and not venture into the squares and streets away from it where the local bars tend to be a lot cheaper than the 'rugby tourist bars'?

15 hours ago, Gomersall said:

I’ve only been once but we struggled to find somewhere to eat on the Sunday. It was a waste of a day IMO. I now understand why many stay in Spain and travel up for the game.

We usually go to Canet on the Sunday for a chill day (although it usually turns into cocktail Sunday) at the seaside, there's some smashing bars and eateries down there, quick and cheap bus ride too.

• Thanks 2