Cas Stadium Revelopment - could it be this time?

3 hours ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

Look it's only planning, so still nowhere near spades in the ground, but this seems a lot more feasible than anything I've seen before.

Looks from the photo they have the stand facing away from the pitch- is that intentional?

Edited by Mr Frisky
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Mr Frisky said:

Looks from the photo they have the standard facing away from the pitch- is that intentional?

I'd guess it's facing away from the training pitch which is behind the existing stand, and therefore facing towards the main pitch.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Barley Mow said:

I'd guess it's facing away from the training pitch which is behind the existing stand, and therefore facing towards the main pitch.

That's right . View is from the new training pitch , so you can see the back of the new main stand . I think you can just make out the floodlights if that helps to get a better persepctive

6 minutes ago, Eddie said:

It doesn’t say what the new capacity will be, unless I’m missing something obvious. 

Don't think there is due to be much of change. Larger seated main stand will add but then seats going in to the Princess St stand will pretty much offset that. Be 10,500-11,000 i'd expect. 

Edited by hunsletgreenandgold
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Eddie said:

I can’t stand modern toilet facilities, who doesn’t prefer a trough with loads of those yellow or blue freshening things thrown in. 

Especially when they are chilled to just the right temperature....you know the temperature where finding things gets difficult just before peeing 

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

Don't think there is due to be much of change. Larger seated main stand will add but then seats going in to the Princess St stand will pretty much offset that. Be 10,550-11,000 i'd expect. 

I don't think there are seats going into Princess Street , the capacity is less as seats going all across one side instead of current set up where there is standing at each side of the main stand . Extra seating will reduce overall capacity , but increase number of seats.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Taffy Tiger said:

I don't think there are seats going into Princess Street , the capacity is less as seats going all across one side instead of current set up where there is standing at each side of the main stand . Extra seating will reduce overall capacity , but increase number of seats.

Ah my bad - I read refurbished and assumed they may be putting seats in and just keeping the ends standing. 

1 minute ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

Ah my bad - I read refurbished and assumed they may be putting seats in and just keeping the ends standing. 

I think it would have been too expensive , so keeping Railway End standing ,although not quite as much standing room as new main stand goes into corner and around a little . Princess Street and Wheldon Road both staying standing as far as I am aware , but a general tidy up of these stands with new roofs on both . Hopefully will look good and should be a big improvement.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Man of Kent said:

Where’s the money coming from?

i presume 106 monies from the development of land opposite X Cape jnt on M62. The developers are Axiom.

I think this is only an outline application, but could be wrong. Also the the two developments will probably be linked on their respective application as per the Wakefield scheme. If this is the case, there could be a long way to go as Wakefield Council dont do things quickly. 

One thing I dont understand about this application is money being spent on a 4G pitch for the small training ground. I would have thought such funding would be better spent on the Stadium pitch itself, and also getting it up to proper full size dimensions.

10 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

So 2,200 ' new ' jobs ? 

So who's going to lose 2,200 existing jobs ? 

And until it's built , it doesn't exist and should NOT be included in any criteria classification 

I don't know how to tell you this but the stadium already exists.

And, in a real novelty, it's owned by the club which will continue to be worth marks for Cas in gradings vs less secure lodger clubs.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Agbrigg said:

One thing I dont understand about this application is money being spent on a 4G pitch for the small training ground. I would have thought such funding would be better spent on the Stadium pitch itself, and also getting it up to proper full size dimensions.

Never underestimate the income streams you can get from a 4G training ground pitch. You can absolutely rinse them in a way that a stadium requires much greater operating costs. Until the inevitable scandal a few years from now when it emerges that they're really toxic or something, 4G training piches should almost be more of a no-brainer than 4Gmain pitches.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, The Ghost of 99 said:

I don't know how to tell you this but the stadium already exists.

And, in a real novelty, it's owned by the club which will continue to be worth marks for Cas in gradings vs less secure lodger clubs.

Which one ? 

27 minutes ago, Agbrigg said:

i presume 106 monies from the development of land opposite X Cape jnt on M62. The developers are Axiom.

I think this is only an outline application, but could be wrong. Also the the two developments will probably be linked on their respective application as per the Wakefield scheme. If this is the case, there could be a long way to go as Wakefield Council dont do things quickly. 

£12.2M from Axiom (In form of 106 I think) and £2M already given by WMDC. Absolutely no need to make any changes to stadium pitch . One of best playing surfaces in Super League . Always in immaculate condition , whereas training pitch is very bumpy and in very poor condition. 

34 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

So 2,200 ' new ' jobs ? 

So who's going to lose 2,200 existing jobs ? 

And until it's built , it doesn't exist and should NOT be included in any criteria classification 

The 2,200 jobs refers to the new build by Axiom off the M62 , where the new Cas ground was going to be built originally . Axiom have changed the purpose of this from Retail to Employment based I think , creating these new jobs , although you are right that this hasn't been built yet.

Edited by Taffy Tiger
addition