RLWC Merchandise delays

Is anybody else experiencing difficulties in getting their post-RLWC merchandise order sorted out?

I ordered a few shirts/hoodies when they were discounted at the end of the RLWC (around 25th November) but the only responses I get back from my chasing emails is that their warehouse is extremely busy and to allow extra time for them to dispatch my order.

Rather gutted that 25 days after placing the order it looks like I won't be getting the gear for Christmas!

4 minutes ago, Paul Davidson said:

Is anybody else experiencing difficulties in getting their post-RLWC merchandise order sorted out?

I ordered a few shirts/hoodies when they were discounted at the end of the RLWC (around 25th November) but the only responses I get back from my chasing emails is that their warehouse is extremely busy and to allow extra time for them to dispatch my order.

Rather gutted that 25 days after placing the order it looks like I won't be getting the gear for Christmas!

ah - the good old days of shops - walk in shop- purchase item- take item home

is there anything modern life cant make more difficult?

• Haha 1

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

1 hour ago, Paul Davidson said:

In the same boat, ordered stuff for Christmas presents on the 26th November and still hasn't been dispatched

1 hour ago, Dave T said:

Yeah, I haven't received some t shirts. Assuming royal mail issues tbh, and thankfully they are just for knocking about in rather than Xmas gifts. 

They can't even use the royal mail strikes as an excuse as they use Evri for deliveries, although that's probably worse

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, NERugbyDad said:

They can't even use the royal mail strikes as an excuse as they use Evri for deliveries, although that's probably worse

Yeah, I only got a dispatch email today, so it hasn't even been out at all until today! 

And they STILL keep trying yo flog it off on social media despite all of these delays.

It really is sick to me that they'd do this to Rugby League fans, who are giving Rugby League gifts. And during difficult economic times. The RFL staff should be down there getting hands on and ###### driving it personally to these people.

I didn't order anything but the lack of communication and delays, and then doubling down and trying to flog more really boils my blood.

DIEHARD / TITAN / MAROON / KANGAROO

You didn't order anything? They are clearing unsold stock at bargain prices (albeit the popular items and sizes are sold out) yet you expect RFL staff not World Cup staff to deliver to hundreds of addresses across the country personally?

That sort of stuff really makes blood boil. 😊

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, JohnM said:

I think it's more to do with EVRI . Mine were stuck at its Knowlsey depot for nearly a week . Arrived there late November and delivered a week later. I guess that things are worse now we are nearly at Christmas.

Dutton has confirmed it is the merchandise partner where the issue is. Although my parcel is now with Evri I still expect another 2 month wait before it turns up in my neighbours bin. 😆

Interesting to look through Dutton's timeline, he is also apologising for delays in issuing refunds from RLWC, which is nothing to do with merchandise suppliers or couriers. 

He appears to have spent a lot of time apologising over the last few months. 

• Like 1

Still waiting on my order I placed a month ago, not despatched yet.

I've emailed twice and they say they can't give estimates of despatch dates and have asked for "extra time" bringing back more bad world cup memories,

As they offered to cancel I suspect they took my money but don't have the items to post out. What a shambles.

Not good a good experience, clearly.  I didn't suffer that much in comparison. This is my story.

Looks like RLWC2021  looks after orders and payment, OmniParcel fulfils them and Evri distributes and delivers them. In my case, I'd argue that the delay was with EVRI.

Omni Parcel is an international delivery service for e-commerce sellers. Their services include Global fulfilment, global delivery management, global returns solutions, and eCommerce development and design. Owned by SEKO, a US global business..

Friday Nov 25th:  My order was confirmed the day I placed it, by email from Rugby League World Cup 2021 Shop shop.cs@rlwc2021.com via shopifyemail.com

Sunday 27th Nov. notification  in an email from Rugby League World Cup 2021 Shop shop.cs@rlwc2021.com via shopifyemail.com

Your order is on the way. Track your shipment to see the delivery status.

Omniparcel tracking number: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Friday 2nd December, I emailed shop.cs@rlwc2021.com

I wrote, "Tracking information shows it has been sitting at the EVRI sub depot since Wednesday 30 th November."

They replied: Thanks for reaching out. Due to courier delays, please allow some extra time for your parcel to be delivered.

(That did it for me,. Reaching out? Those words trigger extreme nausea!!)

Monday 5th December, email from EVRI  telling me my items had been delivered, which they had

Edited by JohnM

I ordered towards the back end of the World Cup and didn't even get a confirmation email. I emailed them after about 2 weeks and they sent a tracking number straight back, so presumably sent it out upon getting my email and then I got it a few days later. A mate of mine ordered the same day, had to email them 3 times and eventually got it after about 4 or 5 weeks of waiting. 

All very in keeping with the overall amateurish feel of the World Cup organisation. 

4 minutes ago, WN83 said:

I ordered towards the back end of the World Cup and didn't even get a confirmation email. I emailed them after about 2 weeks and they sent a tracking number straight back, so presumably sent it out upon getting my email and then I got it a few days later. A mate of mine ordered the same day, had to email them 3 times and eventually got it after about 4 or 5 weeks of waiting. 

All very in keeping with the overall amateurish feel of the World Cup organisation. 

I wonder how it can be that some people clearly didn't get email order confirmations and some did?

Was it in some way to do with the (very) low price stock clearance phase?

Whilst there were also well-documented ticketing issues for some, I don't agree that there was an overall amateurish feel to the World Cup